Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
Synch
Beasty
TRU question for those that work there?..

I am just wondering but can you guys tell when trucks are coming in or not?.. I just called and gave a SKN for something & they said they had some coming in on a truck and that it normaly takes a couple of weeks for that said truck to get there ...

I asked if they knew a date but they said that it did not say ...

Now am I just being fed a steaming pile of BS here orrr?.. I never know to trust these guys or not ... She allso put me on hold after I gave her the SKN so I couldn't actaully hear anything ala her typing it up or what not ...
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: TRU question for those that work there?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synch View Post
I am just wondering but can you guys tell when trucks are coming in or not?.. I just called and gave a SKN for something & they said they had some coming in on a truck and that it normaly takes a couple of weeks for that said truck to get there ...

I asked if they knew a date but they said that it did not say ...

Now am I just being fed a steaming pile of BS here orrr?.. I never know to trust these guys or not ... She allso put me on hold after I gave her the SKN so I couldn't actaully hear anything ala her typing it up or what not ...
Sometime it's only the employees in a higher position who knows, like the manager or a buyer. Front line staff grunts may never have any idea.

Then again, if they did know, they lie just to prevent potential scalpers from buying up the entire stock they get. Honestly, what kind of prick tries buy it all up? Is it these greedy store owners who want to make some money on the side?

This is why they have limits per person, but even that is difficult to deter.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

I've called a few TRU this morning as well, they don't seem to know when trucks are coming, at least that's what I've been told.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
StarwarsTF
seek&destroy

My good friend works there. Trucks in Ontario are 3-4 times a week. Though the knowledge of whats on them (trucks) is a puzzle. TRU has no invoices and whatever falls off, falls off, on to them. The managers are as clueless as the associates! (no offense) and thats because their head office is still running from the early 80's on inventory procedure.

Depending what you are looking for something in there system can be shown as a "DOC PEND" which means you have a 1-2 week range when it actually arrives to the store. Also an order can be place 6 months before the item is available by head office and that time frame is in the computer also, the month is shown when something is due on the shelves.
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
kidkid

It depends on who. There is guy who does the stock up for the transformers usually tell me when are the trucks coming if he is on duty. He knows when they come within a period of one week. But I guess most of those people from TRU don't know wtf is going on or they don't want to tell you anything. U can tell they feel annoying when you try to ask them stuff. Don't know why Canada always have bad customer service compare to the US....
kidkid is offline   Reply With Quote