Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #21
diablo
Re: How was your TFCon?

First time poster, though I've been a member over at tfw2005 for some time.

This year's tfcon was lots of fun.

I recently got back into collecting after a long time away (was in school and couldn't afford money on TFs). I love the exclusive, had a chance to say hi to the folks from Fansproject, and met Frenzy_Rumble whose customs are absolutely fantastic.

I will definitely go again next year! Thanks to the organizers for a great convention.
diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #22
Quantum
Uh-huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron007 View Post
I just wish I was able to pick up a Classics Ramjet before they were all gone :-(

I've got two if for sale ($20 apiece). Pm me if you're interested.

On a Con note, it was my funnest year yet. I volunteered this year, got to get to know a ton of people from the boards, got some cool stuff (crossed a bunch of stuff off my want list), met a bunch of super-cool people, did the drawing class (Thanks guys!). Just had a blast. Can't wait for next year!

Last edited by Quantum; 04-26-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #23
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

had a blast like last year.
great hauls. spent way more money then i should. (someone needs to tell that visa guy to stop fronting me money) lol

met alot of great people and saw some buddies i knew from before. (looks up) hiya stef =P

the custom class was a hoot.
that dak guy is a total dooch. lol just kidding buddy. was awesome. but next time give us a sideswipe also cause white paint SUCKS!! lol

sat next to motormaster, jourdo and lol damnit forgot his name again. (sorry man) was hilarious. non stop laughs.
the 1 hour time slotted class ended up being closer to 4 hours lolol.

i'll for sure sign up for it next year again. lol poor poor sunstreakers got blasphemized lol.

dak post the screens for R.E.V., i still need to put the striping on him

but yep best part was meeting all the people i hadden't yet and seeing all the ones i had,

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #24
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Here's my thoughts on TFcon this year.

I got there about 10:15, mostly because I hate waiting in lines. It's nothing against TFcon, I just hate lines in general, it's a personal quirk. There was no line so that was AWESOME.

I got in the dealer room by 10:20 and it was absolutely INSANE. I could barely even get close to most of the tables. I think it's the busiest TFcon yet, you really had to fight to get close to the tables.

Some dealers were really cool and were willing to bargain, and typically of a convention/toy show some dealers had themselves priced WAY out of wack ($30 for an incomplete common Rock Lord? I don't think so)

I was able to score some GREAT deals, some on TF's, but mostly on non TF's. The table with the $4 Neca/Mezco/McFarlane stuff rocked!!

I was kinda suprised that I couldn't find certain TF's, I didn't see one RID Megatron, but there really wasn't a large focus on the non G1 stuff/New releases.

Also, I was in the market for a Razorbeast, and the only loose one I managed to find was in a junker bin (missing a beast leg, but other than that pristine shape with very tight joints) but it was only $2 so that rocked.

I only stayed for the two panels with Derrick Wyatt and Dan Gilvezan both of which were excellent, except for a few people asking really irrelevant questions. I gotta say that both Derrick and Dan are awesome guys and Derrick is really a HUGE transformers fan.

Just judging from Derrick's panel, I have a feeling that Transformers Animated isn't dead just quite yet.

I got to meet some of the guys from the board which was awesome to put a face with the names.

Plus I won a door prize. Kick Ass!

Looking forward to next year!

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 04-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #25
evil_ivotron
decepticon ruler

Good job, excellent time and one great exclusive....

thanks Crobot for the awesome sig...
"every heroic Autobot deserves a concrete tomb"
evil_ivotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #26
Darth Grimlock
Robot Master

This was my first TFCon like many others but it will not be my last. I had a blast meeting lots of people through out the weekend and plan on keeping in touch.

Seth and Rob, it was a pleasure hanging with both of you. Great times and I'll have those pics ready tomorrow night when I get back to Windsor.

The thing I enjoyed just as much as meeting people was seeing what Fans Project had instore for us and the sneak preview in the "comic" in the Power Commander set. Springer and Rodimus are going to be off the charts when these upgrades hit!!!!
Darth Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #27
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

First TFcon... hell first real con of any type. I really enjoyed my time down here. I'm still bummed that I missed the Friday night events and hope to correct that next time. Also, I hope to plan better and actually get to stay in the Convention hotel. Those are my only two regrets.

First off, the exclusive is damn awesome (and has set a bar for you guys in the future)... well worth the price of admission alone.

I learned a valuable lesson when in the dealer room. If you find something you want, DO NOT think too long about it as it will likely be gone when you make your second pass. I lost out on a few things that way... but more than made up for it with other purchases.

EDIT: Forgot about Fansprojects! These guys are so awesome to talk to and see what they have planned for the future. Bring on Defender!!!

