Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #281
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: (SPOILERS ALLOWED) Transformers RoTF Your Reviews

Low brower...lol

Ace Ventura 2 was a massive disappointment though...except for the Rhino birthing scene...that still makes me laugh...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #282
onecoin
Banned

To this day, I still get nightmares from when Carey turns Young around.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #283
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Low brower...lol

Ace Ventura 2 was a massive disappointment though...except for the Rhino birthing scene...that still makes me laugh...
If we're generous we can equate the low brow-ness of both films. Would that mean Ace Ventura 2 should be considered a Transformers Beast Wars movie?

Beasties certainly had alot of bathroom humour that fits perfectly with Ventura.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #284
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

But a human coming out of Rinox could be a little hard to take... :P
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #285
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Remember the episode 'The Low Road'?
I think Ace coming out of him wouldn't be a big stretch! (except for the stretch marks)

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #286
onecoin
Banned

The use of lowbrow humour seems to be a point of contention for ROTF. And I believe that I’ve said low brow crap has no place in an ROTF. I want to recant that and say that lowbrow can have a place in all movies, even a transformers one. But the actual lowbrow humour here was misplace, cheap and just so lowest common denominator it was embarrassing.

The low brow stuff here was just such garbage in “this” movie. Assuming you like the lowbrow stuff its can actually be pretty funny. But assuming you like it the lowbrow humour here would be funny in any movie.

- Two dogs humping
- A mother on a brownie trip
- calling someone pussy
- tasering someone in the balls
- leg humping
- guy walking around in his boxers
- girls facing crushing guys balls
- acting failing to like they’re black (ie wigger)
etc.

That shit would be funny if it was in any movie. If I was watching Star Wars, or the Godfather or Schindlers list, and I saw someone getting tasered in the balls, first I would be like “wtf” but I would laugh, assuming that I laugh at that stuff. In word association when someone says transformers is anyone really gonna answer “humping,” or “pot,” or “pussy?” Lowbrow or not is a matter of taste. But good humour, even if lowbrow, would have commented on the Transformers or the situations they were in. Even though I didn’t like it. BB pissing on simmons at least tuned into the characters. This movie had a few moments like it, like the “testicles,” which I would have appreciated more if it didn’t feel like they introduced devastator just to make that joke.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #287
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I simply could have done with less of it. I did enjoy most of the humor in TFTM 1, but this turned it up a notch.

It doesn't ruin the film for me, but it did make it a little less enjoyable at times. The lowbrow humor was far from the worst offence in my mind though.

The vanishing characters and strange creative decisions topped my issues. While there were still large portions of the film that I really enjoyed it was incredibly difficult to lose Mudflap, Skids and Wheelie with no explanation, not to mention that Barricade never resurfaces.

Honestly why take the time to insert clones of Blackout and Bonecrusher when completed CGI for both Barricade and Sideways could have been used.

In Barricade's case it would have added additional continuity with the first film and in Sideway's case it would have made for a real character instead of simple cannon fodder.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote