Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 06-25-2009, 01:22 AM   #111
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: (SPOILERS ALLOWED) Transformers RoTF Your Reviews

just seen it and man....i'm happy.there's a few areas that make me wonder though.
  • what happened to barricade?at the end fight,one of the decepticon protoforms in the battle looked/sounded like him,even had the same head,but what happened to his saleen mode?
  • how is bonecrusher back from the dead too?
  • when devi first combines,we see longhaul turn into his left leg.2 minutes later he's one of the bots stalking sam through the huts.wtf?2 places at once?
  • i liked the "dr.claw" voice that soundwave had,but if the guy doing his voice could do dr.claw,why not the original soundwave's synthesized voice??
  • was it just me or did wheelie's voice really sound like "johnny5" from short circuit??
  • why was wheelie humping megs leg?what does he get out of it?
  • blackout was awesome(up until prime ripped his noggin in two)but how was he resurrected too?i thought there was just the one shard which was to be used by the decepticons to revive megatron?
  • which decepticon got torn apart by the others under the sea for spare parts for megs??all i could see was the dark silohette and spotlights??
all in all,besides what i'm wondering above, awesome sequel
Old 06-25-2009, 01:37 AM   #112
SimonMK
Armada

The ''Blackout'' we see in the forest is actually his repaint named Grindor. I guess they didn't bother changing the color to help us know how is who. Since...

We see a ''Bonecrusher'' who is probably just another Decepticon who use the same vehicle mode.

From the way its look like, they made two set of Constructicons, 1 with vehicles mode and robot mode only (Demolishor at the beginning, Long Haul and Mix Master versus the army and Autobots) and the other set being vehicle and Devastator limb mode only.

Just like the toys...

When I think about it, there way too many unnecessary jokes/innuendos like Devastator's wrecking ''balls'', Simmons exposing his ass revealing him wearing a thong, Room-mate tazing his own testicle, room-mate hugging Simmons while they sleep, room-mate being constantly horny (and annoying like the twins).

I will take the Australian woman and her friend from the first movie over the room-mate. He was more pointless than the secretary guy from the first movie. They could had easily found another way to make Sam find Simmons.

Last edited by SimonMK; 06-25-2009 at 01:51 AM.
SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:49 AM   #113
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonMK View Post
The ''Blackout'' we see in the forest is actually his repaint named Grindor. I guess they didn't bother changing the color to help us know how is who. Since...

We see a ''Bonecrusher'' who is probably just another Decepticon who use the same vehicle mode.

From the way its look like, they made two set of Constructicons, 1 with vehicles mode and robot mode only (Demolishor at the beginning, Long Haul and Mix Master versus the army and Autobots) and the other set being vehicle and Devastator limb mode only.

Just like the toys...
- Yup Grindor will get Legends toy in the future which is a Blackout repaint.

- Well they landed in the desert in which that vehicle is redealy around...... Bonecrusher the 2nd maybe?
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:54 AM   #114
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonMK View Post

we see "bonecrusher" in his exact same robot mode too in the final battle.
now i kinda wonder why they didn't show "jolt"'s bot mode?saving it for part 3 maybe?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 AM   #115
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
So ummmmm I got back from the IMAX version in Montreal today (With our awesome board member Guber and a friend). I saw the movie in it's regular version on monday (as seen in post #3 by FreedomGundam and now I saw the IMAX one........................ odd thing......

......there was no new extra scenes or footage......? Am I alone?
Having seen both now, I don't think there was anything extra in IMAX either. The special scenes certainly looked huge and fantastic, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $5.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #116
Sokar
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
we see "bonecrusher" in his exact same robot mode too in the final battle.
now i kinda wonder why they didn't show "jolt"'s bot mode?saving it for part 3 maybe?

They did show jolt's robot mode. twice actually. The first time was at the military base when they brought back prime's body and the military surrounded the autobots. The second time was when Jolt helped 'install' jetfire's parts onto prime. Ratchet actually refered to him as 'jolt' IIRC

It's very brief so it's easy to miss, but Jolt definitely looked freaking awesome

Also, maybe I missed it, but after the fight with devestator did we ever see skids or mudflap again?

Last edited by Sokar; 06-25-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:27 AM   #117
0peraticon
Generation 2

I'm still abit shaken with The Fallen's death.
How can the on-the-spotlight Decepticon boss die in a humiliating and undignified manner?!

He was literally running away like a little girl after Optimus gave him a bad "haircut"
0peraticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:22 AM   #118
Phalanx
Generation 2

It was... okay. Definitely preferred the first one, though. So... thoughts and impressions, in no particular order:

-Action sequences were great - particularly the opening battle in Shanghai, Ravage's attack on the military base (Ravage really needed more time in the movie...), and Prime's 'last stand' while protecting Sam were all pretty awesome.

-Too many new characters. A lot of characters were just there for the sake of being there. I know they have to sell toys, but there wasn't enough screen time to spread around...

-...And where they chose to spread it around was... not so great. Honestly, the twins, Wheelie and Jetfire were bad caricatures. A little too slapstick for my tastes.

-The dialogue... oh the dialogue was horrible. Too many silly one liners and posturing during the action bits. I know it's a Michael Bay movie, but I don't remember the first movie being anywhere near this bad with one liners.

-The humour was hit and miss. Lots of fun bits, but there was just too much of it. It really detracted from the supposedly grim situation after Optimus' death.

-Overall, the plot was good. I wish, though, that it'd been a little more focused. I feel a lot of things, especially where The Fallen was concerned, could have been better explained.

-Was it just me, or was some of the CGI kinda spotty? Thinking of the stuff in space for the most part, though there were other things like the aerial shot of Prime on the aircraft carrier. 95% of it was absolutely fantastic, but there seemed to be some almost amatuerish bits, too.

Hmm, that's it for now. Looking at the list, it's mostly negative points, but the overall 'fun' factor was still pretty good, and hard to quantify, really. Overall it's fun, but I guess after the first one I was expecting a bit more.
Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 AM   #119
endLess
Beast Machine

If you're looking for this movie to contain more of what the first movie had, you may be disappointed.

Michael Bay clearly went in an entirely new direction with this film. Rather than continuing a great story with engaging human characters and a solid, deep plotline, he brought the focus to the fighting between Autobots and Decepticons.

Not that this is a bad thing, but if you can watch this movie unbiasly, you will enjoy it immensely. My only real gripe after watching this is how Ratchet, Jolt and Ironhide barely received any screentime and how Ravage died so fast. I won't say anything else except to go watch the movie yourself and enjoy!
endLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #120
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by endLess View Post
Rather than continuing a great story with engaging human characters and a solid, deep plotline, he brought the focus to the fighting between Autobots and Decepticons.
That sounds like abandon good film making and let ILM do all the real work. Lazy! What's even lazier is using that brought back from the dead crap 3 times in one freaken' movie. It might as well be a zombie flick.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote