Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #11
Animelee
lives in Carbombya.
Re: How was your TFCon?

This sums it all up in how awesome it was:

"Optimus, what the F^$%?"
Old 04-26-2009, 02:22 AM   #12
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelee View Post
This sums it all up in how awesome it was:

"Optimus, what the F^$%?"
LOL... or the following "Oh, sure. Clap now that I dropped the F-bomb!"
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:37 AM   #13
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

I had lots of fun at TFCon this year, though I'm still going back to the Sunday events.

Haul-wise, it's rather minimal this year, but then again, I wasn't looking for much. It was mostly to chill with the people there, and I got to meet and/or hang out with a whole lot of guys (cannabisprime [well, ok, he almost doesn't count, since I'm typing this on my laptop in his basement right now], CobraCommander, Dark_Rage, chansformers, Nemesis Predaking, plowking, GMFan101, JLvatron, Guber, Protoman, brr-icy, vectorsigma_2, among others).
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #14
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

So anyways

This was the first convention I've ever been to, not really what I was expecting, but still cool none the less. I didn't really know anyone. I reconized Super Megatron from pictures I've seen online, but that was it, and he looked busy workin, so I didn't bother him.

There was a lot of people though, my sister and I got there at 9:30am saturday morning, and we got a little lost trying to find it in the hotel, there was no signs or anything lol, so we just wandered around for about 10 minutes. I finally went through the double doors there and saw a line up, and thought, that must be it! (Still no signs )

I got a free comic book, that was sweet, and then headed out to check Hasbro's table. The new prime looks cool, a lot better then in pictures. My sister wants a bumblebee helmet haha.

The dealer room was nuts, sooo many people, I was really hoping to check out a lot of toys I had never seen before, but couldn't really, it was hard just to get to the tables, let alone really examine anything. Plus a lot of stuff were in baggies, I didn't even know what half of them were, except for ones I've seen in pictures online.

The MIB Fort Maxes were cool though, I never knew he was THAT big, and the box is enourmous! I knew he was two feet tall, but untill you actually see it, you don't get a feel for just how big he is.

I bought some RID toys, and a couple Beast Wars, and my sister got a Clark Kent, and a silver Autobot decal for her car. I wanted some encore and bookstyle re-issues, but there weren't many that I could find, and the TFC Hound I thought was too expensive, so I just saved my money.

I only stayed for about an hour, then we decided to check out other things in Toronto, like sitting under the run way at the airport while the planes land, that was sweet!! Then we took off to the Oshawa center, and home

Fun time, I'll probably go next year too!

Quote:
Did discover that I was not allowed to park across the street at the Toronto Congress Centre.
really? we parked there. There were two girls standing guard or whatever, and we just drove past them, pulled into the left parking lot, parked and walked by them without saying anything to each other lol
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #15
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
This was my first Tfcon, it was very enjoyable. I got my picture taken with Optimus Prime and picked up a 3 of the Universe figures I was looking for. Did discover that I was not allowed to park across the street at the Toronto Congress Centre. But then again parking was only $10 so it was no big deal. Looking forward to next year.
i'm assuming you asked the teenagers for directions?
Next time just pull in to the Congress drive, turn left, park and walk out. Unless they're security, which is almost never(99%) in all the time I've been to the Congress for outlet sales, it's not really worth their time to chase you down.

and yes I parked at the Congress parking lot. No hassles from the kids.

Hilights: Got to meet up with some of the guys I did trades with before. Some buddies from the US. Talked with members at the parts party. Didn't find what I was looking for but got a few other cool stuff. Bumblebee swearing(got an mp3 of that. ha!)

Last edited by Dangard Ace; 04-26-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #16
Galvatron007

It was awesome! First time being there and I loved it. I was in and out both Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to meet anyone as I was very rushed both days. I mainly did some purchasing.

Those people I did get to talk to were great though. I can't wait until next years - I will make sure to stay in the hotel for the full three days!

I just wish I was able to pick up a Classics Ramjet before they were all gone :-(

Galvatron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #17
Big Filipino
Protectobot

This was my first TFcon and I was impressed by all the activities and just the overall set up. I'm hoping to make this an annual trip.

My only request to the TFCon planners: Please please please PLEASE keep getting wicked exclusives like you did this year. You've set a high bar with the Powered Commander but nothing that can't be matched year after year. Kudos on a job well done!!!
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #18
plowking
wanna be Canadian

It was AWESOME!!

The Exclusive was kick-ass-sweet

The best part?....Was meeting all you guys. I had a blast. I really did. It was my first Con ever, and it will NOT be my last!!

Looking forward to doing it again next year!!!

TFCon 2010!! WOOT!!

WAIT!...issa wobot anna twuck?!
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #19
Domercon
Generation 1

Well I went to the 80s toy show today...next best thing to the con It was awesome..I did not buy any Tfs...but I did buy 2 posters (1 from Lil Formers and 1 from Alex both signed) and the best part was I was able to get my Mighty Mugg Bublebee signed by the original Bumblebee (great guy by the way)

Check it out

He even added "G1 BB"

Domercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #20
UltraMagnus69
Acid Pellet Style

All I want to know is when the next show is ....

met some great people this weekend and the panels were so much fun. I just want to thank all the volunteers and helpers this weekend that busted their butts off and probably went on no sleep to make this Con the best one ever!
UltraMagnus69 is offline   Reply With Quote