Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #81
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: How was your TFCon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicky View Post

and I got a chance to play the G1 team challenge...I can't believe I actually won!
Hey, believe it my friend, you totally deserved to win!
Your knowledge of G1 was the best that night, so you ARE the champion!!!

Thank you for your participation and great attitude. See you next year!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #82
Sting Rose
Robot Heroes Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerguru View Post
my thoughts on this years tfcon.
"BEST CON EVER"
I only wish i didn't have to stay up for 42 hours straight working on normal work while at the show. damn those deadlines. thank god for red bull and diet coke, but it was so hard to stay awake at points. hopefully i didn't bite anyones head off. well except for the girl who broke one of my eliptical templates. you know who you are.
Awww, man, You're seriously not going to let me forget that, are you? ;-;

*grabs chest painfully* Argh--my heart! DX It's like there's shrapnel Ã* la Iron Man tearing it apart, except, y'know, it's made of guilt, not metal. T_T

Duct tape fixes everything? It's a proven scientific fact.
Sting Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:03 AM   #83
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I don't think I've posted my TFCon experience yet.

Let's start at the beginning. Friday. Checked in around 5. Got a free cookie, yay! Cookie sucked, boo! Threw in a case of water and then spent about half an hour walking back and forth between my room and the ice machine to fill up the cooler for the pizza party. Then 6 finally rolled around and I ran down to get in line, only to find out there was some other convention still there. Damb teachers! TFCon eventually started. I got my Powered Commander. Ran him upstairs and then brought down the cool and cake. Damb that was heavy! Then I had to go back up because I forgot the knives and forks. Pizza party was awesome. I got to sit with a truely all-star table. Vangelus, Protoman, Guber, Decepticon Army, General Tekno, sorry if I can't remember everone else. I liked the "Finish That Line" thing during the pizza. Then I spent an hour or so serving my lovely cake. Maybe I should have brought a bigger one so I wouldn't have to worry about giving out little pieces to make sure everyone could have some. Then more trivia. Parts trading, meh. Later I got a chance to chat a little with Flare Up herself, Fairlady Z, the Man From Newfoundland, Wodimus, and Internet Personality Vangelus.I was really surprized by Vangelus. He's was really easy to talk to. I thought for sure his internet stardom would be gone to his head and been a total snob. But actually a really awesome guy. He showed us some stuff he's working on, including Jimmy. That kid if F'ed up in the head. lol. And he even let my play with his Spreem! SPREEM! Only complaints; 1, I got zero sleep. It's TFCon, it's like X-Mas for TF fans. 2 was that I didn't get to play DS battles or pictionary. Next year.

Saturday we wait for Guber to wake up and get his ass in the dealer room. Then everyone runs. I didn't find half the stuff I was looking for. The other half was too much for what I wanted to pay for them. So all I got that day toy wise was Henkei Ironhide. Not bad, but still has the emo neck problem. Also got Matt and Alex to do Sixshot sketches for me. Then we got to watch both parts of Human Error. Awesome. Then DJW's panel. Then there was Dan Gilvezan's Panel which felt very short. Then there was the costume contest. All excellent constumes. Maybe next year I'll dress up.Then I went and had Harvey's with some other fans. Sorry I forgot your names. Half the people I talked to the weekend were either named Mike or Chris or Shawn. Product preview, yawn. Customizing panel... Then there was the VA auditions. I was super nervous but I gave Astrotrain a try and failed epicly. Then I gave Soundwave and acutally got a "call-back". SO HAPPY! Didn't get it though. Next year. I was gonna give Arcee a try too but couldn't get up the nerve to make an ass of myself. I got up to do Blurr, but in a slow voice, but the guy in front of me had the same idea, so the joke was ruined and I sat back down. If only I had gotten up the courage sooner. At some point in here I went back to pick up my sketch from Matt and someone had stolen mine!Because we were both named Mike. Seriously dude, you call yourself a Transformers fan but can't tell the difference between Sixshot and Devastator?So poor Matt had to do another one. I think next year I'm gonna have to call myself Mikey B or something. Unless Michael Bay is there. That could be awkward. "Hi, I'm Mikey B. No, I'm Mikey B. No, I am! No, I AM!" Oh, but to top it off is the highlight of the whole convention, I stay up till like 4 or 5AM with a bunch of other fans, Vangelus, Wodicus, and the god damb Protoman, with Mr. Derrick Wyatt talking for hours! :sigh: It was amazing. The man is like everyone says, he's just as much as fan of Transformers as everyone else there. The guy pulls out Shuffler as the FansProject elephant dude. I never would have thought of that. Which is another thing I should mention. I was blown away how knowledgable some of the people there were. I thought I knew a lot. Wow! Those guys like Meesum and Daneil are hardcore man.

