Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #11
C_Shewins
Robot Master
Re: Walmart rollback now includes transformers movie 2007 deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
In a way, it's fact that if a certain category of products is on sale, it doesn't mean other products in the same category should automatically be on sale too. If your Captain Crunch cereals are on sale this week, it doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to get your Fruit Loops for the same price only because they're cereals too. So if Wal-Mart decided to only have Animated and Universe deluxes on sale, you shouldn't be arguing. They decide what they do with the products they sell, period.

That said, the rollback had been applied on ALL deluxe figures at my local Wal-Mart.
What do you mean I shouldn't argue? You are not working at Walmart, are you? I don't know about your Walmart. The Movie Exclusive says Transformers Movie, and it is surely a Deluxe. The walmart that I went to has a tag "Movie Dlx $6.79", so of course I needed to argue, because it doesn't say not on "Movie Exclusive", duh~ =P
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #12
Pascal
Banned

You didn't read my "That said..."?

I was just saying in general, not necessarily for that particular rollback. In general, some customers tend to have "unrealistic expectations" when "things" are on "sale". When she was working at Canadian Tire, my wife had to deal with tons of customers with "unrealistic expectactions".

-Hey, that product is similar, it should be on sale too!
-No m'am, it's not. Brand/product X is not brand/product Y and only brand/product Y is on sale. Sorry!

Although in your case, the manager could have argued the movie exclusives were not real movie figures, just redecos of toys from older lines! LOL!

Last edited by Pascal; 11-25-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #13
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
You didn't read my "That said", right?
Well, guess I am just lucky my Walmart has the "Movie Dlx $6.79"tag
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
Anyway, sorry Team Jetfire, but I'm not in Calgary at the moment, I'm in Saskatoon going for a second degree.

Haven't you guys in calgary noticed an increase in the amount of tf's on the shelves over the past few months?
Doh! I wanted to pick up some repaints...lol

Good luck on the 2nd degree!
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #15
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
You didn't read my "That said..."?

I was just saying in general, not necessarily for that particular rollback. In general, some customers tend to have "unrealistic expectations" when "things" are on "sale". When she was working at Canadian Tire, my wife had to deal with tons of customers with "unrealistic expectactions".

-Hey, that product is similar, it should be on sale too!
-No m'am, it's not. Brand/product X is not brand/product Y and only brand/product Y is on sale. Sorry!

Although in your case, the manager could have argued the movie exclusives were not real movie figures, just redecos of toys from older lines! LOL!
Well, after I got my items, the manager told the guy who works at the toy department to change all the tags to "Universe Dlx $6.79" & "Animated Dlx $6.79". There were no more "Movie Dlx $6.79"after. Usually big company let it go when it is their own mistake on the tags.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:31 AM   #16
Sokar
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Doh! I wanted to pick up some repaints...lol

Good luck on the 2nd degree!
Thanks

But don't give up on calgary getting the rollback just yet. they're pretty damned slow sometimes. hell it might not even show up as a rollback until after christmas
Old 11-26-2008, 01:27 AM   #17
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Walmart Polopark in Winnipeg had all the deluxes at rollback pricing for the whole rollback thus far. I bought Stockade and Crankcase for $6.97 last week.

I think simply that the rollback varies from store to store.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #18
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
Well, after I got my items, the manager told the guy who works at the toy department to change all the tags to "Universe Dlx $6.79" & "Animated Dlx $6.79". There were no more "Movie Dlx $6.79"after. Usually big company let it go when it is their own mistake on the tags.
thanks, you also used our chance out to get the $6.79 for the Exclusive if the rest of us could duplicate what you had been doing in tat store. So let us know which Wal-mart you didnt' go and we could perform this strategy on the other Wal-mart .

When I scanned last week, they already had different bar code/ title and different price as a result from TF movie to movie exclusive. It might be easy if the big company just gives certain items on sale for a specific barcode for some on sale price. While I talked to the workers, they just simply said those scanning results come out differently and therefore not the same thing. If I need to speak to the manager, they said that I have to come before 3pm when they are on duty?

Is that truth that Wal-mart does not have night shift manager, or there is no manger who could respond us after 3pm?

Man, C_Shewins, you are not just lucky, but talking to the right guy, at the right time as well.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #19
Detective Barricade
Beasty
Send a message via MSN to Detective Barricade Send a message via Skype™ to Detective Barricade

Shame I'm already done with the movie line until RotF.
Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #20
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
thanks, you also used our chance out to get the $6.79 for the Exclusive if the rest of us could duplicate what you had been doing in tat store. So let us know which Wal-mart you didnt' go and we could perform this strategy on the other Wal-mart .

When I scanned last week, they already had different bar code/ title and different price as a result from TF movie to movie exclusive. It might be easy if the big company just gives certain items on sale for a specific barcode for some on sale price. While I talked to the workers, they just simply said those scanning results come out differently and therefore not the same thing. If I need to speak to the manager, they said that I have to come before 3pm when they are on duty?

Is that truth that Wal-mart does not have night shift manager, or there is no manger who could respond us after 3pm?

Man, C_Shewins, you are not just lucky, but talking to the right guy, at the right time as well.
It was Sunday afternoon when I went there. I didn't even know there was a sale on movie figures until I went there. There was another guy who was before me who couldn't get them at 6.97. It just depends on how you negotiate with the manager I guess + there really was a tag saying "Moive Dlx 6.97". The one I went to was New West Walmart. However I don't see the Walmart at Lougheed Mall and Guildford Mall with the sale price tag last time I went there.