Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-12-2019, 09:01 PM   #11
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: Couple of things you may want to watch out for with Siege wave 2 bots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoPrime View Post
Howdy fellow bot lovers!

Just thought Id share my take on a few sour TF’s I recently picked up, lol.

After doing some research online it doesnt look like these issues are that widespread. ... However, I thought Id post what Ive experienced so far in the hopes of preventing any recurrences for someone else

1. Battle Master Aimless: x2 right arms (that’s on me as I should’ve looked more closely before purchasing - always do a quick inspection before hand!)

2. Battle Masters Laserbeak: stressed legs after a few transformations (make sure to grab at the plastic closest to the joint itself, or the leg will flex quite easily if pulled down by the foot)

3. Deluxe Ironhide: x2 copies of his hammer/gun breaking at the pivoting/transformation section (upon closer inspection the plastic underneath looked all stressed, even after only approx. 3-4 conversions)

4. Deluxe Sixgun: x2 copies of misassembled toes, where on one copy it is noticeably stressed and on another copy one toe breaking after trying to fix & swap said problem according to TFWiki (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Six-Gun#Generations)

5. Voyager Soundwave: just a few minor issues addressed here; http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=76380

6. Voyager Starscream: stressing and partially cracking of front end of jet (canopy section) after first transformation ... saw a couple of reviews on YouTube that mention how that portion can stick together rather securely, but was very surprised on my copy how tough it actually was (in hindsight I shouldve used the hot water or blow dryer method to soften the plastic)

Anyways, hope no one else comes across any of these problems with their bots! ... Just a couple of things to watch out for
I disagree with laserbeak and ravage
Common sense is due when transforming laserbeak.
They are way better than the crap we got with those transforming disks. Foc soundwave and minion disks
They really did a good job on laserbeak and ravage
Ravage in particular is symmetrically sound as a ravage tape.
They really compliment each other.
No issues here so far
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:56 AM   #12
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
I disagree with laserbeak and ravage
Common sense is due when transforming laserbeak.
They are way better than the crap we got with those transforming disks. Foc soundwave and minion disks
They really did a good job on laserbeak and ravage
Ravage in particular is symmetrically sound as a ravage tape.
They really compliment each other.
No issues here so far
Happy to hear there’s no issues at your end with the bots, Alternatorfan
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #13
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I'm just missing the battlemasters now, but on my figures for wave two, not one issues as stated, but I will state that like others, the micromasters "rescue patrol" have very loose leg joints.

Aside that, Sixgun suffers from the same issues that Clog did, with loose parts and ill fitting sockets or ports.

If I was to say what the worst quality issue has been for Siege as a whole, is the inconsistency with a LOT of loose 5mm ports (holes too big or pins (handles) too small) so that a lot of weapons flip-flop (aren't holding, end up at a weird angle) on the robots' hands.

I find it really odd as so many transformers have been made throughout the 40 years and this used to be really rare, you'd think that they would have the 5mm ports nailed down to perfection by now... and for Siege, I'd say at least half of them (if not more) have this issue.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 06-13-2019 at 09:59 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:14 AM   #14
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

This makes me think I really need to open my stuff and go through some quality control while I can still exchange them.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #15
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
This makes me think I really need to open my stuff and go through some quality control while I can still exchange them.
Yes, this thread has been super helpful, but also motivated me to open up my Siege Micromasters and COG sooner before they are off the shelves.

Plus, I am investing more time watching YouTube review videos. The real costs of enjoying these toys are so much more than the retail asking price!
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:16 PM   #16
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Yes, this thread has been super helpful, but also motivated me to open up my Siege Micromasters and COG sooner before they are off the shelves.

Plus, I am investing more time watching YouTube review videos. The real costs of enjoying these toys are so much more than the retail asking price!
I was good doing that with titan returns fell behind on potp, wish I checked those. opened a couple terrorcons recently and had a couple issues.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #17
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

anyone having a difficult time with ironhides torso, where you have to rotate it 180 degrees.

I have to use quite a bit of force to turn it, I can't find any spot where you push to make it easier to rotate.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #18
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
nice writeup.. so premium prices for premium experiences!
No kidding. The micromasters are all floppy messes. My Sixgun is loose as fuck. Cog is okay. Skytread has that issue that doesn't let his gun properly insert in tank mode (too lazy to trim it).

well worth that ten dollar price jump.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote