Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 02-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #21
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master
Re: Cybertron.ca Presents Canadian Slag, the Canadian Transformers Discussion Podcast

Also, GMfan101, Blitzwing's back end does clip in. Pegs on the turret peg into his feet. It doesn't flop around and actually keeps his legs stable aswell.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #22
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Cybertron.ca Presents Canadian Slag, the Canadian Transformers Discussion Podcast

Alright I've taken mine of the shelf for closer inspection, I see what you mean about the pegs but I'd hardly call it stable. More stable...yah, but totally? nah, I don't want to say its a terrible toy, its fun and got its merits but in the Animated line to me it came out as one of the weakest.

EDIT: One more downside I just thought of while repositioning Blitzwing on the shelf....he has no threatening/battle poses. I put my TFs in a battle stance on the shelves and it doesn't seem to matter what I do he just can't pull it off.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 02-09-2009 at 06:20 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #23
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Also, Sentinel Prime. Don't bash a figure until you actually HAVE it, maybe. Sentinel Prime is actually a fairly decent sized figure, taller than deluxe Prime. He just looks stocky alone because his legs are so wide.
Now now, I put him as my FAVORITE Animated figure.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #24
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I'm on the fence with Sentinel....I like him but he is too short and I forgot to add to his discussion how much he would have vastly improved had they given him translucent light bluw weapons instead of the fully painted ones.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #25
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Now now, I put him as my FAVORITE Animated figure.
And that's great. I love Sentinel prime. He's not my favourite, but only because I love guys like Lugnut so much more.

I don't know who it was, but props to the guy who said that said V Bulkhead was a good toy. I like that dude a lot, but he gets almost no love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Alright I've taken mine of the shelf for closer inspection, I see what you mean about the pegs but I'd hardly call it stable. More stable...yah, but totally? nah, I don't want to say its a terrible toy, its fun and got its merits but in the Animated line to me it came out as one of the weakest.
I can't call him the weakest compared to Lockdown or V Megatron, but as far as the stability in jet mode is concerned, it's either yours or mine. Mine is a nice and tight fit, but then again I have some figs that are looser in some areas.

Still, I'm not "ZOMG BILTZWIGN R GAWD", but he's not as bad as you make him out.

Quote:
EDIT: One more downside I just thought of while repositioning Blitzwing on the shelf....he has no threatening/battle poses. I put my TFs in a battle stance on the shelves and it doesn't seem to matter what I do he just can't pull it off.
I kinda agree. I can get him into some great firing/attacking stances, but he would seriously benefit from having fists for those poses.

I surprised you didn't mention those thighs. That's the main gripe I have with him. SS did it right, he has a hinge in the center so they bend for vehicle mode but are nice and straight for robot mode. (though you can cheat and hide them in some poses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
I'm on the fence with Sentinel....I like him but he is too short and I forgot to add to his discussion how much he would have vastly improved had they given him translucent light bluw weapons instead of the fully painted ones.
Again, how too short? He's taller than your average deluxe. I'm not saying I would be against a Voyager Cyb Mode Sentinel, but this "too short" argument makes not sense to me. (I mean, he looks stocky with the thicker legs, but it doesn't make him short) He's as tall as Jazz. I would prefer translucent blue weapons myself, too, but only to match other clear weapons like Prime's axe and BB's stingers.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #26
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Nice podcast! I like it when I learn something new about TF's. Keep up the good work dudes.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #27
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Thanks CC! Thats why I like doing this show as well, hell I've learned things doing this show...I think there will be some pretty interesting info in the next 2 episodes (hint hint).

Old 02-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #28
UltraMagnus69
Acid Pellet Style

Great show guys ...really entertaining...although maybe you could give Dak a break and stop picking on the poor guy...so it's his initials, big deal...(yo add me on facebook lol) ...but seriously though its good to have some different perspectives. I finally feel represented from this board to our yankee friends over at tfw
UltraMagnus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #29
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Please tell me that you'll have new theme music for the next episode. At least give your guitarist a metronome if you're going to use him/her again.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #30
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Does the 10 seconds of music make much of a difference? :P

Tags
canadian slag, podcast