Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-10-2019, 10:15 PM   #1
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions
Mississauga Collectors Expo Roundup

It's the first time I attended one of these expos and I bought early access for my son and I, not really looking to buy but to avoid having my son trampled by people during general access. My observations...

Good...
- $5 extra for early access is worth its weight in gold. It was so crowded during general access that I found it difficult to look at anything.
- Having a cute kid helps. Dealers gave him discounts.
- Some rare pieces around. I saw loose POTP Novastar for $25, MISB CW Sky Lynx for $35, loose Siege Jetfire for $75.

Bad...
- Most dealers are asking for the moon. I saw one dealer asking $130 for Siege Refraktor Reconnaissance set... and someone bought it.

Overall...
- My son and I had an awesome time. I didn't pick anything up for myself, but my son picked up a something for him and his younger brother from the loose boxes.
- We'll definitely head to TFCon next year.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:26 PM   #2
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Mississauga Collectors Expo Roundup

TFCon is a great show but if you think this was crowded, it pales in comparison so be prepared for that
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #3
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions

Hmm... The crowd comment was after general admissions. For TFCon, I was going to use the same strategy and try for early admissions on Saturday, spend an hour, and leave before being trampled by the general admissions. It worked well today, but I'll take your advice and have a backup plan for another activity just in case
Old 11-10-2019, 11:25 PM   #4
JLvatron
Chosen 1

You may not know this but the biggest crowds are for the dealer room.
There's alot more events at TFcon, too. So after buying toys, how about sticking around for more TFcon fun?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:26 AM   #5
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

I usually go around general admission and the times my son came with me I never felt it was too cramped or worried he was going to get squashed at TFCON.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:41 PM   #6
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Haven't had time to go a Collectors Expo yet, but will probably go to one in 2020. It's great you had an awesome time.

I couldn't go to this year's TFCon, but been the previous couple of years, last year's was my first Saturday visit. A decent amount of people, I think okay to bring an older child like 5+ or older.

For scary pelvis to pelvis crushing crowds, just check out some of the photos from the Saturday in the dealers room at FanExpo. God forbid the fire alarm ever gets pulled, it's incredibly frightening the pandemonium that would happen. I only go on the Thursday, the safest day to bring a kid.

I appreciate, at least from the 2 TFCons I have attended, that Transformer enthusiasts shower & care about personal hygiene. That is not the case at FanExpo.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote