Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #391
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

I tend to think the next MP in line might be dinobots.
The reason is based on the recent Takara strike back actions against ToyWorld BII and KFC Stack.
And since dinobots from 3rd parties are really heat now, I won't be surprised that Hasbro/Takara is eager to lease the official version to put down the 3rd party MP fires.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #392
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
As far as what's next for MPs. I think we will see some Coneheads coming soon. Easy way to milk a new mould.
Definitely going to see coneheads, blaster, sunstreak and cliffjumper. Easiest molds to make out of the exhisting new molds. As for new molds, JAZZ BABY!

Not to be negative, BUT takara will not do dinobots. They will loose out on making money on exhisting molds AND they cannot re-mold the toys into multiple versions. From a buisiness standpoint it wouldnt make sense. 3rd parties arent as tied by share holders as takara. Besides, the stuff Fans Toys is popping out looks just fine to me

Last edited by Abraxys; 04-23-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #393
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

^^ actually you're wrong. The lead designer guy said they have no problems doing "one off" molds. He said they dont care if a mold can only be used for one character and they probably know they would make HUGE money making the dinobots so I would bet they will happen for sure at some point.

Takara isnt making things like bee and UM to counter the 3rd party guys because it prob takes years to design then make them though if they are in the process of making them im sure they will announce them right right away to make sure people know.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:31 PM   #394
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
^^ actually you're wrong. The lead designer guy said they have no problems doing "one off" molds. He said they dont care if a mold can only be used for one character and they probably know they would make HUGE money making the dinobots so I would bet they will happen for sure at some point.

Takara isnt making things like bee and UM to counter the 3rd party guys because it prob takes years to design then make them though if they are in the process of making them im sure they will announce them right right away to make sure people know.
Still waiting for that MP Galvatron...His silhoutte was hinted in an insert in MP Takara Starscream's paperwork I believe...or one of the earlier MP's anyways...
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:02 AM   #395
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxys View Post
Definitely going to see coneheads, blaster, sunstreak and cliffjumper. Easiest molds to make out of the exhisting new molds. As for new molds, JAZZ BABY!

Not to be negative, BUT takara will not do dinobots. They will loose out on making money on exhisting molds AND they cannot re-mold the toys into multiple versions. From a buisiness standpoint it wouldnt make sense. 3rd parties arent as tied by share holders as takara. Besides, the stuff Fans Toys is popping out looks just fine to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post

Well the way Hasui's interview went was more like, because Takara is producing more units, they can justify doing more single use moulds and based on Wheeljack's success, there may be more chance for these types of single use characters to be released. He seemed pretty optimistic and thanked the fans for supporting the Masterpiece line.

Pretty much he said buy Wheeljack and we could see more soon. I wish Hasui's was still working on the Masterpiece line (sigh...).

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 04-24-2014 at 12:05 AM.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #396
MULTIPLEX

He's definitely Ultra and he's definitely Magnus...this guys legs are like sky scrapers!

Old 04-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #397
MULTIPLEX

For whoever that missed out

Old 04-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #398
MULTIPLEX

MP-22 is looking very impressive

Old 04-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #399
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

Here is one that someone provided in expected colours of MP22. So excited to be able to get such a great figure for a great price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-25 20.09.49.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	23277  
Old 04-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #400
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingd0ng View Post
Here is one that someone provided in expected colours of MP22. So excited to be able to get such a great figure for a great price.
Amazing.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote