Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Will Walmart respond?
No - they're walmart. Who needs customer service when they have low prices? 13 72.22%
Yes - they will respond with a form letter 1 5.56%
Yes - they will respond by sending people to break my legs 3 16.67%
Yes - they will appologize and send me cases of voyagers as compensation (ha, yeah sure!) 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
Sokar
Armada
Re: Walmart vs the BBB. Should I start taking bets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post

What was this about? I gather you had issues with their Voyager sale a few weeks back? I'm kinda surprised they didn't just cave and help you out. Mine has tried to give me the classic run-around on figures not coming up for sale, most recently this week with their Deluxes not scanning on sale. I got some line about how the ones in stock weren't the right Item Number figures and that the right ones were still on the truck. I slapped a flyer down in front of them, pointed out the simple text, the clause at the bottom stating simular items can be substituted if the 'proper' item isn't in stock and their Price scan policy, and got one figure for free and the rest rung up at the sale price. I guess your store has more concrete disgruntled workers than mine. Mine are just regular disgruntled.
I actually argued with the customer service rep, toy dept. rep, and assistant manager about the flyer, but they stuck by the 'it's a different item number' defense, so there wasn't much I could do. I told them it was false advertising, but they didn't seem to care at that point and just told me to phone their head office, who never did end up responding to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 View Post
I just got a letter from head office, I have a plane ticket in the mail with a company Visa, and a rental car to come break your legs. Nothing personal, its just business
CJ
I'm happy just to finally get a frikkin' response. Bring a safety mask though. I have the flu and might still be contagious

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
walmart called me, and settled the matter as quickly as possible, so with the second call, they are walking on thin ice with them, and i think something bad can happen to the store if they don't fix their error
This I find interesting actually. It seems to show just how disorganized walmart is on a national level I think. It's sort of the same with futureshop too I've found. Here in calgary they started off pretty bad for cs, but in since bestbuy and other stores have opened up they've become a bit more accomodating and I've started actually shopping there again. And yet, in saskatoon they were real jerks when it came to customer service. I brought in my month old laptop because the hard drive seemed excessively loud (which is usually what they sound like before it dies) and in the middle of the store the 'tech' turns it on, holds it up to his ear and says "I don't hear anything", then tells me my option is to send it to hp myself when it was obvious what the problem was.

I'm pretty well agreed with the 70% of the rest of you who said they would just ignore me, and it looks like that will be the case since today is the cut off for the complaint.

That was some interesting information you got as well Team Jetfire! If anything it's certainly something to think about.

I wonder if it would be worth e-mailing hasbro.... hmmm...
Old 10-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
I actually argued with the customer service rep, toy dept. rep, and assistant manager about the flyer, but they stuck by the 'it's a different item number' defense, so there wasn't much I could do. I told them it was false advertising, but they didn't seem to care at that point and just told me to phone their head office, who never did end up responding to me.

I wonder if it would be worth e-mailing hasbro.... hmmm...

That's just insane. They tried the item number garbage with me, but they caved pretty quickly. Shame the flyer's effective dates are over, cause I think you might have gotten some ground with the "we'll sell you a simular item at the discount price if we fuck up" clause. Still, you shouldn't have to get so technical and have to out-manuever them just to get a sale that they're advertising. Damn.

Try complaining to Hasbro. Include your local Wal-Mart's District Manager's phone number and maybe they'll call him up and give him some shit on your behalf. You should get some kind of compensation for being treated this way. Keep us posted if anything actually comes through for ya!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #13
Sokar
Armada

Well, I've run into an interesting development.

I recieved an email form the alberta BBB and they informed me that apparently customer service issues for Walmart are not handled here, but is handled outside of their regional area, and they have since forwarded it to the area that it is handled in.... in Arkansas!

So my complaint is now filed with the Arkansas BBB and walmart has until the 18th to respond, and if not by then, then they have until the 2nd of december I think.

Seriously this is ridiculous. All this because they can't read and understand their own flyer. Sheesh.....
Old 11-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #14
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

CJ
Old 11-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #15
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Walmart may not respond this time, but eventually they will when BBB tells them they're to be placed on the 'Unprofessional business' list (or whatever they call it).

I'm sure BBB will handle it correctly.

And make sure you don't settle for a 10$ voyager, the 1st 1 should be free according to their scanning error policy!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Well, I've run into an interesting development.

I recieved an email form the alberta BBB and they informed me that apparently customer service issues for Walmart are not handled here, but is handled outside of their regional area, and they have since forwarded it to the area that it is handled in.... in Arkansas!

So my complaint is now filed with the Arkansas BBB and walmart has until the 18th to respond, and if not by then, then they have until the 2nd of december I think.

Seriously this is ridiculous. All this because they can't read and understand their own flyer. Sheesh.....
BBB did that with me too. Their canadian website went nowhere so I filed the Complaint for Virgin Mobile (Toronto) on their main BBB site. And it was sent to their New Jersey branch!!!

I emailed them about my surprise since it's a Toronto address and they transferred it to the correct Ontario BBB office.
Still, Virgin contacted me, crawling on their knees, after months of ignoring their own faults.

Be patient. I'm sure your patience will outlast theirs.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #17
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:

CJ
You didn't really post that.

Are you like 3 years old or soemthing? Please grow up and learn to communicate like an adult or at least a close proximity of 1, if you are capable.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #18
Sokar
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post

Are you like 3 years old or soemthing? Please grow up and learn to communicate like an adult or at least a close proximity of 1, if you are capable.
I don't think he meant anything bad by it. He might have been posting it as a laugh at walmart or the situation too.

I agree that patience is the right course of action here too. Hopefully their american branch is similar to the virgin one you dealt with and they acknowledge their mistake.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #19
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post

Below Me!

CJ
Old 11-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #20
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
I don't think he meant anything bad by it. He might have been posting it as a laugh at walmart or the situation too.

I agree that patience is the right course of action here too. Hopefully their american branch is similar to the virgin one you dealt with and they acknowledge their mistake.
Yah, hopefully.

Quote:
Below Me!
Ok, THAT made me laugh!!