Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
chans formers
raff ow roud
calling all mississaugans - things to do while in town for TFcon

hopefully some of you guys can help.
i'm wondering what there is to see and do around the mississauga area,more towards being "family" oriented.wifey and i are finally starting to plan the whole trip,and it would be awesome if some of you guys who live in the area can offer some good suggestions on what to see/do.
please keep in mind that we do have a wee one with us,just old enough to stumble around like a mini drunk

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

some of the previous years we've been to toronto's chinatown,canada's wonderland,niagra falls,etc.so suggestions along those lines would be great

thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: calling all mississaugans

OMG OMG OMG DO THE ZOO!!!

It's huge and has some awesome animals...there's also quite a few nice conservation areas to the north you can go for a hike in, or even check out Bell's falls...

If I'm not working I'll show ya a few things you can do...living here my entire life and I can't think off the top of my head on the spot when it comes to this question :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
chans formers
raff ow roud

wifey likes your zoo suggestion so far
Old 04-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

If the Jays are in town catch a game.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Honestly you could spend the entire day there it's so huge and though it's open year round I can't help but love going in the summer

Here's one of the conservation areas I was taken too much in my youth. Though coming from Alberta it may seem like a joke :P

There's some really nice parks for the kidlet down by lakeshore area...spend a few hours there...get a nice dinner....some ice cream after...go for a walk by the lake....chicks dig it

Square One is the local shopping hub, course it pales in comparison to the west edmonton mall but it give you something to do in a slow afternoon...also there's playdium across the street if you want some arcading fun. Or if wifey wants deals the convention isn't far from Heartland shopping center...a huge radius that's a coupld of KM wide of stores and many have cheap shit on clearance just to make room for new stuff at larger stores (kinda like an outlet center).

Ontario place by the waterfront may also be a nice option for the little one...

Bah I'll just keep going backwards in my memory if you don't tell me to stop and that could leave me here all day! lol

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
OMG OMG OMG DO THE ZOO!!!

It's huge and has some awesome animals...
But does it have dinosaurs? Our zoo is prehistoric baby!

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Jurassic Park is in Calgary?!

There actually was a Dinosaur thing at the zoo a few years back but it's been a LONG time...like maybe 3 or so years...I even remember a wicked exhibit the EX had even longer ago...fudge, I was in the second grad when that went down so....94?....damn...fun times...I likes me some Dinosaurs...

There are Komodo Dragons at the zoo though :P

Old 04-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
hopefully some of you guys can help.
i'm wondering what there is to see and do around the mississauga area,more towards being "family" oriented.wifey and i are finally starting to plan the whole trip,and it would be awesome if some of you guys who live in the area can offer some good suggestions on what to see/do.
please keep in mind that we do have a wee one with us,just old enough to stumble around like a mini drunk

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

some of the previous years we've been to toronto's chinatown,canada's wonderland,niagra falls,etc.so suggestions along those lines would be great

thanks in advance.
oh snap, we should meet up! I'm family friendly
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

I've been to the Toronto Zoo too. It literally took me the whole day (10am to 5:30pm) to walk the whole thing, take in all the animals, the exibits, and the sheer mass of it. I was there when they had Stingray Bay too, so it was cool touching a stingray as it swam by. If you're looking for a day trip, it's definately worth it.

Ontario Place is good too. It's designed more to appeal to the kids, but they encourage families to come and have fun together and they do have some cool things for us, like Imax.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #10
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Is Centre Island still around? I have some fond family friendly memories of that from when I was a wee one.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote