Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #21
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 11 - Not Gone to Botcon?

Great Episode guys!
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #22
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Well Gog and I became quick friends and I just had to have him on an episode. Unfortunately there weren't many other members on Cybertron that went to Botcon this year and were able to record but I think he swam well in Canadian waters.

(waits for applause :P)

As for more of my adventures here's a nightmare of a story I neglected to mention in the episode. MY RETURN TRIP HOME...or lack there of on time. The Monday started early as we took a shuttle bus to LAX, while twittling with my phone on the bus I must have put it down on the seat to get my itinerary out of my bag. Moral of the story, put it in your pocket instead, because moments after the bus drove off I noticed my phone missing.

We call the shuttle bus operator and she contacts the driver who apparently "can't" find my phone, but I know its in the bus damnit! So I say "screw it" and get on the plane, I of course booked my flight after Colin, Alex, and Beechy so I'm on a different flight from them. So I take off from LAX to Detroit...

On my first return flight over the Rockies my plane hits some turbulent winds and nose dives at a 45 degree angle for about 10 secs before leveling out. While weightless in my seat (good thing the belt was buckled) and the people round me screaming for those 10 seconds all I could really think was "well it'll be quick and painless...". It's good to know you can stare possible death in the face and joke with him. I land in Detroit where I have a lay over for 3 hours.

I got on the plane for my half hour flight from Detroit to Buffalo....we board late, we wait to taxi late, and then the pilot lets us know one electrical panel won't light up....we board with the terminal again...all the technicians left for the day...I'm stuck overnight in Detroit. So now my friends waiting for me in Buffalo have no idea where I am and I got no cell phone to call to let them know I'm stuck overnight and to get back to Canada without me till a lovely family from Richmond Hill lends me a cell to text them.

The airline puts me up in a Best Western for the night....I get there at 12am and I'm supposed to return at 6:30am to board at 7:30. There is no way in hell I'm getting any sleep and waking up to reach my plane. I was also given a food voucher! Which is great because I hadn't eaten since Sunday night...great except the hotel food service closed at 12am and didn't open til 6am the next morning, good luck eating and getting to the airport on time...so I stay up all night, contact my family to let them know whats going on and organize another pickup in Buffalo. Best part was the airline wouldn't even take my luggage off the plane so I'm wearing the same cloths for 30+ hours...

So I shower, pack up my laptop (so glad that was my carry on, and I had a few scout figures to play with that I threw in the carrying case :P), missed my breakfest, and get back to the airport for my flight. Finally get to Buffalo and wait for my Dad to pick me up. Finally get some food in me at 11am which wa great as it was American Burger King which is still 20x better then our crappy Canadian versions (Dr. Pepper on fountain and better fries...need I say more?).

I return home and what do you know? There's a message from the Shuttle bus company...THEY FOUND MY PHONE!!! Hu-huk who'da thunk?....mmmrrrrrmmm so I fax them my mailing info and am still waiting to get it back to this day :P

Moral of the story....don't loose your cell phone while on vacation...and don't fly with Northwest Airline! HORRID service...I didn't even get inflight cookies or an entertainment console in the seat infront of me like the Delta plane had on the way down.

Boy that took a while, no wonder I left it out of the episode :P

LoL all of the celebs I ran into were by chance! ....and please no autographs....I'm no one in the grand scheme of things :P

....Co-ordinator Prime hmhmhm

Yeah, but you got to go to Botcon....

Crazy story, glad to hear that they found your phone, but not surprising that it was 24 hours later...I would be calling my cell phone company just to have them reverse the 1-900 charges...lol.

As of Nexus Maximus...there is not enough lol's to do it justice....
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:38 AM   #23
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I would be calling my cell phone company just to have them reverse the 1-900 charges...lol.
Yaaaa.....cuz I didn't made those!

:P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #24
Beechy
The Veteran.

Quote:
Unfortunately there weren't many other members on Cybertron that went to Botcon this year and were able to record but I think he swam well in Canadian waters.
No, there wasn't....thanks for thinking of me..
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #25
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis

Northwest Airlines will ALWAYS suck. What's scary is how much it's IMPROVED since Delta bought them.

GMFan101, I again apologize for you being stuck in Michigan. At least you managed to escape.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #26
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
No, there wasn't....thanks for thinking of me..
You were working that night, stop whining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
GMFan101, I again apologize for you being stuck in Michigan. At least you managed to escape.
LoL It's not your fault, had I had your number on me/memorized I would have called you to let you know I was trapped in your state :P

But its all good, not like you would have driven then hour and a half to visit me in some crappy hotel and I wouldn't let you either since you had work the next day.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #27
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
On my first return flight over the Rockies my plane hits some turbulent winds and nose dives at a 45 degree angle for about 10 secs before leveling out. While weightless in my seat (good thing the belt was buckled) and the people round me screaming for those 10 seconds all I could really think was "well it'll be quick and painless...". It's good to know you can stare possible death in the face and joke with him. I land in Detroit where I have a lay over for 3 hours.
What was scarier... the "nose-dive near death experience" or being stuck in Detroit?

... and I second the "at least you got to go to Botcon" comment.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #28
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
What was scarier... the "nose-dive near death experience" or being stuck in Detroit?

... and I second the "at least you got to go to Botcon" comment.
Probably the being stuck in Detroit...but not for the being stuck in Detroit part, the part where I was worried about missing my next flight so I could get home!

At worst the nosedive would have just killed me.

Tags
canadian slag, podcast