Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-06-2016, 11:43 PM   #41
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Toys"R"Us 1/2 Off Combiner Wars Voyager Class Nov 4th-17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
I think that this is the best opportunity for getting toys for the x-mass toy drive this year. There's usually a big sale on transformers in October where my wife and I buy toys for the toy drive, but none were evident this year (unless I missed it?).

I encourage other people to get one $10 toy for some kid.
Great idea!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:41 AM   #42
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

I don't mind buying a Motormaster or BC Optimus Prime and donating it, though it seems wrong on some level to me to give something like that to a kid, when a good portion of the fandom considers those figures to be below average and not really fun to pose/play with.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #43
soundwave1976
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlemanjoshua View Post
How?
I went to the electronics department and showed him the flyer online and inquired if he could do the price match that TRU had voyager class Transformers on sale for $9.97 and he said sure! Score!
soundwave1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #44
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave1976 View Post
I went to the electronics department and showed him the flyer online and inquired if he could do the price match that TRU had voyager class Transformers on sale for $9.97 and he said sure! Score!
You coulda added, "Hey look, the mask doesn't even touch the face!"
For an extra 5$ off!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #45
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
I don't mind buying a Motormaster or BC Optimus Prime and donating it, though it seems wrong on some level to me to give something like that to a kid, when a good portion of the fandom considers those figures to be below average and not really fun to pose/play with.
That's silly. They're fun toys. An eight year old will have a blast.

The torso mode us flawed. Not unfair. I still enjoy the combined mode. Honestly thought I think the robot mode is great.

It's a big ass transformer that is a truck and a robot. It has a giant sword or some sweet guns. Its disappointing only to the picky adult collector.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #46
ninjha
Machine War

What was the torso controversy?
ninjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #47
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjha View Post
What was the torso controversy?
There are three main complaints about Motormaster as a torso:

The leg proportions are out of whack. And the way that his thighs assemble and connect to the limbs means he has very limited lower body articulation.

Second the way you connect the arm limbs to his shoulders is not very solid at all and tends to come unclipped when moving Menasor's arms.

Third is that the pegs supposed to hold blackjack in place are designed poorly and do not do the job.

It all adds up to a combiner who is floppy and frustrating. I still like menasor but he's significantly less fun to play with then superior or defensor. Mm is clearly less successful and stable as a torso compared to silverbolt, hot spot or even sky lynx. Menasor does end up with the biggest combiner mode, broad shoulders and powerful looking.

YMMV. But it's still a good kids toy and maybe succeeds better as a normal transformer. I really like Motormaster.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:43 PM   #48
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
That's silly. They're fun toys. An eight year old will have a blast.

The torso mode us flawed. Not unfair. I still enjoy the combined mode. Honestly thought I think the robot mode is great.

It's a big ass transformer that is a truck and a robot. It has a giant sword or some sweet guns. Its disappointing only to the picky adult collector.
Well, fair enough, if we're looking at Motormaster as a standalone figure on his own merits, ignoring his combiner aspect. He's a pretty decent toy on his own, though in my opinion, Silverbolt and his retools are the best torso bots to play with as standalone figures.

Still, I wonder if it'll disappoint a kid to give him only a torso bot and no limbs, and said kid probably figuring his chances of getting the limb bots are slim.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #49
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Well, fair enough, if we're looking at Motormaster as a standalone figure on his own merits, ignoring his combiner aspect. He's a pretty decent toy on his own, though in my opinion, Silverbolt and his retools are the best torso bots to play with as standalone figures.

Still, I wonder if it'll disappoint a kid to give him only a torso bot and no limbs, and said kid probably figuring his chances of getting the limb bots are slim.
If a kid who normally doesn't collect one I'm sure they would enjoy it regardless if they have the set or one piece.

$10 is a great price for what you get, also considering what other toys you get for $10... not much.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #50
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Well, if it's a kid that doesn't get much, I'm sure they'll be happy they got anything at all.

When I was a kid, I only had 2 of the Constructicons, Hook and Scavenger. I played the F out of them and enjoyed every moment. Sure it would have been nice to have them all, but it didn't prevent me from enjoying what I had.

In fact, I cherished things more. Of the Transformers I got when I was a kid, I still have everything that went along with them, the paperwork, the sticker sheets, the box, the insert etc.

I think adults, me included, sometimes forget that kids can make fun with what ever they have. IMHO a lot of times, they don't want for much until they see another kid with something more.

Tags
combiner wars, cyclonus, onslaught, optimus, transformers