Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #11
Skywarp's Shadow
Re: Repair Thread

For classics starscream the hole on his arm for th null ray is a bit big for the cannon itself, can I apply nail polish on the peg of the cannon?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
TTT
OutOfCommissionToys.com

Try that, just apply a LITTLE at first & let it dry then test fit. I would apply it to the hole in his arm(around the insides), instead of to the cannon peg.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:51 AM   #13
dak
Master Creator

I'm not sure about the metal part. I'd need to do some research on that one. How bad is the oxidation? any pics of that?

Sticker removal can be done with a mild detergent and water. You can also use Goo Gone, but i don't sugest it for painted area's. If the bit of soap and water doesn't work, try a drop or 2 of white vinigar in water and use that as a remover. Is does tend to leave a smell after, so clean your character to remove the smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_rage View Post
Hey, does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean up the metal parts of a G2 Devastator? I don't want to use a really harsh chemical or anything, but there's this possible oxidation on the metal parts, and I was hoping to clean it up a bit.

Also, I was hoping to give the plastic a safe, but clean scrubbing and remove the old stickers and add reprolables onto it. Any suggestions on how to safely clean the plastic too?

Although it might not be possible, and I'm guessing I might end up really rusting up the metal.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 AM   #14
dak
Master Creator

All i can tell you is to take the god one appart piece by piece, and do the same with the broken one, then re assemble the good one on the broken one. I do not have Shockwave myself, but that is the best suggestion I can tell you. If there are spicific area's that are troubling you, post some pics and I can we can all try and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatrush View Post
anyone have any tips or know how to replace shockwave's legs?

I have two junker shockwaves both with a leg broken, I am hoping to combine the non-broken legs to one shockwave.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:00 AM   #15
dak
Master Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp's shadow View Post
For classics starscream the hole on his arm for th null ray is a bit big for the cannon itself, can I apply nail polish on the peg of the cannon?
Yes you can use nail polish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTransTorture View Post
Try that, just apply a LITTLE at first & let it dry then test fit. I would apply it to the hole in his arm(around the insides), instead of to the cannon peg.
TT is right on how to go about the process, but I'm going to say put the polish on the peg rather than the hole because if you add too much to the hole then you've just screwed it up. But, if it's on the peg you can atleast take some sand paper and sand it down to a thinner layer or back to what you started with. cleaning out the inside of the hole is possible, but much more difficult than removing from the peg.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #16
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_rage View Post
Hey, does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean up the metal parts of a G2 Devastator? I don't want to use a really harsh chemical or anything, but there's this possible oxidation on the metal parts, and I was hoping to clean it up a bit.

Also, I was hoping to give the plastic a safe, but clean scrubbing and remove the old stickers and add reprolables onto it. Any suggestions on how to safely clean the plastic too?

Although it might not be possible, and I'm guessing I might end up really rusting up the metal.
Problem is that once the rust gets there, its a real pain to get off. However, try using rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball or a q-tip on the metal part (the higher the alcohol content, the better). If you get some on the plastic, no big deal. If you find you're getting smearing on the metal as you wipe, try spraying a tiny bit of alcohol on it, and then use a hair dryer to dry it off.

It might not get anything off if its oxidation, but if its just grime or dirt, it might help.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:31 PM   #17
S.A.A.M.
Beast Machine

My MP Prime's left foot keeps popping off. The ball joint doesn't seem to want to keep the foot in place. Any ideas guys?
S.A.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:45 PM   #18
dak
Master Creator

there is a bit of spring action to the foot. a bit more force may be needed to fully pop the ball back in the socket. otherwise you can put a thin layer of clear nail polish on the ball, let it dry and that should do it.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 PM   #19
TTT
OutOfCommissionToys.com

My old 20th Ann.(2004) has the same prob. every time an ant walks by POP off it goes.....
Old 12-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #20
Stoneclaw
Stoneclaw's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Stoneclaw

I have a new classics Astrotrain and one of his arms are REALLY loose, like as soon as u touch it it falls off, any suggestions of ways to fix it, ive tried popping the ball in but it is as far in as possible
Stoneclaw is offline   Reply With Quote