Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 12-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #31
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 20 - OMG WTF IDW

I liked the frank and opinionated discussion of the IDW comics. I was a fan of the Dreamwave series, but never got into the IDW as I feared another pointless re-boot and it sounds like, in most cases, that I was right to do so. I think there is a lot of validity to the thought that IDW needs to do more with the Transformers name. It should be their top priority and as such should have the top talent working on it, but it sounds like IDW is using it as a money tree in order to push their own other creative works. I am out of line to say that?

Also, Christina Applegate is a legend and deserves to all the inked whistles that a Married with children comic could give.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:44 AM   #32
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I think there is a lot of validity to the thought that IDW needs to do more with the Transformers name. It should be their top priority and as such should have the top talent working on it, but it sounds like IDW is using it as a money tree in order to push their own other creative works. I am out of line to say that?
I dunno....I'm sure that there are some that will say I have a biased opinion but honestly I think everyone involved with this episode enjoyed IDWs work at one point or another (otherwise why read it?) and have just thought the their recent work has become atrocious.

I think the unfortunate part is their seems to be an "internal favouritism" as opposed to "fan favouritism" where the higher ups are picking artists they like and casting the more established artists aside. Is this a bad thing? Not really if (using the cooking analogy) using different spices in a recipe results in a better "meal" but the new flavours just seems terrible and we're being force fed it regardless of what the majority of fans want.

I'm all for better food but I'm sending this back to the kitchen.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #33
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Well, I can understand if one or two meals are ruined by the by trying new ingredients, variety is the spice of life after all. But at what point does the restaurant get rid of the chef after all the latest dishes aren't palatable? I think there will be a point when even the most hardcore of fans will stop buying and it will be up to IDW to make those correct changes...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #34
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Well, I can understand if one or two meals are ruined by the by trying new ingredients, variety is the spice of life after all. But at what point does the restaurant get rid of the chef after all the latest dishes aren't palatable? I think there will be a point when even the most hardcore of fans will stop buying and it will be up to IDW to make those correct changes...
Here here!

Let's just hope we aren't left with a totally bitter taste in our mouths

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #35
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Regarding the sound volume, you guys could normalize the waveform after you're done recording... that should help with the different sound sources.

Oh... bring back Gizmo!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #36
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Regarding the sound volume, you guys could normalize the waveform after you're done recording... that should help with the different sound sources.

Oh... bring back Gizmo!
Played around with the volume a little more in episode 21 since I had more time to fiddle with it. Lemme know if it worked for ya.

As for Gizmo....listen to 21

Old 12-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #37
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Yeah the volume rocked on 21 and you brought back the little big earned bastard!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast