Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-13-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
Devotron
Machine War
Collecting TF's (need some opinions)

Hey guys,

I just started collecting TF's back in January starting with the FOC line. Sold them off to pay for a MP Soundwave, since then I have been super hooked to the MP line and picked up Quakewave and Mp 10b, Now I am stuck from here, i don't know what to buy, I want to get the seekers but I really won't be able to stand not having a MP-11 mold Skywarp (love OCD) I was thinking about buying a MMC Hexatron but can't find one for a decent price and still deciding whether it belongs with a MP line or a CHugs line. Can you guys give me some ideas? Also I am sticking to Decepticons only because collecting all those autobot cars will lead to me living in a box haha
Devotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:15 AM   #2
Rev
Addict
Re: Collecting TF's (need some opinions)

Hexagon is fantastic and looks grant displayed with MP figures, but I'd save my money for official figures if you are just getting started. Nice choice grabbing Quakewave. I would grAb the rest of the cons, and make an exception and grab MP Grimlock at TRU since it is out now and very affordable. Skywarp will get an MP 11 treatment at some point, I hope.

Last edited by Rev; 06-13-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 AM   #3
Abraxys
With full honors.

I suggest getting all the Mp's you want, but to take your time. Try hitting up some conventions, much better pricing than ebay, most of the time. The seekers are real nice, but i wouldnt pay too much for them. Again, just shop around, you can find Mp's for reasonable prices if you keep an eye out. Just dont go head first and buy it at crazy pricing. (although we all do that once in a while) Skywarp will eventual get an updated figure, its an easy cash grab.

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 AM   #4
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

If you only collect Decepticons, I think you should wait till 2015. It was already hinted by a Takara designer that there will be a focus on MP Decepticons now. If you feel impulsive, get some seekers or Soundblaster. The seekers are getting rediculous in price though.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:26 AM   #5
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
If you only collect Decepticons, I think you should wait till 2015. It was already hinted by a Takara designer that there will be a focus on MP Decepticons now. If you feel impulsive, get some seekers or Soundblaster. The seekers are getting rediculous in price though.
Good point about 2015 being the year of the Decepticon.

My best advice is to get figures as they come out. Much cheaper than getting them retroactively. Import the Takara versions from Asian sites and don't wait for Hasbro. Beware of KOs.

Last edited by Rev; 06-13-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:04 AM   #6
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Of course I have to bring up the heart-breaking news for you: You need to have a FT04, FT05, FT06... etc to complete the list.

BTW, there is a Kijiji list, $100 for MP11 Thundercracker.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/lo...ationFlag=true

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 06-13-2014 at 03:13 AM.
xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:48 AM   #7
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

Here's a tip: Don't let yourself feel obligated to buy anything, for instance completing a set of seekers, if you don't actually want to OWN a full set of seekers. Masterpieces are big, they're expensive, and there's a lot of mold reuse. I think you'll be happier down the line if you only go for things you think you'll love

Also, yeah, maybe get a Grimlock too, since he's somewhat available right now and he's pretty rad.

-BT
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:17 AM   #8
DuG
Titanium

I only collect MP Decepticons as well and have also bought a Quakewave to add to the ranks, he's a great addition to them. All the other posters have already provided great advise bit I'm surprised nobody has mentioned MP Megs yet. I was able to find one locally on Kijiji a while back but find that he towers over all the other MPs. I'm hoping that they will make an updated version for him in the coming years.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:28 AM   #9
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

well takara designers have hinted that they are focusing on decepticons in the next few mp and they said that MP 23 was going to be a leader decepticon
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:35 AM   #10
justprime
Animated

if you wanted a complete set of the three g1 seekers the earlier MP line... takara made all three, hasbro did screamer in pale green and G1 colors and also skywarp.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote