Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-24-2016, 06:41 PM   #331
ccsquinty
Generation 2
Re: MP-27 Ironhide... Shipping/Release Speculation and Enthusiasm Thread

Including shipping, approx in cdn... How much did you pay for your mp ironhide? Too lazy to check ae since i paid long time ago... Lol
ccsquinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:30 AM   #332
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsquinty View Post
Including shipping, approx in cdn... How much did you pay for your mp ironhide? Too lazy to check ae since i paid long time ago... Lol
Well cost from AmiAmi via SAL Registered was $104 after exchange

But then CBSA and CP joined the party and assessed an additional $28.22 between Duty, HST and Handling fee. This brought the total to $132.

Turns out they misclassified the package as containing Ceramic resulting in them charging me $6 in duty which a Plastic toy would normally be exempt from. Once I get the refund my total will be $126

The way I look at it even with the duty the cost to purchase it from a North American retailer (at $89.99USD) plus shipping and exchange would be about $140. So in the end shipping from Japan still saved me $14

I've been preordering MP's direct from Japan for more than a year now and I always manage to save at least a little (and sometimes a lot) over preorders from BBTS/TFSource.

What I saved on Ironhide is the least I've managed to save and that is likely because some idiot put a sticker over the contents description which I imagine caused customs to stop and take a closer look.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #333
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post
Well cost from AmiAmi via SAL Registered was $104 after exchange

But then CBSA and CP joined the party and assessed an additional $28.22 between Duty, HST and Handling fee. This brought the total to $132.

Turns out they misclassified the package as containing Ceramic resulting in them charging me $6 in duty which a Plastic toy would normally be exempt from. Once I get the refund my total will be $126

The way I look at it even with the duty the cost to purchase it from a North American retailer (at $89.99USD) plus shipping and exchange would be about $140. So in the end shipping from Japan still saved me $14

I've been preordering MP's direct from Japan for more than a year now and I always manage to save at least a little (and sometimes a lot) over preorders from BBTS/TFSource.

What I saved on Ironhide is the least I've managed to save and that is likely because some idiot put a sticker over the contents description which I imagine caused customs to stop and take a closer look.
That sucks to get ding, but at least at the end it comes cheaper than us imports.

Im just curious, does any of ur japanese pre-orders come with coins?
garu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #334
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by garu View Post
That sucks to get ding, but at least at the end it comes cheaper than us imports.

Im just curious, does any of ur japanese pre-orders come with coins?
You've asked about this and people told you no. Japanese versions from Takara Tomy do not come with coin. The coin is just a cheap bonus offered by Hasbro Asia because Hasbro doesn't want stores and customers in the Far East to order the Japanese versions from Takara.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:58 PM   #335
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
You've asked about this and people told you no. Japanese versions from Takara Tomy do not come with coin. The coin is just a cheap bonus offered by Hasbro Asia because Hasbro doesn't want stores and customers in the Far East to order the Japanese versions from Takara.
I did ask but only one person replied. And i have seen other places in this forum that they received it. Just to want to b sure. And when u say hasbro asia, dont they just mostly sell the same takara product and box?
But thanks for the clarification

Last edited by garu; 02-25-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:03 PM   #336
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
I did ask but only one person replied. And i have seen other places in this forum that they received it. Just to want to b sure. And when u say hasbro asia, dont they just mostly sell the same takara product and box?
But thanks for the clarification
No Problem. Hasbro Asia I believe is a "special task force" set up by Hasbro to counter the grey market in the Far East. Because of free trade importers and customer's preference for "Japanese versions", Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and now the big money tree China have always imported a lot Japanese products from Japan directly. But the deal between Hasbro and Takara Tomy is that Hasbro will have the international distribution and branding right of TF except Japan where Takara Tomy has full control over their TF licences and product developments. But the grey market in the Far East is so huge that Hasbro wants a share so Hasbro Asia was set up to distribute Takara products in the Far East on behalf of Takara. And they throw in the cheap bonus coins. Sometime Hasbro Asia manages to get Takara to make exclusive products like MP-11SW which is not available even in Japan (and thus causing all the nerd rage due to their extremely high price for very limited production)

It's almost bad business if you ask me.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 02-25-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #337
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Paid $113.71 CND for Ironhide Shipped from N-Y. Paid for 2-3 week trackable shipping and got it in less than a week
Old 02-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #338
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
No Problem. Hasbro Asia I believe is a "special task force" set up by Hasbro to counter the grey market in the Far East. Because of free trade importers and customer's preference for "Japanese versions", Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and now the big money tree China have always imported a lot Japanese products from Japan directly. But the deal between Hasbro and Takara Tomy is that Hasbro will have the international distribution and branding right of TF except Japan where Takara Tomy has full control over their TF licences and product developments. But the grey market in the Far East is so huge that Hasbro wants a share so Hasbro Asia was set up to distribute Takara products in the Far East on behalf of Takara. And they throw in the cheap bonus coins. Sometime Hasbro Asia manages to get Takara to make exclusive products like MP-11SW which is not available even in Japan (and thus causing all the nerd rage due to their extremely high price for very limited production)
So its pretty much like "if" bandai of america want to have bandai of japan products in asia thus creating bandai of asia. But in reality they are 3 different entities.

It's almost bad business if you ask me.
So let me get it straight, so basically anywhere in asia but japan is getting the products from "hasbro asia" with the takara product and packaging on top? And takara is exclusif to japan and they cant control their product being distributed outide of japan? Its kind of mess up. And oh well, too bad for the coin even tho its nice addition but it also means higher price than the original "takara" takara. Its sad but the coin doesnt come with the hasbro mp releases so doesnt bother me too much then.
So technically, hasbro asia is a version bandai of asia but a lot more rip off.

Last edited by garu; 02-25-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:25 PM   #339
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
So let me get it straight, so basically anywhere in asia but japan is getting the products from "hasbro asia" with the takara product and packaging on top? And takara is exclusif to japan and they cant control their product being distributed outide of japan? Its kind of mess up. And oh well, too bad for the coin even tho its nice addition but it also means higher price than the original "takara" takara. Its sad but the coin doesnt come with the hasbro mp releases so doesnt bother me too much then.
It's actually all very convoluted. I just order Takara MP and other Japanese toys/models/figures directly from Japanese online stores. I save money and I get to have the toys I want. I don't even bother with Hasbro any more with their lazy arse figures and jacked-up retail price.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #340
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
It's actually all very convoluted. I just order Takara MP and other Japanese toys/models/figures directly from Japanese online stores. I save money and I get to have the toys I want. I don't even bother with Hasbro any more with their lazy arse figures and jacked-up retail price.
I totally agree with u especially with repaint wars and their shelfwarming edition. Thats the main reason i dont collect anything outside of the mp line with the exception of repaint wars g1 megatron. But u get good deals with their mp especially the 30% off on starscream and cleanrance price items . I was able to get hasbro bluestreak for less than the takara price. Besides that, importing is a good option but its going crazy with the yen increasing. Ironhide for around 9000 yen with shipping and thats over 100 with exchange.

Last edited by garu; 02-25-2016 at 04:41 PM.