Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #2161
Fireflight
Machine War
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Mine did the exact same thing after Rockyview. It’s easy to blame the employees but I think it’s more likely that there is something screwy with the system and a release date than employees from both Amazon and their contract delivery companies conspiring to steal all the Ratchets all the time.

I’ve seen a couple of comments about a street date in the system which may be blocking delivery. Amazon is a systems based operation and if the system won’t allow the item to be scanned to the courier then it most likely won’t allow it to be delivered. More likely is that these are all being held until the system says its okay to deliver.. Couple of people in the Calgary Facebook group reported getting calls from drivers or Amazon qc making sure that they actually wanted the delivery now because of a street date. To me that is actually good customer service as they are trying to get their orders to the customer instead of saying “meh guess they don’t want it.”

This is the first issue I have had When ordering from Amazon and since the pandemic started I have been ordering constantly from them. It simply comes down to the fact that the Amazon system drives the employee behavior and not the other way around.
Fireflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:50 PM   #2162
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Huh.

Maybe the problem here is the shipping things without putting them in actual Amazon boxes. Maybe that's how they keep losing these things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Something just occurred to me and if it's been said before then forgive me, I'm a little slow on the uptake this year. Anyway, with Amazon lately just slapping stickers on packaging it is possible the ones that are going missing are the ones not in bubble mailers or boxes. If employees and/or drivers are able to see what the item is and do an eBay check then package mysteriously gets "damaged" or "lost?"
Just talked with a friend who recieved his, who also lives in Calgary. Shipped from the same facility on the same day. It was shipped without external packaging. A sticker slapped onto the box.

Like Fireflight said a few posts ago.. My friend got the call from the QA guy asking if they actually wanted to receive their parcel. I was not as lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
Curious how long it took to get from WA to show up in Vancouver?
It took exactly 5hrs & 51min to get from Kent WA to Vancouver BC.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:51 PM   #2163
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflight View Post
Mine did the exact same thing after Rockyview. It’s easy to blame the employees but I think it’s more likely that there is something screwy with the system and a release date than employees from both Amazon and their contract delivery companies conspiring to steal all the Ratchets all the time.

I’ve seen a couple of comments about a street date in the system which may be blocking delivery. Amazon is a systems based operation and if the system won’t allow the item to be scanned to the courier then it most likely won’t allow it to be delivered. More likely is that these are all being held until the system says its okay to deliver.. Couple of people in the Calgary Facebook group reported getting calls from drivers or Amazon qc making sure that they actually wanted the delivery now because of a street date. To me that is actually good customer service as they are trying to get their orders to the customer instead of saying “meh guess they don’t want it.”

This is the first issue I have had When ordering from Amazon and since the pandemic started I have been ordering constantly from them. It simply comes down to the fact that the Amazon system drives the employee behavior and not the other way around.
If they have a street date, why are they being shipped in the first place??? This sounds like a complete Mess.

It also doesn't explain Matrix-Holders problem.

Unless the person he's talking to on the phone is just feeding him false info because they have no idea what they're doing.

Also, I don't recall any online e-tailers having Street Dates before.

Ugh, this just sounds like a complete mess. And Amazon is still at fault for relying on a system that can so easily have flaws like this.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:54 PM   #2164
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I honestly believe that Halton Hills is having parcels stolen left and right. I'm not sure I believe that is the case with other facilities. Regardless, something very fucky is going on and it's pissing me off, because I want my Ratchet!
Old 11-08-2020, 03:14 PM   #2165
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Amazon gave me a $20 credit and is sending me the set again from the next shipment. If I don't receive Ratchet & Lifeline on the 14th, then it's back to square one. I also said I will refuse the item if it is shipped without external packaging.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #2166
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

There is a bunch of things that can happen outside theft btw. I worked for a company that would send crap tons of stuff through UPS but certain boxes would always come back damaged (or delivered damaged) and when we asked them they said conveyors in their warehouse had issues with certain size boxes and they would fall off the line 5-10 feet and become damaged. Not every delivery hub is built the same so these quarks are all over the place.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #2167
patteng
Generation 2

Sunstreaker is available again:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B083VLPNNV/..._HLeQFbN7G5DFF
patteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #2168
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

It's definitely theft, there is no way all of us are having issues with the exact same figures at the same facility at the same time. The amazon rep on the phone even said that out loud as a concern of his that this is toon many packages to be a coincidence. It's definitely theft.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:12 PM   #2169
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
It's definitely theft, there is no way all of us are having issues with the exact same figures at the same facility at the same time. The amazon rep on the phone even said that out loud as a concern of his that this is toon many packages to be a coincidence. It's definitely theft.
I have no doubts that the Halton Hills cases are all theft. I've had 2 parcels from there disappear. My Ratchet and Lifeline set made it all the way to Calgary from Washington state, and got lost in between the warehouse and the shipping center.. Which are ridiculously close to each other, and stupidly close to my house. Apparently these sets were shipped without a box, with the labels slapped on (which is a problem for collectors!).

This whole situation is fucked, and I hope it gets resolved soon. Best of luck!
Old 11-08-2020, 06:30 PM   #2170
patteng
Generation 2

I just called amazon about my ratchet set (re-ordered since
my first order was “damaged”). I asked them if they could
place a note to put it in a shipping box, but apparently they can’t once an order is placed. They told me I have to cancel
y order, and re-order it again specify that i want it in a box in my delivery options. I did that and marked it as a gift. Not gonna get my hopes up that it will be in a sep box.
patteng is offline   Reply With Quote