Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-05-2011, 04:37 AM   #41
Lysist
Alternator
Re: buying toys you never really wanted because cool upgrade kits are coming out for

I have never bought an accessory kit for a toy that I did not already own. I have also been very picky about the ones that I do buy. Example: I own a Classics UM but not the City Commander as I have the TFCon Powered Commander.
I feel that all of this third party craze is a double edged sword. Yes, they are really nice (in some cases) but they drive up the prices to unrealistic levels. This hurts the people at the lower end of the financial scale who might just want the original version. It is a rare fan who is willing to give up an item at cost if they can triple their money or trade up. (if anyone has a close to cost option for the ROTF Bruticus, PM ME!!!) This also results in false inflation of value based on speculative rarity. How many people have been burned by Henkei Rodimus?
Sure we all like feeling that our collections are worth some money but but I feel the real value comes from playing with your friends like when we were kids.

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #42
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: buying toys you never really wanted because cool upgrade kits are coming out for

there was another rotf bruticus and fp sets for 200 in the junkion on tfw yesterday, probably sold though, they are out there, you just have to look

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote