Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-08-2022, 04:16 PM   #1
greenlantern of cybe
Mini-Con
Anyone in York Region (Markham-ish) have a MP Primal? I want to compare with mine

Hi all,

I just received my MP Optimus Primal Reissue from Bababobo (in a destoyed box )

His colours seem off to me, i dont know if its different for this reissue, he mistakenly sent me a KO, or its not different at all.

it just seems really dark.

Images online of ape mode have grey fur with metalic blue(-ish) chest/belly.

while mine seems to have dark fur, and a not blue-ish belly, its almost metalic black.

So does anyone want to compare their MP Primals?
greenlantern of cybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:03 PM   #2
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Anyone in York Region (Markham-ish) have a MP Primal? I want to compare with min

Here's a comparison version between the ko and the official:

https://youtu.be/miAyOwXu_28

Did you contact Baba about the extremely damaged box? Their customer service is good and they may send you another. Probably contact them first.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:11 PM   #3
optimusb39
Animated
Re: Anyone in York Region (Markham-ish) have a MP Primal? I want to compare with min

There are two different releases of primal. The show accurate version with the Grey fur pattern on him and muted blues and reds and there was a toy accurate version that was matte black with bright red and blue.
If your guy came with blue swords mace and a battle mask that is the toy version. The show version doesn't have a mask and his swords are blue metallic with silver and gold accents.
The mold is identical otherwise
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:28 PM   #4
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
There are two different releases of primal. The show accurate version with the Grey fur pattern on him and muted blues and reds and there was a toy accurate version that was matte black with bright red and blue.
If your guy came with blue swords mace and a battle mask that is the toy version. The show version doesn't have a mask and his swords are blue metallic with silver and gold accents.
The mold is identical otherwise
I don't think that's what he's referring to. You're talking about Mp-38 Supreme Commander which is a different figure altogether. There are ko's that are identical to the MP-32 Optimus Primal (their boxes are exactly the same and really the only way to distinguish them is to look at the figures themselves). I have a ko of MP-32 plus the official (haven't opened the official as I planned to keep it MISB). If I didn't know better, I would mistake the ko for the official (plus the ko is really well made). There are slight color variations between the ko and the official, but they are really slight. You have to watch a side-by-side comparison to see the difference.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 06-09-2022 at 01:47 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:53 PM   #5
greenlantern of cybe
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Here's a comparison version between the ko and the official:

https://youtu.be/miAyOwXu_28

Did you contact Baba about the extremely damaged box? Their customer service is good and they may send you another. Probably contact them first.
I seen that video, that's what got me worried, it seems a lot like the KO colours shown in it. but its really hard to actually make a judgement as it may be from a difference of lighting.

Bababobo was really sure I got the real deal and not the KO (which he also sells)

I asked about the getting a new box, and he said he doesn't do that. He offered a $10 refund, which isn't much, but better than nothing...
I'm still pretty upset about it as I have all the other MP BW with intact boxes, but if this indeed the KO I'll be furious.

Last edited by greenlantern of cybe; 06-09-2022 at 12:58 PM.
greenlantern of cybe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
darker, masterpiece, primal, variation