Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #21
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Walmart US Exclusives. Are they exclusives in Canada too?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07ZPL...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ironhide and prowl.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B087J4...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 coneheads.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:01 PM   #22
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Thats why I wrote that anyone who cant get them can get them from amazon japan instead.
I have no idea what this means. Order from Amazin Japan? Not sure how that'd work and can't imagine the shipping cost lol. Not something I know anything about, nor can I read Japanese, so what do I know lol?
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:27 PM   #23
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
I have no idea what this means. Order from Amazin Japan? Not sure how that'd work and can't imagine the shipping cost lol. Not something I know anything about, nor can I read Japanese, so what do I know lol?
No, most of the website is in English. If you use the Amazon app, you can change your region to Japan and this allows you to buy figures from Japan.

You're right though, the mainline figures are actually more expensive to buy from Amazon Japan due to the shipping costs and import fees. Usually, you use AJ for Masterpiece figures since they usually sell those below cost.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:00 AM   #24
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
No, most of the website is in English. If you use the Amazon app, you can change your region to Japan and this allows you to buy figures from Japan.

You're right though, the mainline figures are actually more expensive to buy from Amazon Japan due to the shipping costs and import fees. Usually, you use AJ for Masterpiece figures since they usually sell those below cost.
Went and looked at Amazon Japan and couldn't read a thing lol. There must be a language change button thing but I'm not that skilled to find it (technology is NOT my forte) and no, I don't gave an amazon app. I might have ordered from Amazon maybe 5 tines in my life so I'm admittefly not at all familiar with it lol. Curious though, if you changed region to Japan wouldn't you need an address in Japan? I have never bought shit from Japan so I really wouldn't know. I guess I don't know because I have never understood the appeal of MP in the least so never looked into it. Interesting though. Thanks for the new info.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:55 PM   #25
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

Quote:
Went and looked at Amazon Japan and couldn't read a thing lol. There must be a language change button thing but I'm not that skilled to find it (technology is NOT my forte) and no, I don't gave an amazon app. I might have ordered from Amazon maybe 5 tines in my life so I'm admittefly not at all familiar with it lol. Curious though, if you changed region to Japan wouldn't you need an address in Japan? I have never bought shit from Japan so I really wouldn't know. I guess I don't know because I have never understood the appeal of MP in the least so never looked into it. Interesting though. Thanks for the new info.
No, things sold by Amazon Japan can be shipped to international locations, unless otherwise specified. You can also change the language of the app to english when you change your location settings to Japan, so the important things get translated. It’s relatively straightforward.
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:12 AM   #26
Dremen
Generation 1

I'm unfortunately not hopeful. We got the 35th anniversary stuff, but not the Netflix wave here in Newfoundland.

We also didnt get the retro Ghostbusters line which really annoyed me since I really wanted to pick that up.
Dremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #27
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

I'm in Newfoundland. And it was the opposite here. Never saw the 35th anniversary stuff, but my Walmart has a bunch of the Netflix stuff.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #28
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Oh man you are missing out then. Amazon japan is the best place to buy Masterpiece toys. And shipping is almost the same as someone in Vancouver shipping to Toronto. Just change the language at the bottom of the page, and enjoy the savings.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:34 PM   #29
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBlurr View Post
I'm in Newfoundland. And it was the opposite here. Never saw the 35th anniversary stuff, but my Walmart has a bunch of the Netflix stuff.
Where? In town all 4 have been 100 percent devoid of anything Netflix, so far. Mount Pearl had a display of 35th anniversary lads for months. They still have a couple of the cell shaded Megs. Only place that had them though.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #30
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Oh man you are missing out then. Amazon japan is the best place to buy Masterpiece toys. And shipping is almost the same as someone in Vancouver shipping to Toronto. Just change the language at the bottom of the page, and enjoy the savings.
LOL,thanks, but nah, trust me, I'm good. Anyone who knows me knows I expect too much perfection from something that arrogantly calls itself Masterpiece, and since these are FAR from perfect, I have less than zero interest in anything remotely MP or MP styled. I dunno, I never understood the appeal of them for the insane prices myself, and have never really been impressed with them in hand, but to each their own lol. I also have no clue what shipping from Vancouver to Toronto would be, cheap, expensive?, I'm literally on the conplete other side of the country lol. I am curious though, how do you change the language if it's in Japanese? Or is that option in english? It won't be for me, but good luck using it. Seems tangley but whatever works for ya.