Sunday was a bit of a blur from the lack of sleep. I managed to find a Henkei Hot Shot and pick up some reprolabels. Customizing class was good. It definately taught me some stuff, but it's major fault was that was too short. It was very rushed. Half the time the paint wasn't drying. I even had big gobs of paint coming off at one point much to my horror. If there's one next year, maybe give it's own day. At least have it all Friday morning and afternoon. 'Cause by the end I was panicing because I had to go check out. Cleaned up a little. I still have little bits of paint my hands! Then I picked up my Sixshot sketch by Matt Moylan. It's over there as my avatar. <- Then I went and sat in on Gubers panel for a little bit. Wish I could have saw more of that. Then went over to Daniels Kiss Play, er...I mean Japanese Transformers Panel. Although one question I wish I thought of at the time. Could they remaster the Unicron Trilogy using the Japanese animation with the American VO? Also I need those Japanese cartoon links. And finally, I picked up my Canadian Sixshot by Alex Milne. You can see it in my sig. And there I had to go home because of work. Next year I'll definately stay the extra night.

Oh, and during the con I was going around pestering people to sign my Canadian Slag poster. Too bad my scanner's not big enough to scan it or else I'd post a pic of it. And if I didn't get you to sign it yet, don't think you're off the hook. I'll be coming for you nexy year!

Awesome con. See you at TFCon 2010. Unless I see you at that other convention first.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #84
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Rose View Post
DX It's like there's shrapnel Ã* la Iron Man
Please. This is a Transformers forum.

You shoulda said "shrapnel Ã* la Shrapnel" !!!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #85
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Please. This is a Transformers forum.

You shoulda said "shrapnel Ã* la Shrapnel" !!!

No, he should have said "shrapnel ala Shrapnel, Shrapnel..."
Old 04-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #86
JLvatron
Chosen 1

HAH!

Well said, mon ami du gateau!

Old 04-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #87
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I don't think I've posted my TFCon experience yet.

Let's start at the beginning. Friday. Checked in around 5. Got a free cookie, yay! Cookie sucked, boo! Threw in a case of water and then spent about half an hour walking back and forth between my room and the ice machine to fill up the cooler for the pizza party. Then 6 finally rolled around and I ran down to get in line, only to find out there was some other convention still there. Damb teachers! TFCon eventually started. I got my Powered Commander. Ran him upstairs and then brought down the cool and cake. Damb that was heavy! Then I had to go back up because I forgot the knives and forks. Pizza party was awesome. I got to sit with a truely all-star table. Vangelus, Protoman, Guber, Decepticon Army, General Tekno, sorry if I can't remember everone else. I liked the "Finish That Line" thing during the pizza. Then I spent an hour or so serving my lovely cake. Maybe I should have brought a bigger one so I wouldn't have to worry about giving out little pieces to make sure everyone could have some. Then more trivia. Parts trading, meh. Later I got a chance to chat a little with Flare Up herself, Fairlady Z, the Man From Newfoundland, Wodimus, and Internet Personality Vangelus.I was really surprized by Vangelus. He's was really easy to talk to. I thought for sure his internet stardom would be gone to his head and been a total snob. But actually a really awesome guy. He showed us some stuff he's working on, including Jimmy. That kid if F'ed up in the head. lol. And he even let my play with his Spreem! SPREEM! Only complaints; 1, I got zero sleep. It's TFCon, it's like X-Mas for TF fans. 2 was that I didn't get to play DS battles or pictionary. Next year.

Saturday we wait for Guber to wake up and get his ass in the dealer room. Then everyone runs. I didn't find half the stuff I was looking for. The other half was too much for what I wanted to pay for them. So all I got that day toy wise was Henkei Ironhide. Not bad, but still has the emo neck problem. Also got Matt and Alex to do Sixshot sketches for me. Then we got to watch both parts of Human Error. Awesome. Then DJW's panel. Then there was Dan Gilvezan's Panel which felt very short. Then there was the costume contest. All excellent constumes. Maybe next year I'll dress up.Then I went and had Harvey's with some other fans. Sorry I forgot your names. Half the people I talked to the weekend were either named Mike or Chris or Shawn. Product preview, yawn. Customizing panel... Then there was the VA auditions. I was super nervous but I gave Astrotrain a try and failed epicly. Then I gave Soundwave and acutally got a "call-back". SO HAPPY! Didn't get it though. Next year. I was gonna give Arcee a try too but couldn't get up the nerve to make an ass of myself. I got up to do Blurr, but in a slow voice, but the guy in front of me had the same idea, so the joke was ruined and I sat back down. If only I had gotten up the courage sooner. At some point in here I went back to pick up my sketch from Matt and someone had stolen mine!Because we were both named Mike. Seriously dude, you call yourself a Transformers fan but can't tell the difference between Sixshot and Devastator?So poor Matt had to do another one. I think next year I'm gonna have to call myself Mikey B or something. Unless Michael Bay is there. That could be awkward. "Hi, I'm Mikey B. No, I'm Mikey B. No, I am! No, I AM!" Oh, but to top it off is the highlight of the whole convention, I stay up till like 4 or 5AM with a bunch of other fans, Vangelus, Wodicus, and the god damb Protoman, with Mr. Derrick Wyatt talking for hours! :sigh: It was amazing. The man is like everyone says, he's just as much as fan of Transformers as everyone else there. The guy pulls out Shuffler as the FansProject elephant dude. I never would have thought of that. Which is another thing I should mention. I was blown away how knowledgable some of the people there were. I thought I knew a lot. Wow! Those guys like Meesum and Daneil are hardcore man.

