Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 02-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: Cybertron.ca Presents Canadian Slag, the Canadian Transformers Discussion Podcast

Must... listen... later...
Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy
Re: Cybertron.ca Presents Canadian Slag, the Canadian Transformers Discussion Podcast

Can't wait to give this a listen!

I think this is a really great idea!
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #13
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobot View Post
Great idea...Will this episode be on iTunes? It's the only site I've figured how to download
We are working that.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #14
JSon
Robo Warrior

Just finished listing, and I loved it. Seemed a little long at first, but it was really nice to have all the time you need to talk about a topic. Awesome to hear some in-depth discussion on some topics rather than just a few lines in a forum. Can't wait for more!

Also, activators Megatron is tricky as hell to get into vehicle mode.
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Holy snap Batman I went to bed after posting this and did not expect this many views/listeners when I woke up! Glad to hear people are enjoying the show...honestly I think if you liked this you'll like some of the other stuff we have coming. All we did was talk about ourselves which I would get bored of, since thats all we did, but the next few episodes should be really entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobot View Post
Great idea...Will this episode be on iTunes? It's the only site I've figured how to download
Like CoH said we're really working on getting it to work on iTunes just experiencing technical difficulties. In in the mean time you can DL this mp3, and have 2 options, listen to it on your computer, OR put it in iTunes and add it to your iPod manually. It won't go in the podcast section but will be under music with "Cybertron.ca" as the artist.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #16
ChrisW
Thread Killer

To answer the question raised during the podcast: Animated Swoop's flail lost its gimmick because it failed the Choke Test. Pulling on the flail chain activated pop-out flames. If a child partially swallowed the mace, pulling on the chain to get it out would end up deploying the flames and causing it to get even more stuck in the child's throat. Having no pop-out flames was thus determined to be safer than having pop-out flames.

Also: Given the distribution of Alternators, would Camshaft qualify as a Canadian exclusive?

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Thanks for sharing...I remembered it got removed for some reason and that rings a bell. As for Camshaft I'm gonna say no since some parts of the US got him as well...just really really badly. It'd be like saying Alternators Windcharger, Laserwave, Decepticharge, Battle Ravage are all US exclusives since we never got them.

Also of interest is apparently Energon Tidal Wave...he got very poor distribution in the States and can resell for $60-90 in the US.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #18
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Now that I've listened to more, I didn't enjoy that as much as, say, WTF@TFW, but it wa sokay, mostly too much bashing of Animated and Uni stuff and just general dragging on. (as I find all podcasts seem to do)

Also, Sentinel Prime. Don't bash a figure until you actually HAVE it, maybe. Sentinel Prime is actually a fairly decent sized figure, taller than deluxe Prime. He just looks stocky alone because his legs are so wide.

I agree, I loved the Deluxe BC, but I would've liked a higher class.

So much hate for Soundwave. My SW stands fine. I wasn't expecting a bash-cast. Code of Honour was great in it, though.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 02-09-2009 at 05:24 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #19
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

We are going to keep these to around an hour and no longer. I edited out over 20 minutes from this episode. I find a lot of the podcast I listen to that go well over an hour get really boring, so this way we can stay on topic and not drone on forever.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #20
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
To answer the question raised during the podcast: Animated Swoop's flail lost its gimmick because it failed the Choke Test. Pulling on the flail chain activated pop-out flames. If a child partially swallowed the mace, pulling on the chain to get it out would end up deploying the flames and causing it to get even more stuck in the child's throat.
Cool, sounds like a device that could be used in the next Saw movie.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast