Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-23-2016, 12:31 AM   #11
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars May Be A Scam

Just one more reason I'm glad I avoided this.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:46 AM   #12
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

the game is pretty fun at first but the past couple of days its become a real grind. Having to wait 12-24 hrs for one building to upgrade takes a lot of the enjoyment out of the game.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #13
Chigimus
Masterpiece

The invasive permissions that most apps require these days comes as no surprise anymore. Unfortunately, even with paid apps, most developers are simply out to bait you into getting their app so that they can datamine your device to send what they feel are relevant ads and the possibly the aforementioned selling of contact details. Which developer is more "honest" than another is anyone's guess. They're all just shiny lures marketed to consumers to click/install just to convince you to lower your guard.

It's not just with mobile apps anymore. Datamining is just the new norm, sadly. Almost any type of social media platform mines the cache and/or cookies on your devices to see where else you've browsed, Netflix and YouTube tracks what you've watched to propose what they feel are relative suggestions, even something as fundamental as an operating system now innately collects your personal info now because Microsoft has designed Windows 10 to forcibly unify your windows sign-on to be linked with a Microsoft/Skype/Hotmail account along with your Xbox Live Account.

Basically, as long as you want to be online and connected to the internet, as well as be the "upstanding" citizen that continues to renew your licence, registration, health care, pay your taxes, be included in the census, etc. then you give up the fantasy of what the system tries to sell you as "privacy". As long as you're on the grid, welcome to the Matrix buddy.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #14
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
the game is pretty fun at first but the past couple of days its become a real grind. Having to wait 12-24 hrs for one building to upgrade takes a lot of the enjoyment out of the game.
See they don't want you to wait, they want you to buy cybercoins so you will speed up the process and spend more money. That's why they do it.

I miss the days of once you got a game you never had to pay anything else for it. Now the consoles are as bad as mobile app games.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:44 AM   #15
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
I miss the days of once you got a game you never had to pay anything else for it. Now the consoles are as bad as mobile app games.
Agreed. Capcom has been pretty bad with that business model lately and Blizzard has been on that path for some time now, though not usually as bad or insistent about it. Not sure about EA, Activision, or some of the other big name developers as it's been a while since I've actually bought a game.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #16
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I actually have no interest in the game at all. The last tf game (the Chinese beta, Forget the name of it) killed my need for s tf phone game I played it and built up a great team and my account rebooted in all devices and I lost everything. I'm done with cell tf games.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #17
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
If you are referring to "device ID and call info", that is so the game can pause when phone call comes in. The "photos/media/files" permission is for game data files on sd card I believe. None of those Android access permissions is for your address book info.
I was about to say this very thing.... Goggle will not allow apps to steal info and such but like some have said its all about allowing the game to know when your getting a call or text so the game can put a hold or such.. as for the game it rocks and a great game
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #18
chans formers
raff ow roud

i'm leery of games that pretty much request an encyclopedia of access.
originally I did plan to give this game a try but to this day and after numerous searches on my phone through the google play store(s3 galaxy),I still can't bring it up to even install the damn thing.
could be a blessing though,i'm still licking my wounds and butt hurt after the last two games I played for months on end to build up my teams....simply shut their doors..."thank you"..."come again".....(both tf legends and battle tactics)
i'm simply gonna stick to "angrybirds tf" and "puzzles and dragons" now lolz...
Old 06-24-2016, 12:34 PM   #19
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
i'm leery of games that pretty much request an encyclopedia of access.
originally I did plan to give this game a try but to this day and after numerous searches on my phone through the google play store(s3 galaxy),I still can't bring it up to even install the damn thing.
could be a blessing though,i'm still licking my wounds and butt hurt after the last two games I played for months on end to build up my teams....simply shut their doors..."thank you"..."come again".....(both tf legends and battle tactics)
i'm simply gonna stick to "angrybirds tf" and "puzzles and dragons" now lolz...
sadly the game will not work on a s3 it requires a newer phone... don't want to let the cat out but there are plans that there will be combiners coming soon... so if you own all team members I'm guessing than you will in some way be able to combine them..
Old 06-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #20
laffy
Crossover

FYI - Soon there will be combiners coming as well other goodies too.. some other way will not jump on this game which is fine but the developers are truly lessoning to us gamers and big changes are on its way.. I already see major improvements made since launch day. Sorry to say but this is by fair the best RPG Transformer game ever and just might be the all time best Transformers game too, only if what is being leaked is in fact true .