Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-30-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
TFtoys
Animated
Any risk to bring K.O. TF back from the boarder

I know some of the board members like to mail the items to U.S. to save the cost. I just wonder if custom finds out the K.O. toys that I brought from ebay and try to bring those back to Canada?

Don't assume that Custom knows nothing about the TF. They actually stop me once, and ask me what Transformers that I bring back....
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
venksta
Render Project Creations
Re: Any risk to bring K.O. TF back from the boarder

I don't see how they would know a TF is a KO. As long as you have receipts for everything, that should be good enough, in case they search you car and question the contents they find. I think the worse that can happen, bringing back TFs, is if you have multiples of the same figure. Then they could get you on going down on your trip for business purposes. As they would think or know you plan to sell the multiple figures.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:35 AM   #3
TFtoys
Animated

I think the package does tell by itself for its K.O ness ...or maybe I should play clam?
Old 04-30-2010, 03:43 AM   #4
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
I think the package does tell by itself for its K.O ness ...or maybe I should play clam?
Well, like even if they search your car, the only thing they'll care about is if you have the reciept for the KO, as proof of purchase. Now, if you had like 20 of the same KO, they might take a closer look, lol. But the average boarder guard won't care if its a KO or not. They'll just know we're collectors. To them, all they'll see is a toy.

The last time I got searched, on my way back, me and my friend bought two headheads and skfalls each. The guards searched my car for drugs and firearms. They saw all the toys we were bringing up, and didn't do anything, except to see the receipt. Whats funny is we brought back over $400 of stuff, and we didn't get taxed. So as far as the board guards and customs go, the KO is just a toy to them, unless its hiding drugs, or transforms into a Walter P-38.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
TFtoys
Animated

ic. In addition to the receipt, the "K.O." is within the title of the listing that I want to bid.

Even not 20 of the same items, Custom checked me and questioned me about the "homemade" receipt from the sellers and why I have 4 or 5 different items but within 80 bucks (of course, they are on sale so I brought them, why is it so hard to believe?). Apparently, the officer must have some knowledge about "Transformers" and asked me are those G1 figures?
I learned my lessen at that time and try to print the listing, the ebay transaction and even paypal transaction. However, it still left me a scratch that I try not to ship to US if not necessary.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Would the "KO" be illegal if your not reselling it? I guess it might be(if its something Hasbro has maintained a copyright on) but the chances a border guard will care or know are very, very slim.

I've brought back lots of stuff in the trunk from stores like Value Lots and never had an issue.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Richter
Nexus Maximus

They won't care

At all

Unless you're buying knockoff guns or nuclear material, they couldn't care less about some stupid toys.

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
Dinoboob
Generation 1

They are not going to care if it is KO or not. Trying to pass off receipts that you wrote is just wrong. Always print your auction invoice and use that as proof of purchase any time you are trying to bring something over.

Much of the time they are not going to even care. I have brought over more than $800 in TFs and as long as you declare all of it, most of the time they are not even going to make you pay for it. As soon as you start to look shifty or nervous, they are going to start asking questions. Just be honest and don't try and BS them. That is the fastest, quickest and easiest way across the border. They are trained to see signs of fear.
Dinoboob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:27 AM   #9
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoboob View Post
They are not going to care if it is KO or not. Trying to pass off receipts that you wrote is just wrong. Always print your auction invoice and use that as proof of purchase any time you are trying to bring something over.

Much of the time they are not going to even care. I have brought over more than $800 in TFs and as long as you declare all of it, most of the time they are not even going to make you pay for it. As soon as you start to look shifty or nervous, they are going to start asking questions. Just be honest and don't try and BS them. That is the fastest, quickest and easiest way across the border. They are trained to see signs of fear.
Some of the friends' trading across the boarder might not have the ebay listing to print. And sometimes the items were shipped in different time with the same sellers. Hence, I might not bring all of them back with me within one trip from one copy of the transaction. Then, I asked the seller to make a separated transaction for me.
I assumed the key is to look more confident.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:58 AM   #10
Icetron

Why does it matter if you're bringing KOs back? I doubt they would care, they would just think it's a toy. Besides, it's not like you're the one making it anyways.