Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
damian_1349
Machine War
Roadbots

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on the roadbots...1:32 scale....worth the money or just a useless waste.....all opinions welcome.
damian_1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Roadbots

The vehicle modes are definitely more accurate than a Deluxe-scale Transformer (which is of comparable size and price) and they use a stiffer plastic that seems to hold detail better than what you usually see on Transformers. They also tend to be loaded up with accessories. On the other hand their transformations tend to be pretty partsforming-oriented and articulation can be limited compared to what you'd get in a Transformer.

I bought a few back when the only Transformers on the shelves were from the first movie line (i.e. the dark age of the toyline) so I appreciated them then, but these days I'm not sure if they're worth it. They're cheap, though, so if you do see some for sale in your area it won't set you back too much to find out for yourself.

Of the figures I own my favourite is the Mitsubishi Pajero and my least favourite is the H2 Hummer. I've also got the Ford GT and Toyota Celica, which I'm a bit indifferent towards. The Ford looks good in both modes and has a nice axe accessory but involves a fair bit of partsforming and doesn't have knees. The Celica is one of the few without partsforming and has joints in all the expected spots, but I just find it boring.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

You know, I remember a guy at TFCon had these and it got to the point where he was willing to sell the two of them that he had for like, 10 dollars each(It was either 5 for both or 10, I can't remember)
Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

$10 for a 1:32 Roadbot isn't too far below their normal retail price. They've never been particularly expensive.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
$10 for a 1:32 Roadbot isn't too far below their normal retail price. They've never been particularly expensive.
Forgot to mention that it was 10$ for the both of them.

Also...if I recall correctly, they parts form more then they transform is that correct?
Old 01-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

It varies from figure to figure (the Pajero had very little partsforming and the Celica none at all) but it tends to be a factor.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
damian_1349
Machine War

found a 1:18 scale h3 mummer today...pretty good
damian_1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Pascal
Banned

Have you guys tried the Harley Davidson Roadbot?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

I collect these for some reason...really like them. I would say the 1:32 is most 'disappointing', but they're still interesting to me. The 1:12 Ford GT and Mitsu are unbelievable, IMHO--I recommend them to anyone remotely interested in the series.

1:18 are like big, parts-forming Alts with less articulation and 'poorer' proportions, and great detail. You'll get seats, dashboards, and rubber tires for most figures above 1:32, BTW. There are a couple of 1:24 models too.

1:32 have blacked-out windows, cheap feeling tires. Again, nice crisp Alt-modes but strange decisions for the 'Bot modes. They have light-up weapons and tons of accessories as others have said. I like the racing Vette the best.

Would pics help?

Pascal--even though I have most of them, I passed on the bikes (but hope to find one at some point)

--Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
Solscud007
Beast Machine

In had two 1:18 scale. the Green lambo and red Mitsubishi. But I only like my two 1:12 scale Ford GT and Black Mitsubishi Evo.
Solscud007 is offline   Reply With Quote