Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Old 07-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
Darth Grimlock
Robot Master
Re: Predaking Buy It Now on Ebay for $105

Why not wait for the 2010 release if you're wanting Predaking. You'll have everything in one set, minty fresh.
Darth Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
Deemar
Banned

I buy strictly vintage. No reissues.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #13
Darth Grimlock
Robot Master

Which is cool... I tried to piece together one a few years ago and it was gonna cost more for the little pieces then the re-issue... Just my thoughts...
Darth Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #14
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemar View Post
I buy strictly vintage. No reissues.
Uh-oh, not this can of worms again
Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #15
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Uh-oh, not this can of worms again
What's the worms? Was there a large argument here about whether the reissues are just as good and acceptable as generation 1? I agree they're acceptable if they're the same but I don't have the time to sit down and find out which ones have slight differences. I'd rather just buy old ones.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #16
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
What's the worms? Was there a large argument here about whether the reissues are just as good and acceptable as generation 1? I agree they're acceptable if they're the same but I don't have the time to sit down and find out which ones have slight differences. I'd rather just buy old ones.
Poeple buy the originals entirely on the grounds that they're vintage, as opposed to buying the cheaper and better conditioned reisssues. It's like being original run means they're made of fucking gold or something
Old 07-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #17
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Poeple buy the originals entirely on the grounds that they're vintage, as opposed to buying the cheaper and better conditioned reisssues. It's like being original run means they're made of fucking gold or something
Wow, relax. Sounds like someone already got you a little frustrated with this. For me I got a good reason, I just don't have time to sit down and figure out which ones have little differences. If it's the same I'll take the reissue but I'm self employed, time is money and I'd rather spend more money on getting vintage rather than waste time trying to compare them. If someone else did the comparison work for me I'd consider it but until then I have a great reason for it. I can understand what you mean though.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #18
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Grimlock View Post
Why not wait for the 2010 release if you're wanting Predaking. You'll have everything in one set, minty fresh.
Literally speaking, it will save the money and life will be easier. However, I can not control the time when there are other transformers/toy popped up in the retail stores or on ebay. If I spend $200 for the predaking and save the money for that item, but I am out of budget to buy the Zellers 40% off B M set, and other discount items in the retailer for this month. Somewhere or another, I might still spend more money to get those after the sales. Unless I have several budgets for G1 fund, ROTF fund, universe fund, WOC fund and Generation fund; then, I do not have to make the hard choice.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #19
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Ha, no I'm not going to buy it but I am piecing together this guy from local sales.....even against everyone saying to buy it complete, it's a bit more fun for right now.
It probably won't be cheaper unless you manage to find the parts for a deal as well, but I agree with you 100% that piecing one together over the course of a few months is more fun. I'm almost done piecing together a computron, I'm missing 3 or 4 of the little weapons.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #20
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
It probably won't be cheaper unless you manage to find the parts for a deal as well, but I agree with you 100% that piecing one together over the course of a few months is more fun. I'm almost done piecing together a computron, I'm missing 3 or 4 of the little weapons.
Ya for sure. Someone here in Calgary just had the Predaking head on Ebay and I bid $5 with 10 seconds left and I was winning it but I bid too early, the guy had enough time to bid $5.50 with 2 seconds left and I lost it. I'll get it all together eventually.