Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Old 02-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #11
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine
Re: Ok,you are joking right?

Ebay really really needs to crack down on this nonsense. If those Hong Kong dealers can charge me reasonable prices, then so can the rest of the world. I wonder if there is any way that Ebay can crack down on this and enforce a rule that makes sellers charge shipping at cost and no more.
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogicalProwl View Post
Ebay really really needs to crack down on this nonsense. If those Hong Kong dealers can charge me reasonable prices, then so can the rest of the world. I wonder if there is any way that Ebay can crack down on this and enforce a rule that makes sellers charge shipping at cost and no more.

I can understand shipping plus a couple dollars for whatever it costs for the box & packing(as long as it is packed right),but this is B.S.

I might just message him and ask why so much?I know for fact it doesnt cost that b/c I just won a 20th Prime shipped from Arizona for $63. He must be a friend of WheeljacksLab,lol.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #13
pulsedragon20
I win

Actually, i don't think sellers are allowed to charge so much on shipping (i.e. charge practically nothing for the item and change the actual price of the item in the shipping price) according to eBay's Buyer's policy... i think
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #14
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Whoa, 103 dollars for shipping...is it at least EMS or a method that can be trackable?
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:53 AM   #15
encline
Generation 2

I asked this guy what is up...he said he only ships some 3 day UPS international...

Now, I had a friend check on shipping me some stuff, in about the same size box this would go in, and the fastest UPS was $122.00...so I said no....I went with regular UPS and it was only like $22.00.....soo...
encline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:55 AM   #16
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by encline View Post
I asked this guy what is up...he said he only ships some 3 day UPS international...

Now, I had a friend check on shipping me some stuff, in about the same size box this would go in, and the fastest UPS was $122.00...so I said no....I went with regular UPS and it was only like $22.00.....soo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
Actually, i don't think sellers are allowed to charge so much on shipping (i.e. charge practically nothing for the item and change the actual price of the item in the shipping price) according to eBay's Buyer's policy... i think
Just check the his US to US shipping, which is only $10 dollar that you know he is not "intended" to sell elsewhere other than U.S.
And Why does he list other international shipping? isn't it obvious way to tell you, "don't even bother to message me about the shipping price, I am lazy enough to check for the price for each country and do not wanna do extra work"

It is a typical U.S. seller who rather sell and ship within U.S. If he does not list other country price, he will get lots of request to estimate the shipping price to elsewhere. Hence, he does this to avoid himself from answering all the request and not even bother to sell to others until the seller is willing to take the price.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:47 AM   #17
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Would it not be much easier to say "ships to the US only" ?

I guess the appeal of international gouging is too great.

AND HE'S BROKEN!!! Blergh!
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:57 AM   #18
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
Would it not be much easier to say "ships to the US only" ?
well, "ship to US only " does not really stop me. lol, only the shipping price.
Some seller might make an mistake for the listing or might not have experience to ship elsewhere. Hence, always take a chance to ask him and persuade him. I won't give up until he reject or list the shipping fee.

TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #19
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Yes, if there is an item I really want I just always ask if they are willing to ship to Canada. 90% of the time they will and I'd say 50% of the time they say that the price will be the same as to the USA. If you want the good deals, sometimes you have to do a little work for them heh.

As well, when a shipping calculator price is ridiculous, I'll email the seller and ask if it is accurate.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #20
Wheelie
Riding on Grimlocks back!

ROFLOL ... Sorry I got a kick out of that. Look at the users name: honest*john **coughs**bullshyte**coughs**
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote