Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-16-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan
Movie Toys. What do you think so far?

Well now that movie toys have hit most of the Dominion what do you think of the line so far overall?

In my opinion I'm pretty happy so far with what I've seen. Like Cybertron and Alts, the movie stuff has really peaked my interest in TF's in a way that really hasn't happened since the BW/BM era. Even toys like the Protoforms which I thought looks terrible at first have really knocked my socks off. Though I have felt the same way about other lines like Alternators, the movie stuff has really been the first line since BM that I have really had an overwhelming desire to complete as they just all look so good, and I really have yet to be disappointed.

So what are everyone else's first impressions?
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
kidkid
Re: Movie Toys. What do you think so far?

If u really focus on the details on the figures....the quality are WAY WAY better than the previous lines.....Even better than the Classic Deluxe....no joke. Now i just hope the movie won't disappoint me that's all.
kidkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #3
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I got Optimus, Ratchet and Blackout...out of 10 I rate Optimus a 9, Ratchet a 7.5, and Blackout a 7

Only disappointment I have with Prime is the fact that its not the same transformation as the movie character and the rear wheels get annoying and look off in robot mode, otherwise transmormation is impressive and the feet transformation alone is something special.

Ratchet needs a gun, end of story something to fight back with otherwise all he has is a roofrack clamp (useless, he doesn't even hold it) or what I presume is a medical tool that replaces his right hand (doesn't look like any medical instrument I've seen). Otherwise interesting transformation but the lack of any imposing posture lost him points.

Blackout on the other hand is a great figure that loses many points again to not having a weapon (other then shoulder missles, and scorponok) but I don't even think he has one in the movie (*cough soundwaves). He lost most of his points to his size...he's smaller then Ratchet since when was a transformed Hummer H2 larger then a transformed MH-53? I know most people wouldn't like this but and ultra class would have been perfect for this figure and maybe even for optimus and megatron (but hasbro wants that extra $20 from you for the leaders...). Blackout also lost points on the rotor mechanism that spins that blades which is cool but stop puching it and less then 2 seconds later it stops spinning (unlike bulkhead or evac that spun for a while). His final point deduction came from the pegs that hold him in helicopter mode aren't tight enough (legs come out when spinning rotor) or the pegs in robot mode won't hold at all (the back of the cockpit should click into the ventral side of the rotor). Still a nice figure but didn't get the love it deserved.

Last edited by GMfan; 05-16-2007 at 11:31 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Right now I'm still disbelieving the assertion from the manager at the nearby TRU that they don't have anything.

Don't have anything. SUURE.

Although if someone can confirm or deny this I'll be a lot happier.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #5
kidkid

GMfan101:
ya...it has always been like that. The scale on transformers is what I always concern the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
Right now I'm still disbelieving the assertion from the manager at the nearby TRU that they don't have anything.

Don't have anything. SUURE.

Although if someone can confirm or deny this I'll be a lot happier.
I went to Zellers, I saw only 1 Real Gear left on the shelf...the guy who works there say "oh, that's all we got." That's totally bs, they just don't care that's all.

Last edited by kidkid; 05-16-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 PM   #6
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Actually Zellers would rather put it on top of the shelf then keep it in the back they pretty much put everything they got out when they can.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
RedOktobre
Alternator

Initially, I did not like any of the robot modes of the movie toys because:

1. robot heads were ugly and skeleton-like
2. many do not have guns and/or projectile weapons (I love projectile weapons on my 'bots)
3. the "style" of the robots & corresponding transformation were very different from past lines

However, I did like:

1. the detailed and proportionate vehicle modes
2. the break from traditional robot mode style

In the end, I need some time to "adjust" to the new movie toys. I pretty much like most of them now! I guess that my experience is similar to new hit songs. Sometimes, you need to "get used" to it before you like it.

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #8
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I got the Blackout TF last week, I was really disappointed by it, it was like no articulation and no accessories, other than that piece of Rubber mini Scorponok.

I don't think I'll be buying any other TF movie toys.

On a side note, I have a Blackout for sale at $25!
(Heh, shameless advertising...)
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:49 PM   #9
kidkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_rage View Post
other than that piece of Rubber mini Scorponok.
LOL

Oh, by far, if u ask me, I think Real Gear is the worst, but i think i will still get them...9.99 is over price.

Last edited by kidkid; 05-16-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:57 PM   #10
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Don't base your judgement of the movie line off Blackout...I've already seen better.