Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #31
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron
Re: Give Hasbro a new years resolution.

Dear Hasbro,

Please make more robotic animal TF's. Seriously, 1/2 of the G1 characters that are left to be remade transform into animals!
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #32
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Kids want Skids and Mudflap. Short packing them would be silly from Hasbro's POV, but maybe offering a few less different paint jobs might work.
Don't forget that kids want ROTF Ravage too apparently.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #33
Lacimehc
Akio Kawazu's only fanboy

Please create some good Beast Wars updates that actually represent the show models for characters like Blackarachnia, Rhinox, Terrorsaur, etc.

Generations shouldn't be limited to just one generation...
Lacimehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #34
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacimehc View Post
Generations shouldn't be limited to just one generation...
Ummm....they've done a few War for Cybertron and IDW characters...that's not specifically G1...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #35
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Ummm....they've done a few War for Cybertron and IDW characters...that's not specifically G1...
True,but it's still part of the G1 dynamic:Vehicular robots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertron View Post
Dear Hasbro,

Please make more robotic animal TF's. Seriously, 1/2 of the G1 characters that are left to be remade transform into animals!
Quote:
Please create some good Beast Wars updates that actually represent the show models for characters like Blackarachnia, Rhinox, Terrorsaur, etc.
A resolution that Hasbro should go by:Give us Beast Fans another bone or two,specifically an updated Primal and BW Megatron (Any version is up to them)

In fact,how about an upgraded Beast Machines toy as well?One can only hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #36
justprime
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhainan View Post
Generations and lots of the figures we drool over are in and of themselves evidence of a willingness to appease the smaller niche collector's / older market with some loss to their profit margins. Of course, while lower profit, it might be additional overall income they wouldn't otherwise capture.
Do you mean you wish Hasbro would release higher price points versions of their figures? The reason TT is able (and willing) to do that has to do with their market, the Japanese market is very different from ours.

It would be nice if Hasbro would make collector's editions of some figures available, but they market to the price points for the maximum profit and sales... It does shock me they don't release a couple through stuff like BBTS or their own toy store, though, given it wouldn't cost them much more.
As far as higher point pieces look at the premium movie line or MP line for example from Hasbro , I don't mind spending the extra for a quality piece,.. but it dishartens me that current MP's for instance,.. ( which are normally priced for a collectors market) that we are shorted by inferior product such as the de-boning of grimlocks teeth&tail and acc.,.. to the release of Hot rod,..... (Rodimus has a trailer) so the Japanese market will get a superior piece in that they get Hot Rod &Rodimus in one box hence I will buy the Rodimus piece even though its a number of dollers more... the so called premium line by Hasbro couldn't even chrome Primes truck parts but Takara did again a reason to buy overseas.also the Japanese pieces do better paint apps as previously stated,..... most of the Hasbro paint apps are sloppy with overspray to bleed through of colors,.. to just lacking the details( compare Armadas hot shot,... hasbro couldn't bother to back paint the autobot symbol on the sholder and left out alltogether the light up hand feature for when the star sabre is held lighting up the piece,.. again a reason for a NY res to tighten up here and bring my dollars home. The invested dollar but mostly the joy I get from my collection is the reason I strive for the best pieces to represent the charater hence this conversation and Resoultions wish not to settle for what could be a better product with out massive increase in product cost,.... if the product is produced and painted in the same factory then why skimp on paint detail? why are the same pieces not released both worlds?how hard was it to go from gold to yellow on Armada Prime( one was show accurate ) or the new seaspray( (?) for example and why change the color for a different market?
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #37
Lacimehc
Akio Kawazu's only fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
They're all still G1 characters though...
I thought the IDW comics were meant to be a G1 continuity?
Lacimehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #38
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I really don't think Hasbro Transformers can do anything better than its doing right now/the past couple years. We get tons of product thats all relatively easy to get, as well Canada now sees every USA exclusive as well.

I hope they keep up more of the same.
Overall, I'd have to go with this. I'm pretty happy with what we have gotten as a whole, and the things we have seen that are coming down the line look pretty good. So keep up the good work is all I can suggest.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #39
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
They're all still G1 characters though...
I thought the IDW comics were meant to be a G1 continuity?
IDW has 'a' G1 Continuity that it launched itself. But that Continutiy has no ties to the other G1 stuff like the old cartoon or Marvel(both also seperate continuities to my knowledge.)

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #40
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Lots of love, only one hope now that TC is coming....

I am not a fan of the faded blue plastic that sometimes replaces what feels like should be even a plain grey, IE Animated Starscream, Classics Ironhide Face, Alt Prowl bits, etc.

Id rather have less paint apps than more blue plastic when inapropriate.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote