Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
JonoPrime
Robot Master
Canada Post Strike - Links for Updates/Status

Hey everyone,

For those interested I wanted to post 2 links that have “some” updates on the current strike at Canada Post.

With the holiday season here Im sure a lot of us have orders we’re waiting on (TF or otherwise).

It definitely has made me re-think any future online orders for the time being, given the uncertainty of when this will all be done.

CP Homepage (with daily updates):
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/com...7Cddn%7Clr%7C5

CP Twitter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/canadapos...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I hope this helps anyone looking for info on when the mail backlog may be actually dealt with
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Canada Post Strike - Links for Updates/Status

Yep. I got my last package last week from a friend in the US. It took about a week longer than normal, but thankfully arrived safe and sound.

I am stalled online right now, no selling or buying until the stoppage is over and the backlog is sorted out. So that means probably no more online transactions until 2019.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:39 PM   #3
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Ya waiting on 2 packages from Amazon. Hopefully they settle soon. 1 is for an Xmas gift for my son.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Depending on the source, Ive read there may be delays anywhere from 6-8 or 8-12 weeks for standard shipping. Thankfully, for now these are just rumours.

Hopefully there may be other shipping methods coming up for those still looking to order online (FedEx, UPS, etc.).

I had ordered a couple of TFs for my nephew for Xmas from one of the site’s sponsors here about a week ago. Going off what info CP is releasing now it looks like this will get here end of December, but most likely sometime in January.

So, for anyone looking into future orders be wary of the actual timeframe in which you may get it
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
ironhide_warmachine
Generation 2
ironhide_warmachine's Ebay Auctions

As much as I don't like Purolator, this time I am happy that ToyRUs uses Purolator. Waiting for CUPW to agree with Canada Post's offers can take a while, I remember the college strike in Ontario last year took forever.
ironhide_warmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Just to add the last few packages I got from Walmart.ca were shipped by a third party company called TFORCE, a bit slower than usual but not by much.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #7
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

I order some non TF stuff from China during the last ebay sale at the end of Sept and still waiting on it all All the slow ship stuff from China just showed up in time for the strike. I have no doubt its all stuck in those 600+ containers the news keeps talking about.

Wifey let OK'ed me getting MMC Reformatted R-35 Magna & MMC Reformatted R-36 Inventa as her Christmas gift to me, and even though Magna is out now, I probably wont see it until Jan

I suspect the Federal government will end this soon, im sure its starting to negatively effect the nations economy.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now

Last edited by theoneyouknowleast; 11-21-2018 at 04:24 PM.
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:22 PM   #8
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

I got a bunch of stuff coming in the mail. The strike is affecting other countries post offices as well. TF-Direct is not mailing items to Canada because China Post is not shipping to Canada till after the strike is over. U.K.s Royal Post which still covers Hong Kong Post is not shipping to Canada either till it's over.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:40 PM   #9
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Look at the bright side. Get's most of us off our asses a bit & get's us walking around in physical stores so at least were getting some exercise.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #10
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrluthor View Post
I got a bunch of stuff coming in the mail. The strike is affecting other countries post offices as well. TF-Direct is not mailing items to Canada because China Post is not shipping to Canada till after the strike is over. U.K.s Royal Post which still covers Hong Kong Post is not shipping to Canada either till it's over.
Yes, I read that on TF-Direct's site as well, but im not sure if it means that China Post is not taking any parcels that need to go to Canada, or just holding them in China and not giving guaranteed dates as they will not pass it to Canada Post until CP tells them their backlog is manageable. Staff at my post said there wouldnt be an issue, but not sure if they knew exactly.

Has anyone tried to put in a TF-Direct or another order from China and had the seller cancel it because of the strike? .......They might be able to put the orders in, but sellers themselves may refuse orders to avoid chargebacks on delayed orders by Visa and Paypal. Not really sure how it will operate.

I get parcels from all around the world and I had one sent from Czech Rep, paid at 2.5 weeks ago after the strike started and got it without issue. It went from CeskaPosta to CP. I had a few items sent from China and didnt get them before the strike or after, they were very small and sent via letter I think though so unpredictable at best of times.

So im unsure if foreign national postal services are refusing Canadian parcels, but my impression is that they are just holding them until CP and the rest of the $%#$s sort themselves out....big problem if yr depending on online shopping for getting things for XMas, but it will just mean it will be a memorable Xmas for kids this year...not a good memory mind u, but memorable.

Happy Hunting...
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote