Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 01-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: Animated Prime (Cybertron mode) : small review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Pascal is Animated optimus very loose.
Very loose as in very out of package, yes.

Very loose as in very loose joints, not at all; actually the shoulder ball joints are almost too tight (which is good in my book because they will last).

Last edited by Pascal; 01-02-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #12
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
It is a changed a little bit. He has a solid piece blue chest in Cyb form, but has 2 distinct windows similar to traditional Prime's while in Earth form... along with the addition of firetruck lights on his back.

To be honest, I first thought that they pulled another G1 "More Than Meets The Eye" when I saw the Cyb forms of the Autobots since they look *so* similar to their Earth forms. But I eventually noticed while watching the show again last night that while in Cyb form, Bulkhead has tracks on his feet & back instead of wheels, Ratchet also has tracks instead of a wheels and a slightly different chest, and that Bumblebee has differently colored areas and slighlty different arms/shoulders. Still can't see the difference of Cyb vs. Earth forms of Prowl though... or Starscream, Blitzwing & Lugnut (?) for that matter.
Then it'd be cool to have the Cybertron version of each character released at some point (at least for the ones seen in the show).
Old 01-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #13
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
It is a changed a little bit. He has a solid piece blue chest in Cyb form, but has 2 distinct windows similar to traditional Prime's while in Earth form... along with the addition of firetruck lights on his back.

To be honest, I first thought that they pulled another G1 "More Than Meets The Eye" when I saw the Cyb forms of the Autobots since they look *so* similar to their Earth forms. But I eventually noticed while watching the show again last night that while in Cyb form, Bulkhead has tracks on his feet & back instead of wheels, Ratchet also has tracks instead of a wheels and a slightly different chest, and that Bumblebee has differently colored areas and slighlty different arms/shoulders. Still can't see the difference of Cyb vs. Earth forms of Prowl though... or Starscream, Blitzwing & Lugnut (?) for that matter.

Overall it's just a similar situation to G1 - where they obviously designed the Earth forms first, but made some small hindsight Cyb alterations for sake of animation and the Cyb toy versions of Prime & Megatron.
Yeah, they're all different in their pre-earth robot modes, though with the colours almost the same, it's not obvious. Prime has differences all over his body, but particularly in his chest and shoulders. Bulkhead has very evident treads, etc...

Even Prowl is different, though his changes are the least noticeable. I think it's mostly around his legs... his earth form almost looks like he's wearing brown riding pants, while his cybertron form is sleeker and darker as I recall.

Their symbols also change... the crests on Ratchet's shoulders become medical emblems, while Bulkhead's become military stars.

I'm betting that part of the reason we only see Ultra Magnus and Sentinel Prime from the neck up is to save them from having to come up with modified Cybertron modes for them (since we already know that they'll have Earth modes).

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #14
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Then it'd be cool to have the Cybertron version of each character released at some point (at least for the ones seen in the show).
I don't think it would necessarily work. We never actually see the Cyb alt modes for Bulkhead, Prowl or Bumbles which tells me they probably couldn't (or simply didn't want to) pull them off in toy form, and the one that we do see for Ratchet looks rather thrown together and done solely for the two seconds it appears in the show. IE: someone was told just to draw tracks instead of wheels, but pretty much leave the rest of the design as-is. I have a feeling they all would look pretty much exactly the same, but just have some out of place looking treads thrown on where wheels are on their Earth forms along with different painted areas. Nothing as dramatically different as, for example, G1 Earth forms vs original War Within Cybertron forms... which is pretty much evidenced by the two Animated toys of Prime we've already seen considering how similar they are to each other.

I also think Hasbro probably deems it as a bit redundant considering their Earth forms are already so futuristic, subsequently taking the "wow" factor out of their equally futuristic looking Cyb forms. Not unlike how few differences were seen in the War Within versions of futuristic characters like Springer, Kup, Blurr, Hot Rod, Arcee, etc. If one didn't know better, it would be easy to assume their Earth forms *are* their Cyb forms.

Not trying to shoot down the idea or anything Just offering a drawn out explanation instead of bluntly saying it would likely be redundant and not worth the effort on Hasbro's part. I think the only reason they're making exceptions for Prime & Megatron are because they're Prime & Megatron... and are also 'teaser/preview' figures similar to what they did with the Movie protoforms of Prime & Starscream.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #15
Pascal
Banned

Just for fun... (btw, the reds match almost perfectly in person, the flash makes it look bad)

Old 01-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
Pascal
Banned

I just realized that you don't even have to detach the roof and axe for transformation. From truck to robot, just swing the roof to the left (the post it is pegged to can pivot) after swinging the exhaust pipes up. As for the axe, it will come up with both arms when you swing them over the head. You just need to slide the left fist off and straighten the axe.