Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-07-2021, 03:37 AM   #201
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

So.. Why exactly is this the only guy on the fucking planet that can't get his preorders in? Is his supplier some shady guy in the alley behind the store with preorder slips under his trench coat? "Hey buddy, you wanna buy some of them Gen Selects? I got your hookup right here. I promise I'll get them on time. 110% downpayment."

Nah, this fool is just flat out stealing your money.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:31 AM   #202
khazano
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
So.. Why exactly is this the only guy on the fucking planet that can't get his preorders in? Is his supplier some shady guy in the alley behind the store with preorder slips under his trench coat? "Hey buddy, you wanna buy some of them Gen Selects? I got your hookup right here. I promise I'll get them on time. 110% downpayment."

Nah, this fool is just flat out stealing your money.
Man, Ive been waiting six months on a 130 dollar preorder that's been out at other retailers for the last four. He response was that it was on his way from his distributors and that was three months ago. I guess Im SOL?
Old 03-07-2021, 07:50 AM   #203
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

If you have issues, here are some places you can go to to either warn people off and/ or register your complaints.

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/toronto/pr...506/complaints

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/northmen-collectibles-toronto-2
Old 03-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #204
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
There is a perfectly reasonable fix for this. Go down to his shop
I remember the last time I went down to TO for a con in 2019 (HorrorRama maybe), I was thinking about stopping by NMC because I had once entertained attempting to get POTP RedSwoop & Stepper from these guys
But it was way past the posted expected ETA on the listings, so I was a bit wary, figured I had less to lose by visiting

Just went back & re-read the emails so I don't mis-represent the scenario; the listing for Stepper said something like "only 4 in available" but the listing also said "arrival in Feb 2019" - so I basically just asked "hey does this mean you guys have some, maybe I can stop by when I'm in town"

He confirmed they didn't have any yet, and that basically I can't trust pre-order dates - but I will say, in August 2019 the email wasn't nasty or anything
Worst he said was "I cannot ship what I am not shipped", which is MAYBE close to sounding chuffed but I get it

Anyways I think I was heading towards it being impossible to visit his shop, but re-reading the emails it was more that I was planning to, but for a specific goal and decided not to because response suggested it may be fruitless afa my goal was concerned

I remember driving by the address and not being able to locate it (couldn't stop in traffic though, just hoping to drive-by and note it), they didn't have a big sign or anything
Maybe that's what I'm remembering
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:17 PM   #205
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
There is a perfectly reasonable fix for this. Go down to his shop and pick out a figure of equal value and bring it up to him. Place it on the floor and stomps the fuck out of it in front of him and tip your hat to him and walk out. Simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Lol, I'd try that, buy I'm nowhere near Ontario
Haha...this guy has definitely pissed off enough folks locally in the Greater Toronto Area that he owes money to without providing product to justify it.

Some people might do it at the next convention he has a table at.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:54 PM   #206
RodimusRocks
Machine War

Called my CC company and they are opening a case to look into this. Fingers crossed.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #207
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
Called my CC company and they are opening a case to look into this. Fingers crossed.
As I used via debit I did the same and I did end up them getting the bullshit "restocking fee" (on product he never got in that was six months overdue) reversed. Gl.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:33 PM   #208
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

He's a crook, I think that is pretty obvious from his comments and actions towards his customers.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #209
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I remember driving by the address and not being able to locate it (couldn't stop in traffic though, just hoping to drive-by and note it), they didn't have a big sign or anything
Maybe that's what I'm remembering

I also mentioned here http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...&postcount=102

let me posted again:

My company is not far away from that address, also on Queen street, so I once walked there during lunch time...hoping to see the store directly. That was almost 1 year ago, and judging from outside, I couldn't see NMC was still in business: no name, no brand, just a close door in a poor neighborhood. (there were some homeless shelter nearby)

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:16 PM   #210
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

That totally caught me off guard. Thanks for the laugh.

Just a thought, I wonder if a bunch of people could get together, consolidate their issues, and sue the guy in small claims court for the amount owing on all their orders. Waiting 2 years on an order isn't a reasonalble time frame, at least in my eyes.

If enough people are affected, a lawyer would take a case as perhaps a class action, or if its multiple cases the police will turn it over to an investigator as its no longer a commercial law issue, its a theft or fraud issue. You might not get your money, or you might, but if you register the complaint you would get refunded first. As well, registered complaints with bankruptcies go higher on the list, but the company needs to be under bankruptcy protection under the law to take your money in that manner.

As well, a collections company would take it, as will small claims...but CC and Paypal would consider it fraud if no item was delivered and if you call and ask for management, they will likely consider it fraud and give you money past 6 months. They measure it by when the items are suppose to be sent and arrive, not by when you paid. Even if a year or two later, I would call them as its not a normal transaction when you pay and nothing ever, ever comes...Credit Card companies are black and white in those situations.

If items are not sent at all and money is taken, its not a misunderstanding, its not legal to do that. Calling police in the area the store is located might also be a good idea, especially if they are in the same prov.

How many of you never got your items well past 6 months, and consider your money lost?
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote