Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-05-2016, 02:50 AM   #21
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: $1400 for Dinobots...

A3U sale was for the FansToys versions both in store and online. I was wishing Stomp would have come out before boxing day! Haha
Old 01-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #22
Rev
Addict

Consider giga dinos. They only have one now and will be real easing them slowly. Just a thought.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #23
Pascal
Banned

That said, we know FT is going to finish the series. Giga, we have no idea.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:38 AM   #24
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Don't feel so bad, I had to have 2 of each so far for display in each mode, and I'm not gonna stop now ! If only the exchange rate would go back to par
I say get them now before they're gone, unless you don't mind getting the toy or the most expensive X versions.
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:44 PM   #25
zfarsh
Armada

YES, DOOOOeeeet!!!

Ok, well, it depends on what is most important to you for your collection. It is definitely not for everyone, and is very expensive indeed, especially now.

For me, it's Dinobots, Omega Supreme, and the Femmebots. Insecticons too.

Now, I don't have room / money for an eventual Omega Supreme in MP scale (or anything that huge), but I do have room for them FT Dinobots X version. Again, it depends on what you care for your collection. I sold off most of my MPs, in favor for room / money for the FT Dinobots and FT Bugs, because those are my favorite 2 teams, and that is what I want to have in MP type. Once FT Grinder X is received, my MP collection will end (unless they make many MP Femmebots...).

Some may want to just collect MP Cars and Optimus, some just autobots, some just decepticons, and other everything, But me, it's them dinododos and bugs. And yeah, it's pretty damn expensive already with just that!!! So think about your space, and your ultimate goal for it and what would make it the best for you. More is not always better, sometimes limits and goals help a lot.

Last edited by zfarsh; 01-07-2016 at 01:51 PM.
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #26
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty

I was just thinking about this dilemma as it applies to any and all purchases made in USD.

I feel like I'm slamming on the brakes on all purchases just because of the exchange rate.
but damn... I still have to get Stomp and Grinder.

Anyone else rethinking their budgets?
Jeepmanhastj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:16 PM   #27
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
That sale was on the FansProject dinobots, not FansToys.

But yeah, the team at FT really know how to handle the MP aesthetic very well. $1400 is slightly high but not by too much. I've been buying each dinobot release either by pre-order or right on release. Looking through my past invoices, each of the first 3 of Scoria, Soar, and Sever worked to about $200 each (shipping included). Right now, you could still find them at various e-tailers and still only pay about $35 more for each under the current shitty conversion ratio..... so let's say $700 to $750 for the first 3 including shipping at today's rates, plus another $260/270 for Stomp and Grinder each. That just works out to be around $1300 for the set, so the OP's guess isn't too far fetched.

Expensive, yes, but worth it at this scale. Just the same, many of our wallets would be a whole lot happier if the 3rd party market would just slow down with MP-scale craze that seems to be trending. Everyone's either doing MP, legends, or SD figures now, it seems like. Personally, I've still got love for CHUG-sized deluxes and voyagers and would gladly see the market show more love for that scale again.
^well said....I agree on the need for more chug sized third party...my shelves are almost out of room,heck,my room is out of room...
Old 01-10-2016, 10:26 PM   #28
Pgianos
Banned

I say buy it since it's not my money and I want you to be happy.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:17 PM   #29
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
^..heck,my room is out of room...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmanhastj View Post
I was just thinking about this dilemma as it applies to any and all purchases made in USD.

I feel like I'm slamming on the brakes on all purchases just because of the exchange rate.
but damn... I still have to get Stomp and Grinder.

Anyone else rethinking their budgets?
Yes to a point of wondering if I will get them cheaper if I wait ( TF's and Sideshow)

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:46 PM   #30
bcon
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post

Yes to a point of wondering if I will get them cheaper if I wait ( TF's and Sideshow)
They are saying Can $ is going to go down to 59 cents US. I'd jump on any US $ purchases soon.
bcon is offline   Reply With Quote