Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #1
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
$1400 for Dinobots...

With FT's Grimmy revealed and looking good, I find myself in a dilemma.

I held off on MP dinos until I saw a full set. So I have none.

It will be at least $1400 cdn to get the 5 dinos.

I want them, but I'm dying thinking of that amount of moolah.

I know there would be some spread in paying: 3 dinos now, 2 later... But chances are its still $1400 in 2016.

What are people's thoughts? Are the 5 FT dinos worth $1400? I know the value is there in the figures, but is having MP style dinos worth a down payment on a car?

My TF budget this year if nothing goes wrong is $2000 cdn, so they would use most of it. I also collect CHUG style figs.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:16 PM   #2
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: $1400 for Dinobots...

$1400 would be $280 each on average. Thats too much IMO. I have paid between $190 and $220 for the first three. With the current exchange rate Sludge and Grimlock will likely be $230-240.

If you're hoping for a reissue. Forget about that anytime soon cause they already showed some new teaser images silhouette images of things to come. Plus the various repaints I'm sure.

If you like them, get them now.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Do u have lots of shelf space? Do u need that 1400 on something else more important? Those re the questions I would ask myself before I spend that amount of money. If u really want G1 Dinobots this year, may as well go for it. I don't collect 3rd party figures plus I am lacking shelf space, so I never pick up any of the FT Dinobots. I personally have not much interest on 3rd party stuff.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #4
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

if you haven't bought any, lucky you. Just wait for the black Friday, cyber Monday or boxing day, you can find very good deals on these dinobots. And also check for loose old ones, some price were close to $100 USD. So it won't cause $1400 for total.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #5
elburrito
Animated

Figure out if you can live without it. Maybe think of all of the figures that you want to buy and determine which are the biggest priorities.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:27 PM   #6
Pascal
Banned

When 3rd parties starting multiplying Dinobots offerings (FT, FP, TW, PX, GC, etc.), I settled for FT. If you only want one set of Dinobots, I think it's the one to have.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:33 PM   #7
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

It's too much money unless you plan on buying nothing else again ever. Seriously, this hobby is getting WAY too expensive. It's meant to bring pleasure. For me, it's a callback to when I was a kid and couldn't buy all the fun stuff I saw on the shelves. Well, as the storage bins pile up and the stuff just sits there, I wonder if the fun to cash ratio is worth it.

I love these figures, especially the Masterpieces, but things are getting a bit out of control when it comes to cost.
The7thParallel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #8
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

I picked up my 3 before the exchange rate went to hell. What's making these things out of control is the poor exchange rate that we're getting.

In my opinion, I felt it was always worth it for the price I paid, but with the exchange rate, it's getting harder and harder for me to justify it. The only thing that helps me sleep at night is thinking how much I'll pay from a scalper if I miss the run.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #9
Megatron75
Alternator

I don't collect 3rd party but I've shelled out my share of cash on other stuff over the years so I feel your pain. Having said that, $1,400 sounds like too much to me. I would see if you can buy all of them at once for a deal. I'm sure there are opportunities to get them all without losing your shirt in the process.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #10
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

PM'd (I have the first 3 for sale )
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote