Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-31-2016, 11:21 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Which Tyrant to choose

I decided that I am going with Cloud Optimus. And right now, I am on the fence between a few versions of Megatron and Galvatron;

ToyWorld Hegemon
Henkei Megatron
WFC Megatron
Mega Steel-01

ManiaKing Galvatron
Titans Return Galvatron
Old 05-31-2016, 11:30 PM   #2
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Which Tyrant to choose

ManiaKing Galvatron

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:57 AM   #3
optimusb39
Animated

Agreed. Maniaking is the better galvatron for design and altmode.
Hegemon I s agood solid megatron but is a pain to transform. Megastell has alot of loose parts but still good. Wfc megatron is too small in scale with cloud optimus. And henkei megatron has huge back kibble. Any would do but i stuck with hegemon. As long as your fine with displayong him and only transforming infrequently hes great!
Ive seen recently pictures of another megatron coming out thats a triple changer. Tank and handgun. Looks good in all modes but i cant remeber the company name or toy name.. sorry.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:35 AM   #4
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Boldforms Gladius. Early IDW inspired design.

Looks very promising.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:52 AM   #5
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Hegemon and Maniaking. Mind you, the United Megs is pretty good and solid too and the Titan's Galvatron has merit for the cheaper pricepoint. However, yeah, the benchmarks are DEF Hegemon and Mania King, love them both.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:05 PM   #6
Chigimus
Masterpiece

I hear generally positive things about Hegemon, but the aesthetic always seemed to blocky and rigid in my opinion.

Henkei Megatron is nice to have if you like the nerf gun alt mode, but in robot form, his back kibble/wings is just too ridiculous.

I've got Mega Steel Tronus/Granville as my go to CHUG Megatron right now. Sure, his alt-mode isn't perfect with the alignment of the gun barrel pointing slightly downwards, but in robot mode, he looks fantastic. Beefy, intimidating and armed to the teeth like what I expect a tyrant should look like. Coincidentlaly, Chimungmung still has him on sale from their Black Friday special (supposedly) for just $40 + 25 to ship him. Even with conversion, that's about $85 CAD which really isn't bad at all for a voyager sized 3rd party figure.

For Galvatron, Mania King is a very good fit in the CHUG sizes. Looks very much the part in both alt and bot modes, and the lack of wrist swivels is not a deal breaker IMO. Speaking of which, if you're interest in acquiring Mania King is genuine, Ironwave, I've got a copy of the 1st release I could sell (shameless plug for myself, I know, lol). I even still have the original box with the foam insert he came in. Send me a PM if you want to know more.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #7
optimusb39
Animated

Also i found that the matrix that came with the old fansproject alternator optimus truck addon kit is a perfect fit for chaining to mainakings neck. I found a very fine silver chain and he can hold it in his hand luke a boss! The finger design on majiaking looks not to bad if you swivel his arm to bend up like hes describing how he will crush ultra magnus and any autobot who stands ion his way. Very epic dynamic posing if you set something like that up. Also yiu can tuck the matrix inside during transformation to cannon. Theres just enough space to wiggle it in. That matrix also looks good with city commander ultra magnus and classic optimus but neither can hold or store it.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:07 AM   #8
Jeem
Energon

and just to bank on a possible opportunity, I am selling my United Megatron and a good chance my Mania King.

When you have made your decision and are interested in getting them, maybe hit me up!.

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:01 AM   #9
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

I don't which to choose between Hegemon Megatron and Titans Return Megatron.