Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-31-2015, 10:11 PM   #101
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Re: Kellog's-Hasbro Coupon offer 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
Sure you were. ;o)
Oh I was, I was pretty accurate about it too :P
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:40 PM   #102
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
I'm surprised they didn't accept the price match for any Kellogg's cereal within size range. Obviously the ad has to show a picture of an item or items that are on sale...but in the case of cereal, they are not going to show all 8 brands, just like when Toys R Us advertises Generation Deluxes on sale, they are not going to show images of all 30 figures that are applicable. Whether No Frills specifically had ONLY Froot Loops and Corn Flakes on sale, or, many more brands, that fact is usually 'unknown' to the person with the flyer visiting a competitor for a price match, and the copy that says 'select' cereals, and size range is enough validity - and commonality - to mean it's applicable to more than what's in the picture.

Sorry, you had a tough time with the Walmart rep. I would try again, though.
I did point out the size of the cereal written on the ad to the manager and she said it is only froot loops and corn flakes like how it is shown in the picture. I didn't even bother to argue, she was literally yelling and I wasn't even being mean or anything, all I only did was asking if I am getting the discount on the rice crispy. Pretty obvious that manager doesn't know what is customer service. She didn't even let me talk, worst shopping experience i ever had from walmart. Walmart has been very terrible at customer service anyways from my experience, so I didn't bother. It isn't that much money I can save, so I won't try again as it was time consuming. I had to drive to get a flyer, and then I had to drive to walmart and wait for their slow cashier in the long lineup.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:50 PM   #103
protoform_ironhide
Commander

A little bit off topic, but if I am to buy toys from a store, and the price is comparable between Walmart and Toy's r Us. It will never be Walmart. Toys R Us has better service compare to Walmart. They are not getting my money unless they are cheaper than other competitor.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:51 PM   #104
elburrito
Animated

That stinks. I checked my Frosted flakes and no coupon. Is it advertised on the box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I did point out the size of the cereal written on the ad to the manager and she said it is only froot loops and corn flakes like how it is shown in the picture. I didn't even bother to argue, she was literally yelling and I wasn't even being mean or anything, all I only did was asking if I am getting the discount on the rice crispy. Pretty obvious that manager doesn't know what is customer service. She didn't even let me talk, worst shopping experience i ever had from walmart. Walmart has been very terrible at customer service anyways from my experience, so I didn't bother. It isn't that much money I can save, so I won't try again as it was time consuming. I had to drive to get a flyer, and then I had to drive to walmart and wait for their slow cashier in the long lineup.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:57 PM   #105
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
That stinks. I checked my Frosted flakes and no coupon. Is it advertised on the box?
The box has to have a green strip on the side saying there's a Hasbro coupon.

Printed inside the box is the code. It's not on the flaps.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:24 AM   #106
protoform_ironhide
Commander

If you have to pay the Walmart price at 4.47, you are roughly getting a 5 dollars discount from the 10 dollars off coupon when you make a purchase with 25 dollars or more. Does it worth all that hassle? It's up to you guys to think, unless if you guys really like Froot Loops... It may worth if I am getting Legend Transformers that is less than 15 dollars though, that's about it. Or maybe just wait for these cereal to show up at other places like Superstore, I am gladly taking my business elsewhere, they aren't the only place that sells cereal. It's funny how Walmart tries to ad match, price match, etc, but their representatives always tend to give me a hard time almost everytime when I deal with their customer service, like I am trying to ripe them off. Toy's R Us offers me store credit even when I lost my receipt, that's what I call customer service.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:57 AM   #107
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
I'm surprised they didn't accept the price match for any Kellogg's cereal within size range. Obviously the ad has to show a picture of an item or items that are on sale...but in the case of cereal, they are not going to show all 8 brands, just like when Toys R Us advertises Generation Deluxes on sale, they are not going to show images of all 30 figures that are applicable. Whether No Frills specifically had ONLY Froot Loops and Corn Flakes on sale, or, many more brands, that fact is usually 'unknown' to the person with the flyer visiting a competitor for a price match, and the copy that says 'select' cereals, and size range is enough validity - and commonality - to mean it's applicable to more than what's in the picture.

Sorry, you had a tough time with the Walmart rep. I would try again, though.
Oh, since now you talk about it, I remember one time I was there to price adjust a Generations Voyager which was long time ago because Toys R Us had it on sale after I got it from Walmart(same Walmart location), and the clerk at the customer service department did argue with me that time saying it isn't same as the one in the photo, I Just laughed and pointing the photo telling her "TRANSFORMERS VOYAGER" more than 2 times I recall, and then I pointed at the box of the voyager figure telling her "TRANSFORMERS VOYAGER" and again...more than 2 times like I am teaching an infant how to read. Maybe Walmart should forget about price matching, or ad match since their employees are so badly trained. If you show them an ad with soda pop on sale at other places with only coke cola photo on it, they probably won't let you get Sprite, Coke Zero, or Diet Coke, because IT ISN'T SAME AS THE PHOTO.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:34 AM   #108
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

It says on the boxes which ones have the coupons
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #109
Oberon Prime
Beasty

I grabbed a box of Rice Krispies on sale (wanted to make Rice Krispie Squares anyways) but when I went to kelloggs.ca/hasbro end clicked "Enter PIN Code" I got a page that said this below a broken image "Sorry this program is now closed.". Cannot imagine they already ran out of the 100,000 $10 coupons already. Anybody know what is going on?
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #110
python
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post
I grabbed a box of Rice Krispies on sale (wanted to make Rice Krispie Squares anyways) but when I went to kelloggs.ca/hasbro end clicked "Enter PIN Code" I got a page that said this below a broken image "Sorry this program is now closed.". Cannot imagine they already ran out of the 100,000 $10 coupons already. Anybody know what is going on?
You likely followed a link from last year. I did the same thing. Type out the URL exactly as you see it on the box and it should take you to this year's page.
python is offline   Reply With Quote