Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #21
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com
Re: 2007 Feedback

Next year we'll provide Sunstar with a string that has a plastic cup on both ends so she can listen in.

I thought it went well, but I need to learn how to multiply like Multiple Man so I can be in many places at once.

Last edited by dak; 04-30-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #22
Protoman
The Legend

Yeah it was very fun in my hotel room having our little TFcon after party with Purplebot, JLvatron, Guber, Ravage X-9, and the others. Meesum was recording a lot of personal fan interviews there and I can't wait to see them after.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #23
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Yeah it was very fun in my hotel room having our little TFcon after party with Purplebot, JLvatron, Guber, Ravage X-9, and the others. Meesum was recording a lot of personal fan interviews there and I can't wait to see them after.
Especially Guber and I singing
...and your impersonation of Guber singing!!!

Sunstreaker/Sideswipe was a cool guy too, and Sandy needs a TF-name.
JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #24
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Sunstreaker/Sideswipe was a cool guy too, and Sandy needs a TF-name.
Sandstorm or Sandtrap or Quicksand or Sandland or Sanddune or Sandy Ego.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #25
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Man, you are Quick!(sand)
Old 04-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #26
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Well, I had a great time this year, and I think there was more unique and cool stuff in the dealer room than ever before. The panels were all really informative, and the guests were all fantastic!

As to your suggestion protoman, I've been to AN a couple times, and Im not really a fan of the convention centre. I mean, its a giant warehouse. Its almost impossible to hear yourself or anyone else talk over the din of the crowd, and its just really, really big, with nothing but a couple cloth dividers. I much preferred AN when it was at the hotel, and I think hotel-based cons are much better overall.

As for Dave, you ain't done unlocking on guitar hero 2. I wanted to play trogdor!

But hey, that's my opinion.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #27
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

Hi!

This was my first Transformers convention (and only my second such con of any genre in North America, after 2004's Anime Evolution in Vancouver) and it was fun!

I only made it down by about 12.30pm, and I ended up missing almost all of the panel discussions - I spent too much
time in the dealer room, so I missed the interviews and the board meetups (so I still don't know anyone from here or 2005 - except Dak, who I talked to at the show's end)...

That aside, it was still fun - though I guess going by yourself when you don't know anyone already can make things a little daunting, and I only really got talking to people at booths, such as Matt Moylan (who was very generous with his time, I might add!). Alex Milne seemed a little... distant, though - I got the impression that he wasn't too keen on talking to me.

But I hope that I'll be a little more prepared for Anime North and Polaris - it'll help that I won't likely have to go alone to those.

But hey - I did get that E-hobby Dark Victory Saber, and the TF:Cybertron trade paperback, and the Japanese restaurant nearby was good!

I don't know if I'll be living in Toronto next year, but if I am I will go again - and if not I wish you luck for 2008.

Fate/Trans Form - a Fate/Stay Night-TF crossover.

Transformers Redemption: Worlds Distant - Nebulos' role in the Redemption storyline.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #28
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Lol, Thanks Shan, I will run some of those buy her.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #29
MomofTFfan

Frist TFcon. I've been to 3 Star Trek cons in the 90s before they got overpriced
I took my 7 year old son and my future BIL. SIL was coming for dress shopping with her mom and brother(my hubby) in our area because of the shops. I reminded hubby that I was hoping to take Bobby to TFcon. BIL was like, I'll drive ya! And we both forgot our cameras!!! He did get a pic of Bobby in front of that big Optimus Prime on his cell phone. I hope he knows how to send it to me. I took a picture at home afterwards of my son with used gun. It's go 1984 on it and looks like it was well played with. He paid $5 for it. My son was wearing his 20th Anniversary TF t-shirt with the Autobot symbol on it. It came free with the movie DVD last fall. So it goes down to his knees! But he looked so cute. I'll post pics later.
He also bought 2 Star Wars figures at $5 a piece. He had 10 to spend but I dug out some change for him. Next year we will all be going and this time with more cash. The wedding is in July so future BIL was on a budget.
We did get to hear the end of the trivia stuff because we came in for the movie (wanted my son to be able to see the screen and saw some seating up front so we sat down early). Next year with more adults going it'll be easier to get to more of that kind of stuff. I also have a 2.5 year old daughter but she went dress shopping.Also the art stuff was awesome. My son did not get the My Little Pony thing at all. I laughed my butt off.

So yeah, it was a blast. Loved everything. Got the new movie posters, got one of each. BIL at the end bought a poster (we pooled our money together for $5) and the lady there asked if it was for my boy. I said it was actually for his uncle. She was kind to pick up another $5 poster (Had Grimlock on it, so he was happy) and gave it to him. Now I'm being told that the Harry Potter bedroom needs to be redone in Transformers.
MomofTFfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #30
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
That aside, it was still fun - though I guess going by yourself when you don't know anyone already can make things a little daunting, and I only really got talking to people at booths,
Glad you enjoyed it, friend!

As for socializing, I suggest taking advantage of the official TFCon Friday night events. It's a full party happening with a bunch of activites with many convention goers.

Since many attendees find themselves focussing Saturday on the dealer room, Friday night is an excellent opportunity to just have fun with your fellow fans.