Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #71
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Automaton: ''Canada Posts on strike'' update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang3l3s View Post
As soon as the government locks you out from your ownjob because you are fighting for something makes me wonder how far our Canadian democracy differs from communist countries.
That is a total stretch there. In communist countries people make the same wage no matter what job you are in, go to Cuba and talk to the people there. I have and they told me that they spent years in training to be vets and doctors...but gave it up because" why work in a high stress job for the same wage as a job working at a resort doing tours or bar tending." they all have universal health care and education.

They are locked out for a a number of reasons....one being destruction or theft of mail.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #72
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
this. I worked at a job for an entire year for at least 2.50 below minimum wage and fucking liked it. (as much as one can when you're working at a gas station anyway.)

But regardless, I've said it on Twitter and I'll say it again; if these people don't want to work for an already insanely-high wage and work benefits...fire them all and hire people who will. It was done in Chicago during their garbage strike, and it worked.
I worked at a gas station for $7.50 and got held up at gunpoint by a punk with a sawed off shotgun and a punk with a hand gun.
FOR $7.50 AN HOUR!!!!!!! and I didn't complain about the pay or go on strike...I did leave after I was held up but I liked it up til then.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #73
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post

I am sick of people saying that $10.25 isn't a good pay, .
I'm sick of people telling other people what they should or should not be making.

So far in this thread you have insulted every person who works for a living and makes less than $10.25 an hour, be they government or private.

I don't have to apologize to you or anyone for finding a job that pays a decent wage, working for the government or not.

Neither do Canada Post employees.

This will sort itself out shortly and the mail will be flowing again. Just the petty hatred will remain.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #74
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

The Governemt should either force them back to work or do what Malwave said and fire the lot of them and hire a new deserving force. If pension is a problem then they should learn better money managment or start some RRSP to make up the differecnce.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #75
Proxima
Mini-Con

Bill was just passed minutes ago. 24hrs until it goes into effect.
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #76
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Responses from Matrix_Holder in green...just trying to avoid any misunderstandings.

I'm sick of people telling other people what they should or should not be making.
If we are paying them, and/or they strike and cause all this trouble I can comment all I want

So far in this thread you have insulted every person who works for a living and makes less than $10.25 an hour, be they government or private.
I have not, I defended them, I made less than that and I got by. Where did I insult them? Read my posts again.
I was commenting on workers that do not do their job, stand around and text all day...go into a walmart and see what I mean...it's what I see everytime I go to the Wlamarts near me...texting texting texting and standing around with no knowledge of his/her job or products on the shelves or back room. Government employees that abuse their office and the outrageous amount they are paid, like an employee I know that is paid $150 an hour to find ways to save the government money...but "works" 3 days out of 5 at home from her computer for full pay and complains about benifits. I was happy when they raised the minimum wage to $10.25/hour. I would have loved to have made that back then. I have no problem with anyone making an Honest days wage for an honest days work but more and more I am seeing less of an honest days work out of people.

I don't have to apologize to you or anyone for finding a job that pays a decent wage, working for the government or not.

Neither do Canada Post employees.
If they don't do a full days work and still get paid for it and still bitch about it and strike causing chaos and ruining lives they do.

This will sort itself out shortly and the mail will be flowing again. Just the petty hatred will remain.
Lets hope Harper gets them back to work this week without any incidents and every one here gets their packages INTACT!

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 06-25-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #77
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

You've defended them by saying they are lazy and overpaid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder
CP union = greed and laziness

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #78
Zodberg
Machine War
Send a message via AIM to Zodberg

10.25 an hour is an obnoxious ammout to pay slackers who will be fired in a week. While I respect any postal workers and figure some might deserve over 20 bucks an most reasonable hour, I think a lot of employees should have to work up from minimum wage over time like other industries.

Also I totally forgot about the strike when I tried to mail my Tfcon table registration yesterday. And Im really not into online banking so I dont know about the interac mailing thing.
Zodberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #79
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
You've defended them by saying they are lazy and overpaid?
They don't make less than $10.25 like you posted.

"So far in this thread you have insulted every person who works for a living and makes less than $10.25 an hour, be they government or private."

and yes, the union is greedy and overpaid. CP is going to crash and burn because there is too much money going out to pensions and wages/benefits and not enough coming in to cover it and the services and when the time comes for a little cutbacks they strike and cause disruption all over Canada and force hard working Canadians like some of the members there that need the mail to make a living into harder times, that IS greed. They want more money and less workload= what I said. there are members in the union that are not like that but as a whole, what I said. The CP union has a sense of entitlement.

For the record I make over $20 an hour, full time with great benefits for a private company. I know the duties of my job and do them to the best of my ability everyday. I come home tired, sore and sweaty knowing that I worked hard to earn that money. I'm not getting any free rides, why should I expect anything less from everyone else. I don't begrudge anyone else for making good money... but when I know that they are not doing their best work for it, their greedy actions cause harm to others or they have a sense of undeserved entitlement I get pissed.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 06-25-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #80
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

This thread is majorly off topic, but I find that this is something useful to keep in mind:

There are no easy answers to any problems anymore. Anyone who thinks otherwise is severely out of touch with reality. Politicians make "sound bite" promises about "lower taxes" or "better healthcare" and they provide you with simple logic which people buy because it's easy to understand and makes sense. But if you ask anyone who is an expert in the field, you'll realize that these quick fixes are not all they're cracked up to be. Strikes, lock-outs, it's all the same, and it's all the unions' fault of course (or none of it is the union's fault, there's very little middle ground). People latch onto visible numbers and facts, and debate like they know how to solve all the world's problems if they were in charge.

Newsflash: There are no easy answers. If there were, all our problems would have been solved by now. The problems we have as a society, be they labour or otherwise, are complex multi-faceted social problems, incapable of simple "solutions".

So be wary about anyone who promises a quick fix, or thinks they know "how to fix the system" because I guarantee you that for any "simple" solution, you can find at least 10 problems with it if you're willing to look at it critically.

Let's take one of the proposed provincial election platform planks: Making prisoners work in a chain gang type environment. Lots of people think this is a great idea because "prisoners have it too easy". I don't think it's a good idea, and here's why: First, you'll need more supervision outside of the prison environment. Second you'll need to get appropriate projects lined up (something chained together prisoners with disparate skills can do while chained" together. Third you'll need to have someone scheduling and coordinating these jobs, and transportation back and forth. You'll need to arrange to feed the prisoners during their workday. You'll need to make sure they have any tools they need, and that those tools and equipment are kept in good working order. You'll have to consult the labour code to determine what rights they have - do you have to pay them? What if they get injured? Does the province need to insure them?

At the end of all that, you have what, the ability to get 20 prisoners to do lawn work, or paint city buildings? Is the cost worth it compared to hiring students? How many bureaucrats and managers did you have to hire? Probably developed a whole special computer program to keep track of the work programs. What's the total cost, does it make economic sense?

And what are you doing to the prisoners? Is it a deterrent to them to know that they're going to have to work outside instead of being in prison? Possibly. But I also think that you're depriving them of a chance to develop marketable skills - skills that they can apply in real life legitimate jobs, something that at least gives them a chance at a normal life post-prison. I, personally, would rather be paying for a drugdealer to learn to be a mechanic than for him to be shovelling snow and painting over graffiti because when he gets back on the street I'd like him to feel like he has a shot at a legitimate career.

This will be my one and only post on the topic, anyone wishing to explore what I've said in greater detail can pm me and we can take this to e-mail.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote