Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #141
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: MP-36 Shipping

Guys, I know I'm gonna sound like a cheap ass...I always order through AE. I've never had the option of economical shipping for my stuff from them, but this time I do. It's about 24 bucks difference. I'm in no rush to get my shipment (back to Inferno, lol), but what I'm more concerned about is losing the package altogether. But since Canada Post doesn't even track internationaly incoming packages anymore, it's not like I have much of a warm fuzzy there either.

In short, those who use the economical shipping, have they ever had an order just plain not show up? And how long are we talking about, 3 months vs the less than 2 weeks with EMS?

Some advice? I have 5 MPs in this order...what would you do?
Old 05-03-2017, 07:42 PM   #142
predahank
Storing is hoarding

AE cheaper shipping is sal which can be as quick as a week or up to 4 weeks. It's still tracked through japan post and once it hits our dirt, you can track via canada post.

NY offers super economy which is by boat and can take up to 3 months lol
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #143
mr_lude2000
Generation 1

Hey CanBot, my last shipment from NY was for inferno. Shipped on release week (Nov something). Took 60 days to get here to Calgary. I shipped econo air with NO TRACKING or insurance.

I was feeling a bit worried in that I was not convinced NY shipped my item. I filed PayPal dispute on Day 55. They were able to provide a tracking number even though I never paid for that service. Point is get in contact with AE and ask them to contact their post office regarding your shipment. There is likely a tracking number, it's just not provided to you (customer) but for internal purposes they assign a number for each package.
mr_lude2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #144
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Guys, I know I'm gonna sound like a cheap ass...I always order through AE. I've never had the option of economical shipping for my stuff from them, but this time I do. It's about 24 bucks difference. I'm in no rush to get my shipment (back to Inferno, lol), but what I'm more concerned about is losing the package altogether. But since Canada Post doesn't even track internationaly incoming packages anymore, it's not like I have much of a warm fuzzy there either.

In short, those who use the economical shipping, have they ever had an order just plain not show up? And how long are we talking about, 3 months vs the less than 2 weeks with EMS?

I usually chose the lower option to ship toys from Japan too, the toy is expensive already, I wish to save a few bucks on the shipping, so I don't think this is really "cheap ass".

I never had any problem with AE, NY or Amiami, even I bought a lot from these sites. Usually it's about 1 month.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #145
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post

I order my MPs through AE and so far, everything always showed up. The last shipment was during the holidays and it took forever. At least 4 weeks. But I attributed it to the holiday rush which I was told hits the overseas shipments pretty hard.

However, this time for MP36, it's also taking a pretty long time. I'll be starting my fourth week of wait in just a few days.

As others have said, I'm actually not in hurry to get the figure at all. It could come next year and I wouldn't care. What bothers me is the uncertainty. I would just like to be sure that it will show up at some point.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #146
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Finally, MEG-A-TRON. Has come back. To. TOR-ONNNN-TOOOOO!!!!

So for this order NY shipped on Apr 4 and I got it May 5. A little slower than normal but it's here. Not too bad.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #147
TheSilentPerogy
Generation 1

Also went the cheap shipping route from AE, also still waiting (shipped out April 3rd). Last cheap ship from AE (Grapple) only took 2.5 weeks, but I've had SAL shipments from NY take up to 7 weeks, so not too worried yet.

The Vancouver-area customs office seems to always be the sticking point - you either get your package flying through or it gets stuck in purgatory for 5-6 weeks. Only seems to be us westerners that feel the brunt, luckily for everyone else.
TheSilentPerogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #148
CanBot
Cybertron

I went with the slower shipping rate from AE, thanks guys.

Then I face-palmed when I realized I didn't pre-order the updated MP11, with the waist fix that they used on TC and SW...gah.

It's been so long since I've ordered one solitary MP at a time, I can barely remember what it cost to ship one vs five. I think it averaged about to 20 bux each this time, but it's hard to compare because the Decepticon boxes are much bigger than your typical Autobots.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #149
icantbelieveit
Generation 1

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Official-Taka...QAAOSwR29ZD05Y
For those who are looking for a brand new MP-36, this is a good deal if you don't mind a damaged box.
icantbelieveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #150
BoNKerS
Animated

Woot woot!! Megs arrived with no duties! Price I paid along with the wait I'm doing just fine. WHOoOOoO!!!

It's glorious!

Last edited by BoNKerS; 05-08-2017 at 03:05 PM.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote