Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
alternatorfan
g1 baby
ALTERNATORS UNITE

Just curious as to How many canadians have spent the hours and numerous hunting hours to buy, hunt down all 27 alternators and actually have them all. is it just me or were they hard to come by I have all of them some I have not even transformed i.e RAVAGE JSR, Mirage, rodimus. I took them all out of the box and as I said i did not transform them all. all other countries are welcomed to post their thoughts on the subject as I have been pondering selling them. is it worth breaking them up to make a couple of bucks for the rare ones or should I just keep them together as I did my time to aquire them all. thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by alternatorfan; 05-03-2011 at 02:57 AM. Reason: ALTERNATORS THOUGHTS
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor
Re: ALTERNATORS UNITE

I just need 3 then my collection of Alts is complete. Still looking for Nemesis Prime, Ravage (jag version), and Rumble. My only problem is that I have to have the boxes with them, I do open them all transform and display them on my enertaiment unit. As for finding them at retail many did not make it up here I think they stopped at like Windchager and came back around Sunstreaker when they changed the box to the sealed bubble. I don't think they are that hard to find right now nor are they going for insane prices, all the ones I've bought have been about $30 to $50.

Last edited by Code of Honor; 05-03-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #3
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
I just need 3 then my collection of Alts is complete. Still looking for Nemesis Prime, Ravage (jag version), and Rumble. My only problem is that I have to have the boxes with them, I do open them all transform and display them on my enertaiment unit. As for finding them at retail many did not make it up here I think they stopped at like Windchager and came back around Sunstreaker when they changed the box to the sealed bubble. I don't think they are that hard to find right now nor are they going for insane prices, all the ones I've bought have been about $30 to $50.
true enough. but when wal mart had them for ten bucks I was the one buying them and yeah as you said they are not going for that much and I paid insane prices for wheeljack and all the other bots like decepticharge, swerve etc. etc. at the time when they ever so popular.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:11 AM   #4
alternatorfan
g1 baby

also forgot to mention my plastic alternators sit in a box that have never seen a display case. poor guys. so hence maybe they should be going to someone who will display them as they should be. as how I imagine they should be displayed. not too many people can say they have them all or am I wrong?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 AM   #5
evil_ivotron
decepticon ruler

Alternators I though were cool when they came out. Now, they just look like a bunch of bricks. ah, what can you do.......

thanks Crobot for the awesome sig...
"every heroic Autobot deserves a concrete tomb"
evil_ivotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
bubbacon
Generation Everything

Just like almost every line of Transformers, the waves were so inconsistant in their availability that some were very hard to collect.
Like many, I need Rumble and Ravage (jaguar version) but not willing (yet) to pay the insane ebay prices.
bubbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

I collected all of the Alternators except for Swerve. It's the line that got me back into TFs (with 20th OP) from the G1 days. They are still all on display as the ultimate update on those characters. They don't transform much though, Grimlock/Wheeljack, I'm looking at you!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

i keep seeing nemesis primes and swindles, my only missing ones, but i couldn't buy them even if i force myself. this is also the line that started my addiction along with classics.

mine's in an aquarium which forces me not to play with any of them. i have doubles though in my sale thread.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #9
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

I aimed to collect one of each car mold... I have done so, and now I'm done collecting Alternators. I remember that day Walmart had them on sale for $10, me and 2 of my buddies piled into my car and drove 15 mins to the nearest Walmart during our lunch break and bought a shopping cart full of Alternators.
Eventually my puppy ate them the 1st time we left him home alone outside of his kennel... Walked in the front door and just saw pieces of Alternators everywhere. The only one I could save was Hound, he just had Hound in between his paws and was about to chomp him up when I burst in and kicked him off... Sad Sad day (my wife thought it was aweful and hilarious.... I should have smacked her in her smart ass mouth).

Since then I've replaced the ones he ate, and got the other molds, all were purchased at very decent prices. A local collector was selling off his entire collection of 500+ TFs and I bought 8 Alternators off him at $10 a piece and then found deals on here for the rest.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #10
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

I did end up getting all of them. They were the TFs that restarted my collection as an adult.

I paid $10 each for the first two waves at the Wal-Mart sales back in fall of 2005. I paid no more than $30-35 each for ANY of the remaining ones. I really lucked out on a lot on eBay of Shockwave, Wheeljack, Swerve and Decepticharge for about $100US.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote