Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece
Opposite Opinion!

Have you ever been in the situation where you don't care for a figure, but everyone else is beating the crap out of each other to get one? I have. For me, it's Generations Drift. Everyone is in love with him, but I think his head is ugly and I don't much care for the character. I'm waiting for Blurr. I can, however, understand why everyone likes him (articulation, transformation). So, if you have experienced this, post your experience here.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: Opposite Opinion!

rotf leader prime, i despise that figure, even moreso after playing with it, frustrating, annoying transformation, looks cheap, talks too much, buster only gets rid of the cheap look.

(my favorite transformation is mp megs btw)

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Universe Galvaltron. everyone hates him.
Despite his flaws I still like him.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
sacha88
Machine War

I feel the same way about Drift. I've gotten all of the rest of generations wave 1, but am waiting for Blurr. I prefer the look of Blurr, and also like him a lot as a character. I have no attachment to the character of Drift.
sacha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

I'm only getting back into TF's since last year after a 20+ year vacation , but I'm starting to like this Generations line up more and more. So for me, it's been all of the Generations figures, until now As if I haven't spent enough on these over the past year, now it's going to get even more costly !
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

MASTER PEICE FIGURES. We all know MPs are expensive most of the time, but for a MP they should be build well, they have tooooo many flase for a well built figure ment for the collecters.
they do have intresting transformation that do the job, accurate color and design (exept for starscream) but to many gimmicks ment for the kids (grimlock turning tail-head gimmick, why?). but most is size accuracy.......I dont mind if a figure isnt the right size with the others (ofcourse but BumbleBee) but MP are so not accurate size wise, Grimlock is tiny compared to Prime, aslo starscream, I find to big compared to Megatron

also the Updated Cone heads seekers, I never liked them because of their stupid pointy head and every body loves and says "well enginered", his wings are in the way, too blocky to put a grip on, but if they had the ORIGINAL heads well thats when I well be ok (TFanimated seekers <3)

Last edited by shockwing; 08-22-2010 at 02:29 PM.
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

All the time.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

For me I only collect characters based on the 84-86 cartoon for G1, for classics1.0/2.0/3.0 the characters again need to be based on the same era. So Drift for example does not fall into that category, whereas Blurr would, so I'll get him.
Also, the toy must be somewhat within scale of the cartoon. I would not purchase an Ultra class item when the orig G1 was a minibot, ie. Powerglide. I'm on the fence with Seaspray right now, cuz he's technically bayverse based so his scale is not supposed to be accurate to G1, yet his appearance is an awesome homage. Had he been dlx/legend size then he'd already be in my hands.

Generations WFC are a def yes, all of them, as they are a beautiful represention of G1 styling in cybertronian mode.

I've also recently fallen in love with Animated so I'm grabbing those bit by bit.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
ChrisW
Thread Killer

There are lots of popular figures I care nothing for: Animated Arcee, Movie Leader Starscream, Movie deluxe Lockdown, any recent Movie Bumblebee toy...

As for the flip side, I did just drive ~25 minutes out of my way to get a HFTD Jetblade. Don't think anyone was really desperate to get one.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

the FP superion and bruticus add-ons. everyone loves them. i'd buy if FP makes the entire thing. but only as add-ons to existing fugly robots?

also i support and cheer for hftds on the shelves right now. all of you should buy them so hasbro can move on. see?

Tags
dislike, drift, generations, opinion, transformers