Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: A review of BH Ultimate Prime and Predaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I prefer Prime over Predaking, since Predaking barely transforms and has boring gimmicks. Predaking's biggest feature is looking good.
How many primes we have? I don't need another bad looking expensive prime in my collection. While cool looking super size dragon, I would love to have, that's my reason.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #12
ohnaji
Beasty

Picked up both figures recently, and I'm enjoying them. Ult. Predaking is definitely an improvement over it's voyager incarnation, even with a more simplistic transformation. Wings are impressive but they do tend to pop off for me when I adjust them. Always appreciate ankle rockers, but I just wish it had more up and down movement as it's very slight.
I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having with that massive goofy Tonka-toy like Optimus. The rounded edges on this figure really makes this thing more dynamic especially for heroic battle ready poses and it's sheer massiveness is impressive. I like the interesting turret gimmick but those missiles it comes packed with are terrible. I wish it had some sort of ankle articulation though.
Just in case Ult. Optimus owners didn't know, the lever activating the turret in robot mold can be flipped all the way down in vehicle mode. It's a little thing but it does improve truck mode slightly.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #13
justprime
Animated

ALL I can say as I have picked them both up as well, was that prime felt like really cheap ko plastic in paticular the wheels and could have stood more paint apps
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #14
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
How many primes we have?
Never enough for me.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #15
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnaji View Post
Just in case Ult. Optimus owners didn't know, the lever activating the turret in robot mold can be flipped all the way down in vehicle mode. It's a little thing but it does improve truck mode slightly.
Awesome find, I didn't like how he had two sets of claws in truck mode!!!!

Last edited by Pascal; 06-10-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
joshimus
Metroplex

For me, there is something about Ultimate Predaking I love. Sure he's really at the end of the day nothing special, but he looks really good in both modes and that really is enough for me. Granted I fully plan on customizing him once I actually have free time...which I don't have until maybe Monday...which is not exaggerating either.
On my projects list, U Prime, U Predaking and finally found a second Prid Rumble to Frenzify.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote