Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #321
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
Admittedly though, TRU only has so much stock that they're getting in. I have to wonder what percentage of said stock the online orders are gonna chew through - he might not be as available at retail as we think because of that.

(Conversely, a LOT of people are ordering online, so that's that many less people hunting in stores for one.)
I've been ordering 3 at a time every 4 hours, and I'm gonna buy all the Soundwaves at all the TRUs locally too... I want to build a Soundwave room in my basement, framed in with Soundwaves ....

OK not really...
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #322
Croaker
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_virtue View Post
The links worked for me, but when I tried to check out, I got an error. I could only go as far as adding it to my cart.

I can't get it to add to cart! keeps coming up with the error!
Croaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #323
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

He shows as out of stock when you search 'soundwave' now, though the search still does produce the listing.

I've got mine from TFCON, and I preordered one, likely for my bro if he wants it when time comes, yesterday at about 5.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #324
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Just finished now pre-ordering another one with Paypal. I couldn't get it to load with IE so I used Chrome and it went through fine.

I already pre-ordered 2 with my CC the other day and was charged so I should be good (hopefully). This time I figured I would try for 1 more with Paypal and see what happened. As I said, with Chrome it went through no problem.

Also they money for the Paypal pre-order says $0.00 (pending), but Paypal has already withdrawn the amount from my current balance.

Last edited by canprime; 08-08-2013 at 11:44 AM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #325
OmegaDevastator
Masterpiece Collecticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Just finished now pre-ordering another one with Paypal. I couldn't get it to load with IE so I used Chrome and it went through fine.

I already pre-ordered 2 with my CC the other day and was charged so I should be good (hopefully). This time I figured I would try for 1 more with Paypal and see what happened. As I said, with Chrome it went through no problem.

Also they money for the Paypal pre-order says $0.00 (pending), but Paypal has already withdrawn the amount from my current balance.

I don't understand these posts from users who say their CCs have been charged. This is a pre-order, so you shouldn't see any charges until the item has shipped.
OmegaDevastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #326
face
Spawn of Unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaDevastator View Post
I don't understand these posts from users who say their CCs have been charged. This is a pre-order, so you shouldn't see any charges until the item has shipped.
I don't get it either, all I know is my visa balance is about $130 lower than it was before I ordered...
Old 08-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #327
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
He shows as out of stock when you search 'soundwave' now, though the search still does produce the listing.
In all honesty, that's really a good thing. Sucks for anyone that completely missed out, but we've been given two shots at this point (both with a pretty large window of opportunity) and with the sought after stuff in this hobby it's definitely "you snooze you lose".

Had TRU kept taking pre-orders til the end of time, then I would've been worried. Reminds me of the scene from Seinfeld:

See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation and that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody
can just take them.
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #328
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaDevastator View Post
Maybe it is a pre-authorization charge, similar to buying fuel at the pump, or a restaurant pre-authorizing a charge prior to the customer entering a tip amount.

Or, perhaps TRU is inappropriately calling it a "preOrder"... They could call it a purchase which is "backOrdered" in a sense.

Or, maybe they consider that they do have the stock for the items, and are comfortable with processing the charge as they will ship them out shortly. I'm hoping this is the case
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #329
Darth Grimlock
Robot Master

Still haven't been able to get through, I'll be stomping TRU in Windsor as I'm looking for 2, one for me and one for a co-worker
Darth Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #330
agent420
Generation 1
agent420's Ebay Auctions

Ok so I got the confirmation email ... but it hadn't shown up in my TRU.ca account yet. A friend of mine pre-ordered two an hour before me and both showed up in his TRU.ca account later that day.

So I called TRU.ca to learn that my pre-order is confirmed ... but is on "back-order".

The dude assured me that one was definitely reserved for me ... so we'll see.

On another note ... I also learned that my online order for MP Thundercracker back in November 2012 actually went through despite not getting any confirmation number / email. Worst part is ... Purolator delivered it to the wrong address and that person signed for it and kept it! I just found out about it today!
agent420 is offline   Reply With Quote