Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #4361
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

So today is the release day of 2010 Bordeaux wine at select BC Liquor stores. I went to the big one at Oakridge and the place was turned into scalpers' paradise, with people buying cases of fine Bordeaux wine. Sure there are visibly collectors and restaurateurs, but it looks like many other are just there buying up cases to bring back to their motherland. It was totally crazy in there. So there you go guys. There's a market for everything.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 09-29-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #4362
Markymark09
Beast Machine

not as much market as mp SW for $1,000, lol
Markymark09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #4363
Corvicron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
So with how long the MP SWs have lasted at Bowmac, along with availability ordering from TRU.ca, I wonder how many people are still going to miss out on him? I just saw in the sightings thread that Bowmac was down to under 20 MP SWs now.
There is always people who miss figures, or just weren't into MP's at the time. This time next year there will be a premium on him.
Corvicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:56 AM   #4364
CKWG
Masterpiece

The regular price of $120 plus tax for MP Soundwave with 5 tapes is really a bargain compared to the Takara version which would cost around $280 plus shipping and possibly duty from online stores. $120 would only get you the 2 sets of the Takara MP tapes. The QC of both version isn't that much different either.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #4365
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKWG View Post
The regular price of $120 plus tax for MP Soundwave with 5 tapes is really a bargain compared to the Takara version which would cost around $280 plus shipping and possibly duty from online stores. $120 would only get you the 2 sets of the Takara MP tapes. The QC of both version isn't that much different either.
Yes, seriously the difference doesn't bother me a bit at all. Because of these reasons, I hestitated to order some of the new Masterpiece cars... Not sure if I am making the right decision right now to order the ones coming up....... I am afraid the next thing you know, Hasbro announces that they will release the MP cars....

I am still waiting to see what is up with that Year Of the Horse Optimus Prime before I jump on the Takara Optimus Prime, unless if I find a good deal on the Hasbro version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvicron View Post
There is always people who miss figures, or just weren't into MP's at the time. This time next year there will be a premium on him.
Yes... and I am one of those victim... ( again)

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 09-29-2013 at 02:09 AM.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:14 AM   #4366
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Maybe it's not a bad idea to hold onto an extra MP-02 after all that I maybe able sell later for a small profit? I already have Takara MP-13, now Hasbro MP-02, and I pre-order Takara MP-13B Soundblaster next year.

I have to wonder what MP Hasbro plans to release in 2014 though. Hasbro evidently does not plan to release the new MP Autobots, while Takara keeps producing licensed car from Lambo, Datsun/Nissan, and soon VW and Lancia. What option does Hasbro have?
Old 09-29-2013, 02:21 AM   #4367
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Maybe it's not a bad idea to hold onto an extra MP-02 after all? I already have Takara MP-13, now Hasbro MP-02, and I pre-order Takara MP-13B Soundblaster next year.

I have to wonder what MP Hasbro plans to release in 2014 though. Hasbro evidently does not plan to release the new MP Autobots, while Takara keeps producing licensed car from Lambo, Datsun/Nissan, and soon VW and Lancia. What option does Hasbro have?
I am keeping myself an extra MISB with plastic wrap all over it just in case it goes up to a thousand bucks, lol...

Are you getting the G2 Sideswipe too? I am not getting any repaints like Soundblaster. Repaints don't seem to hold the value as much compare to the original paint scheme other than the seekers....just in case if I want to get rid of them. I still think Classic/Generation is more suitable as my main line, they have almost every G1 Character. I doubt they will have every G1 character for Masterpiece line...
Old 09-29-2013, 02:35 AM   #4368
Markymark09
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I doubt they will have every G1 character for Masterpiece line...
you never know, we never get this many mp's being release, plus the variety too. plus i don't think that your making the wrong decision to order the new mp coming out as i don't think Hasbro will release them all.
Markymark09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:37 AM   #4369
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymark09 View Post
you never know, we never get this many mp's being release, plus the variety too.
If they are following the trend to make a G1 Jetfire to match the scale, it will probably be almost twice the size of Optimus Prime. I will be all over it if they do....... If they don't match the scale... it is just another classic line to me but you have to pay premium.

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 09-29-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:37 AM   #4370
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I pre-ordered G2 Sideswipe too just because I regret missing out on MP-12 and 14. Hopefully Takara will reissue them seeing how popular the KO is. I pre-ordered MP Soundblaster because of Ratbat. I feel like a total fool.