Sunday was a bit of a blur from the lack of sleep. I managed to find a Henkei Hot Shot and pick up some reprolabels. Customizing class was good. It definately taught me some stuff, but it's major fault was that was too short. It was very rushed. Half the time the paint wasn't drying. I even had big gobs of paint coming off at one point much to my horror. If there's one next year, maybe give it's own day. At least have it all Friday morning and afternoon. 'Cause by the end I was panicing because I had to go check out. Cleaned up a little. I still have little bits of paint my hands! Then I picked up my Sixshot sketch by Matt Moylan. It's over there as my avatar. <- Then I went and sat in on Gubers panel for a little bit. Wish I could have saw more of that. Then went over to Daniels Kiss Play, er...I mean Japanese Transformers Panel. Although one question I wish I thought of at the time. Could they remaster the Unicron Trilogy using the Japanese animation with the American VO? Also I need those Japanese cartoon links. And finally, I picked up my Canadian Sixshot by Alex Milne. You can see it in my sig. And there I had to go home because of work. Next year I'll definately stay the extra night.

Oh, and during the con I was going around pestering people to sign my Canadian Slag poster. Too bad my scanner's not big enough to scan it or else I'd post a pic of it. And if I didn't get you to sign it yet, don't think you're off the hook. I'll be coming for you nexy year!

Awesome con. See you at TFCon 2010. Unless I see you at that other convention first.
HAHA about Saturday morning Guber! But the man deserved his early minutes in the dealer room. Matrix, that was a great video entry!

And awesome Friday cake, you did well to make the pieces small. Gluttons like me needed only to come back 2 or ...5 times.

That's so funny how Shan stole your Blurr idea! But you did an awesome Soundwave, dude.

AHAHAHAHH!! You and Michael Bay really should form a rap duo called 'Mikey-B & Mikey-B'. Heck, I'm sure Bay can rap better than he can make movies.

Glad you enjoyed it, and definitely make a costume next year! And bring your poster back, I'll sign it!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #88
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Figure I should chime in on this one now.

I've been to the past 4 TFCons (06, 07, 08 and now 09), and this one was by far the biggest and best. From the dealer room, to the exclusives, to the guests and panels; TFCon2009 blew the previous ones out of the water without any questions about it.

Major props to Colin and all the TFCon staff, as well as the guests (Dan Gilvezan, Derrick Wyatt and Eric Bauza) for making it all great.

Special thanks to cannabisprime, CobraCommander, Dark_Rage, chansformers (+wife) and Mike (forgot your screen-name, and your girlfriend Kaitlyn) for hanging out with me outside of the convention's times/scope; especially cannabisprime, for providing me with a place to stay for the weekend. Props also goes to GMFan101 and all the guys at the Sunday night / Monday morning podcast recording for a great time there too.
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #89
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

TFCon rocked yet again.

Wish I could have shown up earlier on Friday. I had to teach that day and as soon as I was done, I went on my way to the hotel via public transit, but it took so long that by the time I got there it was almost time for me to leave. But Saturday made up for that mishap.

Faction Feud was so much fun. Major props to everyone who set that up. I am proud of my squad of Ninjamasters, despite sometimes making me feel like an 80's cartoon villain with their bizarre antics. It was a grueling experience right up to the end, but we did it, and I think that it was not just because we knew our stuff, but because of hard work and guts!

I am happy with the How to Draw panel. Honestly, I have not had a class that attentive in a long time! I wish it was scheduled for more time, say an extra half-hour with the remaining half hour acting as a buffer for pictionary or something. I was hoping to use a projector but was told to keep things low-tech, only to have access to a projector anyway and to need to use it. If I knew there was going to be a projector I would have done more with it, and brought my own laptop. I think that if the panel were to happen again next year that I will change it up a bit and use the projector to display the drawing.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped me out and who said hi to me and gave me kudos for the prelude comic. Already looking forward to doing it again next year.

Sayonara.