Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2020, 08:22 PM   #11
cr3d1t
Beasty
cr3d1t's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Laval
Posts: 317
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

I'm subscribed to his channel. I find he exaggerates a bit when describing figures but he's pretty solid as a reviewer.
__________________
Sale Thread | Want Thread | Feedback Thread
cr3d1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #12
Pascal
Iron Pasc
Pascal's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,834
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
factory samples have ID sample stamp that's visibly seen. only way to get a retail copy that early is through a corporate contact or most likely a shady contact at the manufacturing/packaging/warehousing level, I also imagine he pays a premium to get these in hand
Someone steals them from the assembly line or from factory rejects and sells them to middlemen or directly to collectors. Been there, done that.
__________________
My BST list is HERE.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:45 AM   #13
neevnav
Alternator
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 905
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
factory samples have ID sample stamp that's visibly seen. only way to get a retail copy that early is through a corporate contact or most likely a shady contact at the manufacturing/packaging/warehousing level, I also imagine he pays a premium to get these in hand
If it gets him the view numbers, then the cost is likely worth it.
__________________
neevnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:58 AM   #14
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Goaliebot's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,038
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

I've watched some of his reviews. He does seem to get figures very very early. No clue how.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:16 PM   #15
ssjgoku22
Crossover
ssjgoku22's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,424
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe he has a hook up at Hasbro. They send him an early release which, in turn, gets consumers hyped to buy the figures (just an assumption though).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #16
zhaobinis1
Beasty
zhaobinis1's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Richmond
Posts: 305
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe he has a hook up at Hasbro. They send him an early release which, in turn, gets consumers hyped to buy the figures (just an assumption though).
Not in his case. Hasbro Taiwan did that with Kevin Liu. But all he received were packaged toys, meaning they are ready for release, not samples from factory.
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:42 PM   #17
ssjgoku22
Crossover
ssjgoku22's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,424
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaobinis1 View Post
Not in his case. Hasbro Taiwan did that with Kevin Liu. But all he received were packaged toys, meaning they are ready for release, not samples from factory.
I didn't mean factory samples, I meant Hasbro is literally giving him the actual figure slightly early before the actual release date. PvP is getting packaged, official versions of all the figures, so maybe it's a sponsorship.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:31 PM   #18
zhaobinis1
Beasty
zhaobinis1's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Richmond
Posts: 305
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I didn't mean factory samples, I meant Hasbro is literally giving him the actual figure slightly early before the actual release date. PvP is getting packaged, official versions of all the figures, so maybe it's a sponsorship.
Ah I see.
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:28 PM   #19
Pascal
Iron Pasc
Pascal's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,834
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr3d1t View Post
I'm subscribed to his channel. I find he exaggerates a bit when describing figures but he's pretty solid as a reviewer.
"WHAT'S UP, GUUUUUUUYYYYYYZZZZZZZZ!?!"
__________________
My BST list is HERE.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:35 PM   #20
Pascal
Iron Pasc
Pascal's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,834
Re: Youtuber Prime vs Prime question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
PvP is getting packaged, official versions of all the figures, so maybe it's a sponsorship.
Except it's not the case. The vast majority of the official figures he review don't come with packaging nor instructions. He has zero ties with Hasbro. You really think Hasbro would give him stuff to review when he also reviews stuff infringing their IP?
__________________
My BST list is HERE.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Transformers Shopping






Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.

Transformers on eBay.ca!
Transformers
Lot of 2 Well Used Transformers G1 Soundwave 1984
Transformers
Transformers / Mr. Potato Head / OPTIMASH PRIME / OPTIMUS PRIME - MIB
Transformers
1997 hasbro Transformers Beast Wars, Transmetals Megatron ***for Parts
Transformers
10 TRANSFORMERS Lot 4 Sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Transformers
2 Transformers Earthrise ALLICONS 4 Sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Transformers
Battle Beasts Series 3 Hasbro Takara 86 #57 Black Panther VERY CLEAN WORKING RUB
Transformers
Vintage Transformers Birthday Candle Optimus Prime

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.