Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #601
nickh
Beasty
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBoy View Post
I have no idea what number is next, but I'd like to sign up
Cool! PM me your first and last name, email address, and current grail, and I'll get you setup with an account, mate.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #602
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
I think it is a great idea. If you don't want to use it, it stays blank. Otherwise, it conveys information that the catalog system can't. I would certainly use it on my figures to note irregularites or unusual wear.
Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback, gagagalvatron. A "Notes" field is on our To-Do list now, since so many people say that they'd find it useful.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #603
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

and headmasters submitted for approval

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:08 AM   #604
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
and headmasters submitted for approval
Nice! What's next for you?
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:22 AM   #605
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

smallest would be a quick one lol, i have to break out the cam for some pics of them and some others,

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:31 AM   #606
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
smallest would be a quick one lol, i have to break out the cam for some pics of them and some others,
Headmasters is live! Great work, brr-icy. I've sent you an email about your next catalog. Keep up the great work!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:19 AM   #607
omegalaw
Generation 2

Power of the force 2 is done, I'm ready to move on to Shadows of the Empire
Old 01-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #608
Requateer
Armada

I don't really have a full concept in mind. Just some half-baked ideas that don't have proper purpose or direction, but I thought it was interesting enough to throw out:

Have you guys thought about some form of feature that would somehow link related toys together? Like, for example, a feature that identifies combiners that were sold individually as being meant to be together. Or a way to identify which figure in your collection that a third-party add-on kit is for.

Perhaps, if you were to Want/Have a figure that was part of a combiner team, another section would appear in that item's details popup that would prompt whether or not you would like to Want/Have its team members. You could select one team member and then you could have a scroll-out secondary details section for that member, and once you click the have/want for that team member, it scrolls back up after confirmation. If you've already previously Want/Have'd some members in the set, then they're already marked as such. This isn't just limited to combiners. Any situation where two or more figures are meant to be together but are sold separately can fit.

That's just a random brainstorm I threw out. I can already see some wrinkles you'd have to iron out (how does one group together an individually-sold team of combiners in their collection list anyway? Implement a filter? create a subline/subgroup?). Perhaps the feature would even break the current system entirely. But feel free to do whatever you want with the concept. Perhaps even go in a completely different direction. While perhaps not necessary for making a collection list, I'm sure that it'd be handy in one manifestation or another: Somebody looking at their collection and wanting the RiD Build Team to be grouped together and identified as such; Somebody placing a Want on Cybertron LeoBreaker and then finding out he's listed as an upgrade for Cybertron Prime, giving him a huge fist, making him want the toy even more; Somebody having just bought a G1 Ironhide catalogs it as a Have, and while doing so, immediately places a Want for a head upgrade set so he can begin his hunt for it immediately...

God, that was incredibly long-winded.
tl;dr - Linking together figures in a set that are packaged separately: worth looking into?

Last edited by Requateer; 01-01-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Requateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #609
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requateer View Post
I don't really have a full concept in mind. Just some half-baked ideas that don't have proper purpose or direction, but I thought it was interesting enough to throw out:

Have you guys thought about some form of feature that would somehow link related toys together? Like, for example, a feature that identifies combiners that were sold individually as being meant to be together. Or a way to identify which figure in your collection that a third-party add-on kit is for.

Perhaps, if you were to Want/Have a figure that was part of a combiner team, another section would appear in that item's details popup that would prompt whether or not you would like to Want/Have its team members. You could select one team member and then you could have a scroll-out secondary details section for that member, and once you click the have/want for that team member, it scrolls back up after confirmation. If you've already previously Want/Have'd some members in the set, then they're already marked as such. This isn't just limited to combiners. Any situation where two or more figures are meant to be together but are sold separately can fit.

That's just a random brainstorm I threw out. I can already see some wrinkles you'd have to iron out (how does one group together an individually-sold team of combiners in their collection list anyway? Implement a filter? create a subline/subgroup?). Perhaps the feature would even break the current system entirely. But feel free to do whatever you want with the concept. Perhaps even go in a completely different direction. While perhaps not necessary for making a collection list, I'm sure that it'd be handy in one manifestation or another: Somebody looking at their collection and wanting the RiD Build Team to be grouped together and identified as such; Somebody placing a Want on Cybertron LeoBreaker and then finding out he's listed as an upgrade for Cybertron Prime, giving him a huge fist, making him want the toy even more; Somebody having just bought a G1 Ironhide catalogs it as a Have, and while doing so, immediately places a Want for a head upgrade set so he can begin his hunt for it immediately...

God, that was incredibly long-winded.
tl;dr - Linking together figures in a set that are packaged separately: worth looking into?
Awesome...love to see our members thinking deeply on how to improve the system and mold it into your ultimate collection resource. The most likely solution is that we will proceed with our evolution of our You May Also Like functionality and provide a pulldown menu to allow you to fine tune which connection premise we are using to make recommendations on the fly.

Keep the thoughts and interactions coming!...we're now in countdown mode for ecommerce before the end of the month so you'll want to make sure your B/S/T threads are fully inputted. If you need catalogues to allow that, let us know!

Happy New Year!

James
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #610
Slayback
Animated

happy new year folks.
just a question - the icon that is for the catalogues -what size can they be? because i made mine 5in by 5in and its showing up tiny :P so lmk what pixel dimensions or whatever it can be and i'll reform it.

Also - when you input text -let's say in the seller's comments -why is the editing/format not similar to how its inputted?

for example i've put the techspec description of the fig -but instead of indents and line spacing -it throws it all in as 1 paragraph.

Any way of getting around that or are we stuck with that?

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815

Last edited by Slayback; 01-01-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collecting, shelflife