Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #2521
starsaber89
Generation 2
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Maybe don't bother amazon employees during the most stressful time of the year with stuff they obviously cannot do anything about.
If you were standing in a long line to buy an extremely limited item when suddenly a new line up opens telling new customers that they can get their items way faster, mean while telling the current customers standing in line, "we don't know when or if we will have enough for you" wouldn't you say something about it?

Here's my second question to you, say you did ask the employees what was going on and suddenly out of nowhere a stranger comes up to you and says, "Hey man, you shouldn't bother the employees on the most stressful time of the year even though they maybe selling the item you were standing in line ages for to other customers. They obviously can't do anything about it." How would you feel about this stranger?

Last edited by starsaber89; 12-02-2020 at 02:22 PM.
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #2522
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Maybe don't bother amazon employees during the most stressful time of the year with stuff they obviously cannot do anything about.

you get nowhere without trying

and stating that customers shouldn't bother customer service with questions regarding orders is just... silly to say the least
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #2523
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsaber89 View Post
If you were standing in a long line to buy an extremely limited item when suddenly a new line up opens telling new customers that they can get their items way faster, mean while telling the current customers standing in line, "we don't know when or if we will have enough for you" wouldn't you say something about it?

sometimes Canadians are so polite that they allow detriment to themselves happen without lifting a finger, its an absurd mind set.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #2524
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

First off, I want to clarify that I'm not saying don't contact customer service. That's obviously the right thing to do and it's their job to address these issues. But try to be reasonable about it, because there is very frequently not much they can do other than offering you a credit.

I think his point was that the customer service employees literally can't do anything to fix the problem, all they can offer is an apology and a credit. So giving them a hard time is just making their life worse and not actually getting you your toys any faster.

He's right about the holidays. I don't work for Amazon but I work in the shipping industry and it's living hell during this season, and has been for most of the year because of the pandemic. Amazon treats their employees horribly. So while I hate that this whole exclusive situation is happening with lost, damaged and improperly packaged items, I understand why it's happening. I am horrified thinking about what it must be like working at Halton Hills. I imagine they're just desperately doing whatever they can to keep up with the impossible demands the higher ups are putting on them. And some have probably given up, hence the lazy labels slapped onto the product packaging.

Just some perspective to think about. Obviously we're all collectors here, I'm waiting on a Prowl/Ironhide set too and it's a frustrating situation but at the end of the day they're just toys. They'll hopefully show up when they show up. If not, oh well. We can complain to Hasbro about their exclusives, and Amazon as a company has a lot to answer for, but complaining excessively to Amazon employees who don't even work in the same department and literally have no power to fix the situation accomplishes nothing other than making them feel worse. The real bad guys here are the idiots at the top of the food chain who ask for too much work for too little pay and poor working conditions.

Let's not forget there's a pandemic going on, and it has delayed everything. Things will get here when they get here. If they don't you get a refund or a credit and it sucks but that's life sometimes. We don't always get everything we want. Maybe Hasbro will realize how crappy distribution has been and make them available again.

Last edited by kirbenvost; 12-02-2020 at 03:38 PM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #2525
delrue
Crossover

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also looks like the clone two packs are shipping. Says out of Mississauga, but my order will be going straight Canada post not through any couriers.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #2526
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:

Also looks like the clone two packs are shipping. Says out of Mississauga, but my order will be going straight Canada post not through any couriers.
Mine says arriving today, fingers crossed no problems!
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #2527
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:

My card got declined, lol. Too many toys this year. Oh well, when they cancel it that opens up another order for someone else. Hopefully I can still get one eventually.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #2528
delrue
Crossover

Still says they're in stock so maybe the clones won't be in demand enough that you'll be able to get them on sale again.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:15 PM   #2529
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Still says they're in stock so maybe the clones won't be in demand enough that you'll be able to get them on sale again.
Hopefully. I really only want it for Fastlane because I already have Cloudraker from the previous release.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #2530
AgeofTransformers
Generation 1

Bunch of my Autobot Clones shipped out last night and arrived at my place this afternoon.
Also recieved my order of Gigawatts aswell...hoping everything is intact and good cause my last few dealing with Amazon have gone pretty sideways.
AgeofTransformers is offline   Reply With Quote