The panels/guests were good for the most part. Derrick Wyatt was awesome! You can tell he is a fan of the series, and the fact he works on Transformers is just icing on the cake. I wish I had remembered to bring the stuff I wanted to get signed. I was hoping to see more from the Hasbro presentation, but the guy did try and answer some of the questions presented to him... too bad about the billion degree temperatures in the panel room though (not sure why it took the hotel so long to get that fixed). Watching Bumblebee's voice come out of Dan Gilvezan was just wierd... and hearing BB say "WTF Optimus" was funny as hell (BTW, if anyone has that sound clip... I need a new ringtone ). The customization panel was really well done... It was cool to listen to Nemesis Predaking and chansformers just shoot the shit and talk about what they do and how they do it. That was a great way to run that panel dak.

Meeting the people from the boards was really cool. It is nice to put some faces to the names finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
the custom class was a hoot. that dak guy is a total dooch. lol just kidding buddy. was awesome. but next time give us a sideswipe also cause white paint SUCKS!! lol

sat next to motormaster, jourdo and lol damnit forgot his name again. (sorry man) was hilarious. non stop laughs.
the 1 hour time slotted class ended up being closer to 4 hours lolol.
Definitely a highlight for me. I didn't mind that this went WAY overtime at all. I did feel bad that those running it felt stressed about the overtime. It was super fun and dak was a good sport... or was he... maybe that is why he gave us all the white painting to do... hmmm. And yes... other guy... please post up your name (I forgot it as well). You and your supporting wife helped pass the time while picking on dak. I'm absolutely going to sign up for this again if I make it down. My interest in getting back into customizing has been reignited thanks to this.

My con cherry has officially been popped, and now I think I am its bitch. Hmmm... what else can I say, except I hope to see you all again next year!

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #28
Protoman
The Legend

I don't even know where to begin.

First off, thank you to everyone who gave me presents at the convention. Chans Formers for the amazing Rodimus Prime custom to gave me, CJ and Aernaroth for the amazing Jetman Sentai combiner Icarus and Cryos for the Swindler Micro.

Big thanks to everyone who came to my huge panel and laughed/cried at the shocks and joys of TF-Japan. Thanks to Derrick Wyatt and Vangelus for hanging out till the weeee hours of 5am talking about our beloved robots in disguise. I....... don't know what more to say, it was all so amazing, easily the best TFcon ever, and that's coming from staff.

I guess I will try not to forget anyone.

Dak - Amazing class bro, REV is super sweet.
GMfan - My other fellow roommate and staffer, without you there would be no laughs
Aeranroth - Without you, my panel would not be as awesome, you deserve all the credit.
CJ - All smiles, always awesomes, always helpful. Thanks for Jetman
Decepticon Army - Always my partner in crime at the con
Dark Rage - Finally got my Road King! (But not complete =( )
The Meemas! - 3 times the fun
Shan and The AV Guy - Making sense of the panel PC for me
Paradigm-Shift Prime - Grey, your always cool!

FairladyZ - It was my pleasure to meet someone who loves Rodimus as much as I do, thank you for the CD also.
Dark Renegade - Great meeting you bro, hope to chat again next year
Wayward - Always love your art honey, thanks for Rodimus
Artoni - Woot! Vector Prime! Loved it babe.
Quantum Prime - Thanks for the 2nd Kissplay Rodimus
Michelle - For being AWESOME and fun
Kat - For watching my stuff. LOL, just kidding your great too.

I hope I am not forgetting anyone, I met so many people who just shouted the name Protoman but didn't really introduce themselves. It was such a delight.

Man... I can go on and on, again thanks to everyone who came to my panel.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:01 AM   #29
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

Thanks to everyone who came and a big thanks to my fellow staff members who worked really hard. I have more to say, which I'll do when my internet connection is being more reliable.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #30
Wayward
Generation 1

Didn't get to go to any panels or such, since I'm parked behind a table, but I find the trade-off is that I get to chat to more people - they just walk up and talk robots to me! It is neat. ^_^ I will just assume that the panels were great.

Didn't really get to talk to you staff folks due to my perpetual disorganisation, but the con looked good. Mostly dealt with the volunteers, me, and they were a friendly, helpful bunch. Good work all around. ^_^

Not a huge toy haul, but I don't tend to at TFCon. 'Course, there's not a whole lot I'm looking for, so that's all right. And one of my readers ( Lupis/Nax, don't know if he posts here or just reads my site or what ) got me an Armada Airazor, one of the figures I've been looking for for a while, so that was awesome ( if you post here, thanks again. ^_^ )

Bumblebee costume gal - kickin' outfit. You deserved the first place you won and I envy your skillz.

I'd mention everyone by name, but if you met me you know how bad I am at remembering them. If you worked the con or talked to me, assume you are fabulous.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote