Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 05-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Thumbs up Pict. Review: PE-11 SFX Scouting Force X Camera Set

Hi there!

Glad to bring you another Pictorial review.

Today's review: PE-11 SFX Scouting Force X Camera Set

Man am I thrilled about this set, forget the review, just got and get it if you dont have it already!

Not convinced? *sigh* Alright, here's some picts and gibberish in between them that might make you wanna buy it.

So here's the Box and the assembled Camera, this is what you get:

The instruction altho are somewhat clear to understand perfectly... they are also quite a mess... I mean it shows pretty much all the essential and what can be done with all the parts, but there's no steps by steps or anything... but I guess since you can do SO MANY POSSIBILITIES with all the parts that otherwise the instruction sheet would've turned out into a quite thick manual. LOL

And here's everything once its broken down and separated... HOLY GEEZ That's a LOT of stuff!!! They are their own little army! Thats what I love about them... they are ready to make their own little war. a Trio of miniature little Badass Rambots

EVERY parts fits some place, somewhere on all 3 bots, thats one thing I REALLLLY love, nothing is left apart.

you can store the knives... *ahem* on their butt cheeks, with the little knife holder, the arm guards of one are part of the zoom lens, the shoulder pads of one are made from the flash, the shoulder pads of another comes from the camera top... eye, thinggy... the shield is actually the plate that goes under the camera, the tripod become a rotative machine gun, the jet pack is both ends of a zoom lens... there's so many things you can do and customize to your liking... and since all 3 robots are practically identical (beside the chest of one and all 3 having red, blue, green colors on their arms... just like the original G1, you can put guns and jet pack and shoulder pads and all on pretty much any of them. AWESOME CUSTOMIZATION!

Transformation is just Genius as to how everything goes Everywhere... it's just incredible, nothing is left apart. Here: the tripod machine gun detached, its handle will be the piece that holds the Flash shoulder pads, the sniper rifle is broken down into 3 pieces...

Tripod and Flash assembled:

The sniper parts and a knife fits inside the Shield which will become the under plating of the Camera:

The zoom lens is actually made of all 3 guns (here only shown 2... sorry I'll get back to that later*), 2 knifes, the arms pads, and the jetpack:

You will need to fit all 3 guns inside the jetpack, there are little holes where the gun barrels plugs into, the knifes plugs into the arms pads:

(to be continued)

Last edited by Slave; 05-07-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Re: Pict. Review: PE-11 SFX Scouting Force X Camera Set

Then you close the jetpack to form a barrel, and you patch the arm pads to block the holes... everything fits incredibly tight, pads plugs both into the barrel and into the guns... its a marvel of engineering and tightness I tell you (and I'll get back to that later*):

And as for the robots, all three of them bares a LOT in common with previous PE's figures, so they have the very same great articulations and everything. And as for the Transformation, all 3 transforms the very same way, shoulders are lowered inside their waist, arms are raised on the back, and the legs clips over the arms... Awesome!

and then you plug them side to side, with the middle one facing you, and the other 2 turned back:

Then you take all that is left, and it's pretty self explanatory (again I'll get back to the lone gun on the side*):

Take the shield, it has both Pegs and Clamps, the pegs goes... err... in their @$$... really... and the clamps somewhat clips over their crotches... but here's my first complaint: it clips VERY LIGHTLY and unclips if you look at it too much... the slightest vibration seems to unclip the clamps off their crotches... it's annoying but once you get it to clips, you be verrrrrrry carefull for it not to pop out.

Put what was once the shoulder pads of the camera's eye... thinggy... together and then peg it on the middle robot's head for a fugly hat. Yay!... Although the shoulder pads doesnt hold too good with each other, once it's pegged on the head, its pretty solid:

Another hat to place on the robot, this one the flash goes over the head of the robot on the right... although I guess it could go either way left or right...

And finally the tripod plugs into the shield:

VOILĂ€! Your are done and ready to play with your new toy!!! :-)

*Ok Getting back at the photo with 2 guns and the part I says that everything is INCREDIBLY TIGHT... When I was making this review, I never been able to put the 3rd gun inside the Zoom lens... heck in the instruction sheet it only showed 2 guns inside the zoom lens... I tried really hard to put the 3rd gun inside of it and it didnt worked... OK I was afraid to break it... really the zoom lens feels flimsy, but its not, its actually quite solid. But still I take care of my TFs and I was afraid to break it so I stopped and looked Where else I could fit that 3rd gun, the instruction doesnt mentions the third gun AT ALL.. I tried the shield and all and nowhere did that 3rd gun go... So I figured it was a REALLY STUPID mistake that Perfect Effect made by not including one single gun to not fit in the transformation... it was nit-picky from my part, but it pissed me off to think that Everything had a magical place that it would fit and hide, but one stupid gun was left out the transformation... but after more investigation... I finally succeeded in placing the 3rd gun inside the Zoom lens, for those who will buy the PE-11 SFX Scouting Force X Camera Set here's a photo of how it fits inside the zoom lens. Notice the 3 peg holes, you stick the gun barrels in there, but place one gun up, middle gun down, and 3rd gun up... IT'S INCREDIBLY TIGHT the middle gun really loves to pop out and jump out of its hole like a toaster would pop the bread out (REALLY) but it fits!:

I was taking major points off simply because of that leftover gun, but now that I figured it out... Seriously I dont see anything bad about this... Perfect Effect have made a piece of art out of that PE-11 SFX Scouting Force X Camera Set.

Should you get it??? If you haven't already ordered yours, and are not really convinced... even hesitating... I'd get it... I'm giving this set a perfect score... it's just an awesome piece of collection, an awesome piece of engineering, it's just Wow!

I was looking at this set and the upcoming set of TFC... even though TFC is a modernized version which I respect, I still think that PE-11 SFX Scouting Force X Camera Set will still be superior. Major customization if you want to play around and pose the trio. The engineering is a piece of art. The transformation is fun... so many items, guns, knifes, shields, etc... its just awesome. (But I will still get the TFC Camera set too when it'll come out and do a comparison lol)

Hope you enjoyed this review!

"Hey! Lemme check too!"

Bruticus: "My Myspace Photo is Awesome!"

Damn it's too big for any of my TF to hold it

Last edited by Slave; 05-07-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
J-Ko
G1

Awesome review!
This figure has me drooling already... o_O
Old 05-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

mine is on it's way. Crossed the border yesterday
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Starwarpcracker
Generation 1

Cool review Slave So are these bots even close to standing 3-inches tall?
Starwarpcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwarpcracker View Post
Cool review Slave So are these bots even close to standing 3-inches tall?
Very same size as the previous PE figures really lol... not 3 inches, but missing a little to be 3 inches
Old 05-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Most detailed review I've seen so far...very helpful. Can't wait for these little guyz...
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
Starwarpcracker
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave View Post
Very same size as the previous PE figures really lol... not 3 inches, but missing a little to be 3 inches
hehe, nice....... man, these things are tiny, closer to WST size than anything.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

yes! thats what I love, they are WST but really articulated haha ;-)
Old 05-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
Starwarpcracker
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave View Post
yes! thats what I love, they are WST but really articulated haha ;-)
Yeah, the articulation is great.

Tags
camera, perfect effect, scouting force, slave